Zimmerman taken into custody after assault on ex wifes father, and gun threat to family

Pot, meet Kettle! Originally Posted by bigtex
Does that mean that Zimmerman was "taken into custody"?
I pointed out some mistakes you made and you admitted to them and dismissed them. Credibility. You don't have it. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I didn't ask you or anyone other than Mr. LexusLover the question. I, like most others on this forum, have made a mis-statement or two. If I remember correctly, they were very minor and did not change the context of the argument. I do remember once stating that Trayvon Martin, on the night in question, was drinking gatorade while in fact he was drinking another beverage, and this mistake was pointed out to me. Such mis-statements made by ANYONE should hardly affect one's credibility. And I am one of the rare people who admit to it and don't try to make excuses. I have asked Mr. LexusLover to back up his bravado with actual statements I have made in "discussions" with him that are factually incorrect.

So far -- nothing. Which is what I expected.
I just pointed out the SOME of the mistakes you made in the one post you wrote. But let me guess, you frequently use the "I don't make mistakes, I make mis-statements" excuse - along with the "I wasn't talking to you" excuse. Which is why your credibility lacks.
Which is why your credibility lacks. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Pot has already forgotten that he just met Kettle!
I just pointed out the SOME of the mistakes you made in the one post you wrote. But let me guess, you frequently use the "I don't make mistakes, I make mis-statements" excuse - along with the "I wasn't talking to you" excuse. Which is why your credibility lacks. Originally Posted by gnadfly
A mis-statement is synonymous with a mistake. Same thing. Never said otherwise. However, I ask the same question of you that I asked of LL. What mistakes/mis-statements have I made that have drastically changed the context of the point being made? Gatorade or tea? Definite mistake on my part. But you have to do better than that if you are looking to destroy one's credibility.

Regarding your other point, LL accused me of making mistakes in arguments with HIM. I directed a question directly at HIM. Since you have made a similar accusation, I ask the same question to you.

Regarding your other point, LL accused me of making mistakes in arguments with HIM. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Don't concern yourself with LL calling out posters for mistakes. After ten very long years, he has yet to admit that he made a mistake in supporting the ill fated and ill advised invasion of Iraq.

Perhaps he is planning that sometime in the future he will surprise us all with a deathbed confession!
  • CJ7
  • 09-12-2013, 08:15 AM
wait till LL, IB and Niceguy follow you around for three days reminding you about an apostrophe ..

that certainly gives them stellar credibility doesn't it?

for a group of clowns.
Don't concern yourself with LL calling out posters for mistakes. After ten very long years, he has yet to admit that he made a mistake in supporting the ill fated and ill advised invasion of Iraq.

Perhaps he is planning that sometime in the future he will surprise us all with a deathbed confession! Originally Posted by bigtex
That is why I stated the 2 rules by which this forum seems to be run. At least in one person's mind.
wait till LL, IB and Niceguy follow you around for three days reminding you about an apostrophe ..

that certainly gives them stellar credibility doesn't it?

for a group of clowns. Originally Posted by CJ7
Typical CBJ7 deflection! It's only after you've hypocritically criticized someone else's errors that are you assailed for your shortcomings in grammar, spelling and punctuation, you ignorant and hypocritical clown.
  • CJ7
  • 09-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Typical CBJ7 deflection! It's only after you've hypocritically criticized someone else's errors that are you assailed for your shortcomings in grammar, spelling and punctuation, you ignorant and hypocritical clown. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

you forgot a comma
you forgot a comma Originally Posted by CJ7
You're ignorantly wrong, CBJ7, and you missed your period.
  • CJ7
  • 09-12-2013, 09:18 AM
You're ignorantly wrong, CBJ7, and you missed your period. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

grammar bad Igor.

it's not MY period, it's A period.

Period.
grammar bad Igor.

it's not MY period, it's A period.

Period. Originally Posted by CJ7
You're the one exhibiting poor grammar and punctuation, CBJ7, and you missed your period.
  • CJ7
  • 09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Does that mean that Zimmerman was "taken into custody"? Originally Posted by LexusLover

even if zim was at his own home, and the investigating officers who answered the 911 call told him to sit in their car he WAS in police custody.

yes, he was in police custody until they told him he could leave
Does that mean that Zimmerman was "taken into custody"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes he was, I posted the news link in CJ7's thread. The cops called it "investigational custody" while he remained in handcuffs for about an hour or so. He wasn't allowed to leave the area they were holding him at till they were through with thier investigation.