Let us not forget Pearl Harbor

Not ashamed of my service, but ashamed that we wasted so many lives on such a worthless endevour.

When I ETSed out, I left it all behind, and got on with the rest of my life. Originally Posted by Jackie S

IMO the biggest "shame" is on the people and government in this country who treated veterans as though they were infected with leprosy and a blight on our society. I have "hoped" that this country will continue to separate the person from the mission, and treat the servicemembers and veterans with courtesy and respect. Recent revelations regarding the VA facilities is disturbing, and apparently now "off the front page."

Jackie, I am sorry for your suffering. The source of some pain is not seen.
+100
This information I learned from personal experience:

Probably won't be found in the History books at the Naval Academy. Originally Posted by LexusLover
You wouldn't know, would you LLIdiot?
You wouldn't know, would you LLIdiot? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It's more likely that I would know than you would understand.

(In reality, I would know within a reasonable certainty. If one is not supposed to be there, it doesn't get "booked." But I can read maps and you can't. And "we" have already learned recently if it's not "documented" it didn't happen. Right?)
IMO the biggest "shame" is on the people and government in this country who treated veterans as though they were infected with leprosy and a blight on our society. I have "hoped" that this country will continue to separate the person from the mission, and treat the servicemembers and veterans with courtesy and respect. Recent revelations regarding the VA facilities is disturbing, and apparently now "off the front page."

Jackie, I am sorry for your suffering. The source of some pain is not seen. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Ditto. Absolutely.
  • WTF
  • 12-15-2014, 08:01 AM

When I ETSed out, I left it all behind, and got on with the rest of my life. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That is exactly what my cousin did, he died of cancer last year before his 65th birthday. He said he had all kind of exposure to Agent Orange while he was dropped in Cambodia. ..a place our government said we weren't.
....Cambodia. ..a place our government said we weren't. Originally Posted by WTF
Except ... John Kerry.....

He drove their in a boat.
That is exactly what my cousin did, he died of cancer last year before his 65th birthday. He said he had all kind of exposure to Agent Orange while he was dropped in Cambodia. ..a place our government said we weren't. Originally Posted by WTF
Page 7:
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/docs/...de_vietnam.pdf
Cambodia. ..a place our government said we weren't. Originally Posted by WTF
I was at my ex's high school reunion, I think it was her 10th and I got talking to a guy and I ask him what he was doing these days. He said he just went to work for Conoco Pipe after getting his MBA. I said wait a minute you are missing a few years.

He said he was in Vietnam, I said wait a minute, I was DMG and could not go to VN, he then said he was actually in Cambodia/ I said that was against the law

He said he had gone Air Borne Ranger etc and he left a letter in a safe deposit box to his parents stating where he was
... actually in Cambodia/ I said that was against the law.... Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
I guess that depends on when ...
Maybe someone should clarify that the US government (LBJ) did deny being in Cambodia at one time but it sounds like a lot of this happened AFTER the US (Nixon) admitted that we were in Cambodia. Kerry's account had him in a boat inside Cambodia on Christmas eve of 1968 and he blamed Republican Richard Nixon....who would take office a month later!

Before you say some stupid bull shit, I have an uncle who was captured in Cambodia, near the border of South Vietnam, in 1962. Special Forces squad. Two were executed and two (my uncle was one) were released to celebrate May Day and to show Kennedy that they could negoiate.
What happened to Pearl Harbor?
What happened to Pearl Harbor? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Got the shit bombed out of it, and was rebuilt with a monument to it all.

Kinda like 911.

"We" tend to do that shit.
Maybe someone should clarify that the US government (LBJ) did deny being in Cambodia at one time ... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Eisenhower ordered folks inserted in there, and Kennedy didn't know until after he was sworn. "We" were flying a lot of sorties into the area before Johnson ever got "in charge." The irony of Johnson's demise over it is that he was the swing vote in the Senate denying the French request for a low yield atomic weapon to "glass over' THEIR enemies when the French were taking their turn in the barrel. But the real irony and lesson is Ho Chi Minh was "our ally" in WWII (after Pearl Harbor ... there it is IVA!!!!!). THE TIE IN TO THE OP.
Got the shit bombed out of it, and was rebuilt with a monument to it all.

Kinda like 911.

"We" tend to do that shit. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Was aware of that lexie lacking, had relations there at the time. the thread had digressed to Vietfuckingnam.