Navy Yard shooting

Bee Cave rd old or new isn't even close to Cedar Park .. Originally Posted by CJ7
I NEVER said it was. Knucklehead "ASSUMED" ... before there was a fancy bridge over Lake Austin (the Colorado River) to get to Lake Travis one could go "North" by Cedar Trailer Park .. which was the old "highway" toward Burnett .. or one could go the "Southern" route by crossing the Colorado River at Congress or Lamar bridges (now what is known as Town Lake ... and pass Barton's Swimming Pool and catch Bee Cave Road in that direction. In those days if you were sort of hungry you could pick up 10 "yankee" hamburgers for a dollar at TJ's on South Lamar just before you turned right to head toward Barton's Swimming Pool area ... that would have been a right onto Riverside Drive.

Has anyone looked up Clarksville yet ... I asked BT it seems like years ago. How can anyone be "from" Austin and not know about Clarksville?

Back to the OP topic.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2013, 04:58 PM
I have also lived IN AUSTIN over a longer span of time ... thus you and I have a difference in opinion regarding the SPAWNING of "Cedar Park" and its actual beginnings ....

I spent years driving by the trailer park and you have spent years reading the chamber of commerce version ... trying to scrub up the image....

here's where you insinuate Cedar Park was or is a trailer park ... you're a word game, and a sorry one at that ...

carry on
here's where you insinuate Cedar Park was or is a trailer park ... you're a word game, and a sorry one at that ...

carry on Originally Posted by CJ7
The trailer park was named "Cedar Park" and

...... that was the sign hanging out at the road.

There was no incorporated existence in those years and

..... it was touted as being a "village"!

If I wanted to "play on words" I could really have a good time with that ... but I'm little concerned about your self-proclaimed "expertise" on Austin and surrounding area ... any more pushing of the issue would require some "outing" and my preference is to remain as anonymous as possible on here for EVERYONE including you ...

so tell us about Clarksville .. or are you still trying to look it up?
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2013, 05:18 PM
The trailer park was named "Cedar Park" and

...... that was the sign hanging out at the road.

There was no incorporated existence in those years and

..... it was touted as being a "village"!

If I wanted to "play on words" I could really have a good time with that ... but I'm little concerned about your self-proclaimed "expertise" on Austin and surrounding area ... any more pushing of the issue would require some "outing" and my preference is to remain as anonymous as possible on here for EVERYONE including you ...

so tell us about Clarksville .. or are you still trying to look it up? Originally Posted by LexusLover

I got that in post 86 ...you still compare a trailer park named Cedar Trailer park to Cedar Park Texas ... unless the trailer park had its own Chamber of Commerce ... now argue about the small shit all you want to and try and convince everyone how stupidly smart you really are.

done here.
I NEVER said it was. Knucklehead "ASSUMED" ... before there was a fancy bridge over Lake Austin (the Colorado River) to get to Lake Travis one could go "North" by Cedar Trailer Park .. which was the old "highway" toward Burnett .. or one could go the "Southern" route by crossing the Colorado River at Congress or Lamar bridges (now what is known as Town Lake ... and pass Barton's Swimming Pool and catch Bee Cave Road in that direction. In those days if you were sort of hungry you could pick up 10 "yankee" hamburgers for a dollar at TJ's on South Lamar just before you turned right to head toward Barton's Swimming Pool area ... that would have been a right onto Riverside Drive.

Has anyone looked up Clarksville yet ... I asked BT it seems like years ago. How can anyone be "from" Austin and not know about Clarksville?

Back to the OP topic. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I know it well. Had lunch in that hood earlier this week.

But you're full of shit with your little BS word games LL.

We used to go to lake Travis out 2222...before there was a "fancy" bridge. It was there. HWY 360...home of the "fancy" bridge...wasn't built until the 80s. I do not remember driving out 183 to get to the lake. Or out 71.

of course, you do know all there is to know about all there is to know...
I do not remember driving out 183 to get to the lake. Or out 71.... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
And what's your point? (Because you "do not remember" it didn't happen?)

And while we're on your "tour guide" what was the name of the eatery where you "lunched" in Clarksville, or at least the street name or number? (Oh, "last week" .. you do know all about the history of Austin, having lunched there "last week.")

"All knowing" YR .... I hunted in what is now known as "West Lake Hills" (Just on the otherside of Lake Austin) and fished in the Colorado near the low water bridge before the dam was built to create Towne Lake.
We are arguing about trailer parks in Austin now?

We are arguing about trailer parks in Austin now? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
LexiLiar has been a regular participant in numerous losing arguments since the ill fated and ill advised spring of 2003. But you have to give him at least a little credit, he keeps limping along!
We are arguing about trailer parks in Austin now?
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
No. There is none.

We are now "arguing" about how to get to Lake Travis from Austin.

But it is REALLY not about that either. Just ask BT.

Actually all this crap about Texas leads back to some lame-ass suggestion that because the shooter at the Naval Station stayed in Texas for a few months with a friend ...

the media called him a "Texan" ...

.... rather than a New Yorker where he was born and "raised."!

If the news has any positive threads ... like Hillary ... it's all about New York....

.. if violence it always leads back to Texas ... it seems. Usually by NonTexans.
LexiLiar has been a regular participant in numerous losing arguments since the ill fated and ill advised spring of 2003. But you have to give him at least a little credit, he keeps limping along! Originally Posted by bigtex
It's now a discussion about the "ill-fated" decision to lob missiles into Syria.

Speaking of losers ....

... I'll refrain from discussing the lack of security on military bases

....and where the buck stops.
Or who does the background checks for the government since it outsourced it from the FBI.
We are now "arguing" about how to get to Lake Travis from Austin. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Oh, well that's different then. Please carry on
Snick funny CC