tattoo

You don't like tattoos, fine... But saying you don't like them because you prefer to be all natural/ untouched, when you have fake tits (which leave scars from surgery), piercings, and use a sunbed to get your tan (which is horrible for your skin btw)... Then it just makes you sound like a cunt, a dumb and contradicting one at that. Originally Posted by Valerie
honey...I haven't tanned in a tanning bed in a year. Piercings? um one so it is A piercing.
And enough is enough! Everyone just needs to leave me alone and stop bashing me. I made my opinion and we can all tell no one liked it, but that's fine so just leave it be and leave me alone.
It's not what you said, but the way you said it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Your language was abusive, uncalled for, and deserving of an apology you have yet to give. I think if you were to even act sorry, even a little bit, you would catch more flies and less crap... But what do I know?
It's not what you said, but the way you said it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Your language was abusive, uncalled for, and deserving of an apology you have yet to give. I think if you were to even act sorry, even a little bit, you would catch more flies and less crap... But what do I know? Originally Posted by theCFE
She can't help herself...as she's demonstrated numerous times.
I am defending myself so I don't need to give an apology. Most of the crap people say on here about me is most of the time bashing and do you think anyone has apologized to me? Um no so therefore why should I apologize for something I said. I get bashed on this site more than any other providers because of my menu and it's ridiculous. Maybe one day y'all will see how a nice girl turns into a bitch...it's because of the shit y'all put her through and the shit you guys say constantly. Half of y'all I've never even met but you still like to put me down and critize my every move because you don't like it. If you don't like it then leave it be. Don't keep commenting on my damn reviews talking shit. Everyone here knows what I offer and don't...so accept and move on. You people wonder why I'm a bitch well it's because of half of y'all on here. Y'all made me this way! But it's ok because this will be behind me soon and I don't have to put up with y'all's crap much longer. This hobby can grind a girl down.
And you know what's funny...even some of the guys I'm nice to, that I've seen, say I'm a bitch because they don't like my menu. Everyone thinks I'm a bitch so I went ahead and played the part. Oh well. Even when I'm nice I can't win so I stopped trying.
I am defending myself so I don't need to give an apology. Most of the crap people say on here about me is most of the time bashing and do you think anyone has apologized to me? Um no so therefore why should I apologize for something I said. I get bashed on this site more than any other providers because of my menu and it's ridiculous. Maybe one day y'all will see how a nice girl turns into a bitch...it's because of the shit y'all put her through and the shit you guys say constantly. Half of y'all I've never even met but you still like to put me down and critize my every move because you don't like it. If you don't like it then leave it be. Don't keep commenting on my damn reviews talking shit. Everyone here knows what I offer and don't...so accept and move on. You people wonder why I'm a bitch well it's because of half of y'all on here. Y'all made me this way! But it's ok because this will be behind me soon and I don't have to put up with y'all's crap much longer. This hobby can grind a girl down. Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
Must resist... urge...

I tend to stay away from drama. That's someting that annoys me. Originally Posted by Someone's showcase

See more asshole moves but him^

He deserves no apology ever from me!

Maybe if he wasn't such a jerk then maybe I'd apologize to begin with and had been nice to but nooooooooo
be who you wanna be Jemma..no reason to get jaded. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
See more asshole moves but him^

He deserves no apology ever from me!

Maybe if he wasn't such a jerk then maybe I'd apologize to begin with and had been nice to but nooooooooo Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
I'm sorry, but were the statements I quoted from you untrue?

Please accept my sincerest and most heartfelt apologies for wrongly believing you mean the things you publicly post.

Continue then to drink deeply from the cup of drama - we are all eagerly awaiting your next insightful observation upon the subject.

Jemma... Some of us like "bitches". At least for a couple hours. No need to apologize. Rock on.
Jemma, you need to buy a strap-on and a whip. You could totally sell that.

Oh, and for the sake of being on topic, I agree with your opinion about tattoos. CFE is also right about how you handled it though. I don't care for fake boobs, but I wouldn't be intentionally insulting to you about it.
honey...I haven't tanned in a tanning bed in a year. Piercings? um one so it is A piercing. Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
I am defending myself so I don't need to give an apology. Most of the crap people say on here about me is most of the time bashing and do you think anyone has apologized to me? Um no so therefore why should I apologize for something I said. I get bashed on this site more than any other providers because of my menu and it's ridiculous. Maybe one day y'all will see how a nice girl turns into a bitch...it's because of the shit y'all put her through and the shit you guys say constantly. Half of y'all I've never even met but you still like to put me down and critize my every move because you don't like it. If you don't like it then leave it be. Don't keep commenting on my damn reviews talking shit. Everyone here knows what I offer and don't...so accept and move on. You people wonder why I'm a bitch well it's because of half of y'all on here. Y'all made me this way! But it's ok because this will be behind me soon and I don't have to put up with y'all's crap much longer. This hobby can grind a girl down. Originally Posted by Jemma Martin

Cognitive dissonance: the engine that drives self-justification

The need to justify our actions and decisions, especially the ones inconsistent with our beliefs, comes from the unpleasant feeling called cognitive dissonance.[1] Cognitive dissonance is a state of tension that occurs whenever a person holds two inconsistent cognitions. For example, "smoking will shorten the life which I wish to live for as long as possible" and yet "I smoke three packs a day".
Dissonance is bothersome in any circumstance but it is especially painful when an important element of self-concept is threatened. For instance, if the smoker considered himself a healthy person, this would cause a greater deal of dissonance than if he considered himself an unhealthy person because the dissonant action is in direct conflict with an image of himself.
Dissonance can result from an action dissonant with either a negative or positive concept. For example, Aronson[2] showed that students who failed numerous times at a task showed evidence of dissonance when they later succeeded at the same task. Some even went to the extent of incorrectly changing answers in order to present a consistent image.
Steele[3] argues that the main cause of dissonance is not necessarily the difference between actions and beliefs, but the resulting degradation of self-image. By not behaving in line with his beliefs, this may threaten his integrity. One method of reducing dissonance would then be to reaffirm his ‘goodness’. Researchers have shown that this reaffirmation is actually better at reducing dissonant feelings if it is in an unrelated area than a related one. For example, if a smoker is experiencing dissonance because he knows that smoking is bad for his health, he could reduce his dissonance by reminding himself that he is an environmentally friendly person and does a lot of good in reducing his carbon footprint. However, a reminder that he is a healthy person who exercises regularly is actually more likely to increase feelings of dissonance.[not in citation given][4] In support of this idea, research shows that in low-threat situations, people with high self-esteem are less likely to engage in self-justification strategies than those with low self-esteem. It is possible that people with high self-esteem have more accessible positive thoughts about themselves that can successfully reduce dissonance. However, in high threat situations, these positive thoughts are not enough, and high self-esteem people do engage in self-justification strategies.[5]

Self-justification and moral choices

Self-justification often comes into play when discussing why individuals make “immoral” decisions. To keep viewing themselves in a positive light, individuals may rationalize unethical or corrupt decision-making using the aforementioned self-justification strategies.
In a 1958 study on cheating, Mills administered a test to a sixth grade class that was impossible to pass without cheating. Before the test, he measured each student’s attitudes toward cheating. He then gave the 6th graders the test without supervision but with a hidden camera in the classroom. Half of the class cheated and half didn’t. Mills then measured each student’s attitude towards cheating after the test. He found that the students who did cheat developed a more lenient attitude towards cheating while the students who did not cheat developed stronger attitudes against cheating.[8]
In Mills’ study, self -justification occurred. After each student decided whether or not to cheat, they justified this decision to make themselves feel good. In order to reduce their cognitive dissonance, the students that did cheat altered their thoughts on cheating: i.e.- “cheating isn’t that bad” or “cheating was required in order to achieve the prize” - to justify their actions. On the other hand, students that did not cheat may have justified a lack of success on the test to: “I have too good of morals to cheat” or “Cheating is never right.” In both instances, the student is trying to justify their actions and retain their self-concept.
This experiment shows potential dangers of self-justification. It seems that people who partake in unethical behavior may become slightly more accepting and comfortable with their actions.[9]
Decision making: conflict escalation

One major claim of social psychology is that we experience cognitive dissonance every time we make a decision; in an attempt to alleviate this, we then submit to a largely unconscious reduction of dissonance by creating new motives of our decision making that more positively reflect on our self-concept. This process of reducing cognitive dissonance regarding decision-making relates back to the problem of individual becoming stagnant in a course of action. Furthermore, once an individual makes a decision dissonance has begun. In order to alleviate this dissonance, he or she rationalizes their actions either by changing them, or in this case continuing on in their course of action, perpetuating their qualifying beliefs. In this case, the question concerns the source of the breakdown of rationale that causes the continuation of such disadvantageous behavior.[10]
Prior studies have shown that individuals tend to become locked into a particular course of action, by means of sequential and escalating commitments, resulting in detrimental personal decisions and many other evitable disastrous events. After acknowledging this fundamental attribute of human behavior, it is necessary to understand if these situations arise from concrete decisional errors or are just simply how the events panned out.[10]
There is a large pool of data concerning the justification of behavior in much of the social psychological studies on forced compliance. In these studies the expected result is “ that individuals will bias their attitudes on the experimental task in a positive direction so as to justify their previous behavior”. In one such study Staw et al. investigated whether decision makers could become overcommitted to a course of action- as is typical following decision related dissonance. The assumption in this particular study was that individuals would go beyond “the passive distortion of adverse consequences in an effort to rationalize a behavioral error.” The consensus among the researchers was also that certain individuals who had experienced setbacks might attempt to “turn the situation around” or in other words display some kind of “ultimate rationality to his or her original course of action.” In the study, the researchers implemented a simulated business case design, in which an administrator could regain loses by committing to new resources. Business school students were asked to fill the role of corporate financial officer and allocate research and development funds to either one of two divisions of a company. In the end, the “findings supported the predication that administrators may seek to justify an ineffective course of action by escalating their commitment of resources to it.” Upon interpreting the findings Staw claims that this, along with several other studies exploring the role of justification in decision-making, subtly highlighted an internal justification process, or in other words an intra-individual process in which people tend to act in ways to protect their own self-image.[10]
Being mindful of escalating commitment to a particular course of action, especially when said actions are failing or having some kind of negative effect on others is very important. This carefulness to avoid the aforementioned behavior can be applied to many aspects of our lives-both in the business world and in more unconventional every day situations. For example, in the Staw study mentioned above, the effects of a growing need for justification was seen in a business workplace setting. In this type of environment it is ideal to make sure that none is continuing on with unfavorable ideas simply because they have rationalized that somehow everything will be successful in the end. Likewise in personal situations involving stocks and investment issues, recognizing when one is only continuing investments out of desperate and misguided hope that things will begin to improve is essential to personal finance and well being. This understanding is not only essential to matters involving finances, but can also be applicable in any situation where a disadvantageous behavior is being perpetuated when clearly it has no merit.
be who you wanna be Jemma..no reason to get jaded. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Originally Posted by notanewbie
Jemma... Some of us like "bitches". At least for a couple hours. No need to apologize. Rock on. Originally Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded
No one is telling her who to be... I could care less how bitchy she is, I'm the last one to talk when it comes to the bitch factor... All some were merely pointing out was that she was contradicting herself by cunting people with tattoos because she thinks it best to be natural...and that's all well and good if the cunt in question is all natural herself, but the implants, hair colour, fake tan, and piercing would prove her to be otherwise.

And so I'm clear, I have no problem with any of the above, I'm all about do what makes you happy and feel good about yourself, just don't think she took the best approach at trying to get her point across.