Where's Governor Gregg Abbott?

What are the chances he drops out of the race before he loses?

Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

if you believe the press 100%

Trump in ‘fragile’ mood and may drop out of 2020 race if poll numbers don’t improve, GOP insiders tell Fox News

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-fragile...152718908.html

since the press is constantly wrong and stirring up "fake news" based on "gop sources" i'd say the real odds are ..

ZERO

butt yous keep dreaming, dreamer.

BAHHAAAA
  • oeb11
  • 06-30-2020, 03:52 PM
What ever you say ob1. You know trump is one n done no matter how many handles you post with Originally Posted by Tsmokies

please report multiple handles to the MODS
Remember ts - the rtm button is your little friend.

someday - One might even learn to address an issue on a post.
Actually, I would be disappointed for selfish reasons, but I would not blame him in the least. He hasn't and doesn't deserve the disrespectful reception from both sides of the aisle ... when he came into office and since. He's done a remarkable job consider the almost total lack of cooperation and support from the swamp rats infesting D.C.

Pence will really piss them off!
Actually, I would be disappointed for selfish reasons, but I would not blame him in the least. He hasn't and doesn't deserve the disrespectful reception from both sides of the aisle ... when he came into office and since. He's done a remarkable job consider the almost total lack of cooperation and support from the swamp rats infesting D.C.

Pence will really piss them off! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I agree. He should get re elected then hand it over to Pence in February.
  • Tiny
  • 07-01-2020, 08:57 AM
On Fox and Friends this morning, Kellyanne Conway asked whether we'd prefer to shut the bars down now or open schools in a couple of months. Good point Kellyanne. Good move Governor Abbott.
Remember his quote: Drain the Swamp. He did NOT say Drain the Demonicrat Swamp. He meant the whole swamp and nothing but the whole swamp, so help me...

Pence will really piss them off! Originally Posted by LexusLover
  • Tiny
  • 07-10-2020, 04:03 PM
Here's an interesting article about the double standard applied to Republican and Democratic governors. Newsom (California) and Abbott (Texas) responded similarly to the epidemic, but Abbott is criticized and Newsom is not, because Abbott is a Republican. Thankfully both are now requiring people to wear masks, and they've shut the bars. Too bad they didn't do that a couple of months ago.

It’s pretty obvious why California and Newsom haven’t been pummeled the way Florida, Texas and Arizona have. California is a Democratic state. Newsom is a Democratic governor. Bringing up California’s pandemic woes punctures the critics’ narrative that Republican mismanagement is the reason for the scary surge in infections.

In truth, Newsom has done many of the same things that his Republican counterparts are being criticized for. He ceded the reopening process to the counties — which raced to end the lockdown before it was wise. Like the Republican governors, he declined to issue a statewide mask mandate, though he did encourage people to use them. He reopened bars, which caused the same problems in California that it caused elsewhere.

In recent days, Newsom has put the brakes on the reopening in much of the state. He issued a mandatory mask order. He shut down the bars, and indoor dining. But that’s exactly what Abbott has done in Texas. All of these governors are trying to recover from mistakes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...da-on-covid-19
  • oeb11
  • 07-11-2020, 07:02 AM
Comrade Xi Love You!
Hate speech from Tiny...belittling someone's handicap. Then again, we all make fun of the liberal posters who one brain cell and no character.
  • Tiny
  • 07-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Hate speech from Tiny...belittling someone's handicap. Then again, we all make fun of the liberal posters who one brain cell and no character. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
What I said was pretty mild. If you're truly that politically correct there's a liberal arts professorship waiting for you at a university somewhere.
  • oeb11
  • 07-11-2020, 02:55 PM
Hate speech from Tiny...belittling someone's handicap. Then again, we all make fun of the liberal posters who one brain cell and no character. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

TWBC - article reference excepted - I could not read it
I did not see any reference to Abbott's handicap in Tiny's post.
  • Tiny
  • 07-11-2020, 04:02 PM
TWBC - article reference excepted - I could not read it
I did not see any reference to Abbott's handicap in Tiny's post. Originally Posted by oeb11
Barleycorn objects to this:

"Governor Abbott should get off his ass, figuratively speaking, and do more"

And he did exactly that, although slower than I would have liked. If he can get the cooperation of Texans, to wear masks and socially distance, then he will save lives, jobs and businesses without another lockdown. Unfortunately that's a big if.
  • oeb11
  • 07-11-2020, 04:23 PM
Tiny - thank You - the objectionable phrase must be in the article and not your comments.

I do agree that the LSM gives gov Gruesome a pass - along with cuomo and DumBlasio - etc, but Republican govenors are harshly criticized for the same actions/ non-actions.