2024 presidential candidates

I didn't say nominated. I said wins. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
The discussion is who will be the nominees in 2024, not who will win the 2024 presidential election. Harris and Desantis are the current leaders by odds makers, who are as often wrong as they are right.
Yes, but I'm talking very specifically about winners and you attempted to attack, not my premise, but my conclusion.
Harris dropped out in December 2019. I don't know if she was ever ahead but she did drop quickly.

As I said, it's simply too early to put any faith at all into 2024 candidates but history shows the VP under the exiting POTUS usually gets the nomination. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
She was the front runner until the race actually began. lol

As for your premise about the VP under the exiting POTUS, the last time that happened was Al Gore, and the last time the sitting VP won the election was George HW Bush, not his son.

I think Harris will have to be the incumbent POTUS, not the VP for her to get the nomination in 2024 even assuming Dementia Joe can't remember his own name by then and that he is no longer a factor.
How do you know? Originally Posted by bambino
My own mother was an Obama voter, she was so pissed afterwards that she became a staunch Trump supporter, and she lives in the super liberal SF Bay Area. Better late than never. lol
Trump will be back soon. All this twaddle in this thread doesn’t matter. Originally Posted by bambino
Trump can do more damage to the Democratic Party outside the Political arena than in it.
Trump can do more damage to the Democratic Party outside the Political arena than in it. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Trump can do more damage to the Republican party inside or outside the Political arena Originally Posted by Levianon17
Just getting your actual meaning corrected.
Trump did a fantastic job during the Republican party debates. But the debates are a good fit for his personality. During the debates with Biden, he did not do so well. He was terrible during the first debate, as all he could do was interrupt Biden. They even had to change the debate rules after that disaster. The following debates were about even.

If Trump stays in the Republican party, and again is involved in Republican party debates, the other candidates are going to need to figure out a new strategy or presentation to do well.