Please Don’t Thank Me for My Service

So that is what you took out of that?

It would help if you would not Cherry Pick each and every paragraph to fit your POV.

Give $100 to a vet, Ben Fountain, author of the “Billy Lynn” book,half-joked, saying it would at least show some sacrifice on the thanker’s part. Originally Posted by WTF

Giving something of value is no more or less sincere than a thank you...

Hell, I could give a soldier a car. If I have a 1000 of them to give away it might seem kind of hollow. If I gave him my only car and walked my ass to work everyday it would mean something more. A thank you doesn't have to be any different. What if all I have to give is a thank you?
Giving something of value is no more or less sincere than a thank you... Originally Posted by boardman
IMO this thread is much ado about nothing.

It's a backhanded way to whine about "the war" that someone opposes, but it involves the servicemembers and their dedication and contribution, which is offensive ..... trying to turn the general public away from showing appreciation... because of the MISSION ... but it can affect the participant.

Most of the people I've been around (and I'm around .. .the numbers are dwindling) don't say much about the reality one way or another. They don't wear it on their sleeve or on a crisp new "cap."!!! It was nothing special, just expected of them.
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2015, 01:49 PM
Giving something of value is no more or less sincere than a thank you...
? Originally Posted by boardman
I'll remember that next time I go to pay a hooker. " bm says thank you is just as sincere as money!

Keep em coming bm , you're cracking me up.
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2015, 01:51 PM
IMO this thread is much ado about nothing.

It's a backhanded way to whine about "the war" that someone opposes, but it involves the servicemembers and their dedication and contribution, which is offensive ..... trying to turn the general public away from showing appreciation... because of the MISSION ... but it can affect the participant.
m. Originally Posted by LexusLover
We've already established you will not even buy a service member a beer you cheap SOB.
We've already established you will not even buy a service member a beer you cheap SOB. Originally Posted by WTF
that's not what I said dumbass ... as the ole saying goes ...

.. you'd rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

I've probably bought more booze for servicemembers than you've seen poured in your sorry ass life .... most I've known drink ... whisky...what ever brand....and occasionally they might drink "whiskey" to be "uppity."

Now do you want to quote EXACTLY WHAT I POSTED? Or stick with your lie?
I thought this was more WTF "gay shit" he was posting when I saw the headline.

I will thank servicemembers whenever I please, and if they take exception to it, then I will apologize and tell them I'm sorry they feel that way. I just won't buy an alcoholic beverage for them when they are in uniform, even though they probably need or deserve one. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Here's what I posted, dipshit loser, in response to your lame ass thread.
that's not what I said dumbass ... as the ole saying goes ...

.. you'd rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

I've probably bought more booze for servicemembers than you've seen poured in your sorry ass life .... most I've known drink ... whisky...what ever brand....and occasionally they might drink "whiskey" to be "uppity."

Now do you want to quote EXACTLY WHAT I POSTED? Or stick with your lie? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Getting service members drunk so you can Bill Cosby them is not sincere.
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Here's what I posted, dipshit loser, in response to your lame ass thread. Originally Posted by LexusLover
How do you know they are service members if they aren't in uniform? So you do not buy service members in uniform drinks and you do not buy anyone not in uniform a drink. Unless you go around asking folks not in uniform if they are service members. Is that wtf you are trying to lie to us about?

Like i said we have already established you ain't buying them shit including even a drink. And you'll say what ever you want to them even if they do not want to hear it.
How do you know they are service members if they aren't in uniform? Originally Posted by WTF
It depends on about whom you are speaking, now doesn't it? And in what environment, as well, doesn't it. And what "assumptions" about me you cherish.

But I continually forget (I'll try to do better) that you are the dumbshit who has to believe that everyone else is a dumbshit so that you can struggle to "feel" intellectually superior with your childish word-games and cut and pastes.

And I have known for a long time "former" servicemembers (who often affectionately remind dumbasses like you that they still "are" what they "are"), who refrained from wearing their former attire while out chasing pussy, since for many long years they had to endure the snotty little whining anti-military, anti-war, dipshits like you that think up any ole reason to bash them verbally and stir up shit with them. They just wanted to be left alone to have some drinks, fuck some ladies, and go home.... whether that evening or the next morning, depending on the lady's preference. We enjoyed ourselves.

Now why don't you run along and have some fun for a change. This can't be.
Getting service members drunk so you can Bill Cosby them is not sincere. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Now. Did I say I got anyone drunk?

I don't get people drunk. Do you?

What ever BT and WTF have you are catching. I didn't know it was contagious.

Keep it up and you are going to be anointed the King Cherry Picker.
I'll remember that next time I go to pay a hooker. " bm says thank you is just as sincere as money!
Originally Posted by WTF
If you go to a hooker that accepts a thank you as payment please don't let me know who she is.
Why stop there. Go to a gas station and thank them for the gas.

You're deliberately confusing the value of tangibles with the value of a sentiment. That is not a comparison I was trying to make. Were you?
You're deliberately confusing the value of tangibles with the value of a sentiment. That is not a comparison I was trying to make. Were you? Originally Posted by boardman
Are you absolutely sure he is being "deliberate"?

How many pages did the "What is lying" sub-thread last?

Not to mention he doesn't know how to know someone is a servicemember if they are out of uniform!! ...
Thank you for your service.
Sorry for your loss.
Both sound to me like you are reading from your teleprompter. They ring hollow.
Now. Did I say I got anyone drunk?

I don't get people drunk. Do you?

What ever BT and WTF have you are catching. I didn't know it was contagious.

Keep it up and you are going to be anointed the King Cherry Picker. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I know your type get some drinks in them then grab their knee. Saw your ilk in a lot of Army towns.
My Veteran son came back from Iraq and drove out to see me at work. We left my work and drove down the road to a local convenience store. He was in uniform and the owner was working the register. My son bought a pack of smokes, pack of condoms and a pack of gum. The owner would not take his money and said THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. We left.

A week later I went in to buy something at the same store. The owner was working the register again... NOBODY understood why I started blubbering trying to thank the man or what was going on. I left, I knew... but I'm not sure he even remembered.

Any way, Thanks Veterans!

My Son is doing great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVppxyO6HwQ