Militias square off in Kentucky

TWK, I never bad mouthed Trump for taking advantage of what he could. I certainly do so. I'm not going to be a hypocrite. He just has a hell of a lot larger scale than I have. As far as I am concerned, it bothers me not.

blink blink... they paid for your peloton bike? won't they take that out of your salary? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
No. It's fitness. They encourage it at my firm. I could buy a whole fucking gym in my house and they would pay for it. They know I work out a lot so it's not like I am wasting their money. We get up to $3K in physical fitness a year for my job rank. I'm running out of shit for them to buy for me.
Saw thirty seconds, that was a worse flop than Manu Ginobili. There is ridiculousness on both sides.

And why in the hell is my Freakazoid music video showing up in the more videos scroll? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

18 seconds out of 18 minutes. can't stand their bad behaviour. eh.

ridiculousness on both sides??? I doubt that, its one side and its the one doing the harrassing and ripping things off other peoples cars, blocking street so that traffic can't get thru.

"There is ridiculousness on both sides." sure, if you think that.

Why did the government intervene to save "them" if "they" were "even beating whites in some metrics"?
Not much of a student of history I see. There was a ~30 year stretch where the black community really started to spread its wings. They didn’t give 2 shits about racism. They built their own communities with strong families, strong businesses, strong morality, and excelled in sports and the arts. They built houses, hotels, theaters, stores, nightclubs, even their own railroad (which hired many whites). Single motherhood was unheard of. It wasn’t until the government convinced them of their own inferiority that they reversed course.

I’d recommend some books, but I doubt you do that sort of thing. Try a docu called Wylie Avenue Days made by WQED, it focuses on the Hill District but is representative of the black community in general in those times, if you can find it.

Edit: Carnegie Library has a copy. https://iiisy1.einetwork.net/search~...+days&3%2C%2C3
  • oeb11
  • 09-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Busing, welfare which prohibited a man in the household, and DPST elitist arrogance have conspired to keep black peoples down on the DPST plantation - as loyal votes for their own slavery to the DPST party.
J - thankYou.
Incidents like Black Wall Street... and Lincoln Heights are also indicative of what happened when people deemed the black folk to be too "uppity".
...indicative of what happened when people deemed the black folk to be too "uppity". Originally Posted by Grace Preston
And what "people" might that have been?
TWK, I never bad mouthed Trump for taking advantage of what he could.... Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
You just did in your own little-minded slimy way.

Exactly "what" has Trump "taken" in so far as "advantage"?
If you're curious-- go look it up. Black Wall Street is easy to get information about....

As for Lincoln Heights... they were surrounded by other predominantly white communities who were continually granted charters despite Lincoln Heights having put their request in years earlier. By the time they were finally granted charter-- they were left with almost nothing to work with....

Here's a writeup about Lincoln Heights-- its The Atlantic.. which isn't my favorite source-- but its fairly accurate... Lincoln Heights is about 8 miles north of me... https://www.theatlantic.com/business...suburb/398303/
Not much of a student of history I see. There was a ~30 year stretch where the black community really started to spread its wings. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
You obviously missed the point of the music video. And you still can't pick up my sarcasm and incredulity.
You obviously missed the point of the music video. And you still can't pick up my sarcasm and incredulity. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

so .. you don't like KC and the Sunshine band??

BAHHAHAAAAAA
And what "people" might that have been? Originally Posted by LexusLover
racist white people who lived during the Jim Crow era. they were true white supremacists.
racist white people who lived during the Jim Crow era. they were true white supremacists. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

For the most part.

But the Lincoln Heights story shows that one didn't need to be in the Jim Crow South to have the same problems. The Republicans in the North weren't really any more enlightened than the Democrats in the South--- they freed the slaves but didn't give them the equal footing to gain employment, education, and housing. That came a century later.
Dim-wits and selective memories ,,People getting tried
Cali 13% income tax and they don't wanta let people leave, and 10 after you leave
47 of the top most violent cities DEM, 41 cities below Poverty levels DEMs
Point being deflection and bad memory is all most of them have , facts NEVER on there side