Confederate flag was the flag of traitors

Your racist, dumb-fuck Yankee ass continues to deny Yankee complicity in the American slave system that existed before the Civil War, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass. In the years leading up to the Civil War, greater than 50% of New York's exports were the product of slave labor, and New York City was the epicenter of outfitting slave ships, and the North pocketed some 40% of every fucking dollar profit made off southern, slave-picked cotton, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Once again, trying to put words in my mouth. I never denied northern involvement. I just said it pale in comparison to Southern exploitation.
Slavery was a dying institution. Technology and public sentiment were overcoming slavery. I've wondered why Lincoln never tried diplomacy? Had cooler heads prevailed, slavery would have died in less than 10 years, the country could have reunited voluntarily, and without the stranglehold of centralized power in Washington, DC.

Once again, trying to put words in my mouth. I never denied northern involvement. I just said it pale in comparison to Southern exploitation.
Originally Posted by ExNYer
cry baby cry...

Originally Posted by ExNYer
The raw, historical data shows Yankees were complicit in the slave trade and profitted off slave products, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass.
The raw, historical data shows Yankees were complicit in the slave trade and profitted off slave products, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You are the worst racist on the board. Nobody even comes close. Not even your twin brother JDIdiot

Hope the neeeeeeegroes come for your mamma, cracker motherfucker!
You are the worst racist on the board. Nobody even comes close. Not even your twin brother JDIdiot

Hope the neeeeeeegroes come for your mamma, cracker motherfucker! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You are hopeless...
A racial slur from FuckZup? Not unexpected with his limited intellect but still in bad taste.
So speaketh the only Nobel laureate for custodial services...

The only racist motherfucker who LEADS with the race card.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You forgot to say "mick" you pathetic bigot.

Keep up the OCD arguing.
Read below, shithead.

Your selective counting of slave deaths confirms that you are a fucking idiot.

Those were the numbers that were BROUGHT to America. That is NOT the number that were held as slaves.

They had children, generation after generation from 1619 to 1865 in the US. 246 years. Their population grew. There were a lot more than a million by the time the Civil War ended.

How many of them died early due to neglect - just like all those in Communist labor camps?

How many slaves that should have lived to 60 years of age died at, say, 40-something due to a typhus outbreak or flu outbreak from being in cramped, filthy slave quarters?

How many died prematurely in their 40s and 50s - but looked like they were in their 70s - from overwork and poor nutrition?

The Russians and Chinese didn't operate gas chambers the way the Nazis did. Some were shot outright for being dissidents. But most were sent to "re-education" camps. Some came back home, but many/most were just worked, abused, and neglected while prisoners for years until they died. Kind of like North Korea today.

If the average lifespan of an inmate of a Chinese labor camp or Soviet gulag was 10 years shorter than the average lifespan of a Chinese or Russian who was NOT imprisoned, you count those interned people as part of the 20 million dead, right?

Well, if you found out that the average lifespan of an American slave in the South was 5 or 10 years SHORTER than the average lifespan of a white person or a free black from the north, do you not count those premature deaths as being caused by slavery?

Also, if you want to REALLY figure out what is worse, you have to look at percentages. Individuals who are not imprisoned don't experience the depredations of those who are imprisoned. There is no such thing as vicarious suffering or vicarious death.

So, to know which system was worse, you have to look at the probability that the average person ends up suffering premature death and endures extreme hardship. Let's double the 20 million number to 40 million people who died prematurely from starvation, hard labor and various other depredations at the hands of the commies.

For most of the Communist era, the Russians had about 250 million people. The Chinese over a billion. Round it off to 1.2 billion (that's probably a low number). So, 40 million (that's a high number) out of 1.2 billion had early deaths under communism. That is about 3.3 percent of the total population. And that is a HIGH number. it was probably closer to 2%.

Now, let's look at blacks living under slavery. Do you really think the percentage who died early is less than 10%? Slave masters couldn't get much work out of 50 year old field hands that were bent over with arthritis. They might have been somewhat more protective of young slaves who were still productive "property". But what advantage was there to giving medical care, healthy food, and proper shelter to older slaves?

The number of blacks dying prematurely under slavery was surely higher than 2% or even 3.3%.

So, if you had to choose which system to live under, which would you choose?

Live in China under the communists and take a 3.3% risk of dying early?

Or live as a slave in the American south in the 1800s and take a 10% (probably higher) risk of dying early?

Remind me again how the life of an American slave was better than living under communism? Originally Posted by ExNYer
All of this takes a whole lot of MENTAL MASTERBATION. Aren't yuo tired.
All of this takes a whole lot of MENTAL MASTERBATION. Aren't yuo tired. Originally Posted by rodog44
A little. But not tired enough to screw up the spellings of "masturbation" and "you".
You forgot to say "mick" you pathetic bigot.

Keep up the OCD arguing. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Cite a solitary IBH post in this thread that didn't address at least one of your obsessive and petulant insults, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass! BTW, noticed how you cut and run -- DODGED -- when you choked on the facts, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass. Still waiting, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass.

Once again, you DODGE the question. Which is why I said above that you would never survive in a real debate at college or elsewhere. You would get failing grades.

Lincoln may have said the war was to save the Union, but that is NOT what I asked. I asked why the South seceded in the first place - and I mean the very first seceding states, not just the last four.

So, I will ask it again: "Can you point to ANY of the Declarations of Secession of ANY of the Confederate states that is NOT consumed with the issue of slavery?"

Take your time. We'll wait
. Originally Posted by ExNYer

Suffice it to say that Lincoln went to war to preserve the Union, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass, there would have been no war had Lincoln not promulgated it. And here are ordinances from two southern states severing ties with the Union, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass; there's no mention of slavery!

1. Tennessee

DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE AND ORDINANCE dissolving the federal relations between the State of Tennessee and the United States of America.

First. We, the people of the State of Tennessee, waiving any expression of opinion as to the abstract doctrine of secession, but asserting the right, as a free and independent people, to alter, reform, or abolish our form of government in such manner as we think proper, do ordain and declare that all the laws and ordinances by which the State of Tennessee became a member of the Federal Union of the United States of America are hereby abrogated and annulled, and that all the rights, functions, and powers which by any of said laws and ordinances were conveyed to the Government of the United States, and to absolve ourselves from all the obligations, restraints, and duties incurred thereto; and do hereby henceforth become a free, sovereign, and independent State.

Second. We furthermore declare and ordain that article 10, sections 1 and 2, of the constitution of the State of Tennessee, which requires members of the General Assembly and all officers, civil and military, to take an oath to support the Constitution of the United States be, and the same are hereby, abrogated and annulled, and all parts of the constitution of the State of Tennessee making citizenship of the United States a qualification for office and recognizing the Constitution of the United States as the supreme law of this State are in like manner abrogated and annulled.

Third. We furthermore ordain and declare that all rights acquired and vested under the Constitution of the United States, or under any act of Congress passed in pursuance thereof, or under any laws of this State, and not incompatible with this ordinance, shall remain in force and have the same effect as if this ordinance had not been passed.

Sent to referendum 6 May 1861 by the legislature, and approved by the voters by a vote of 104,471 to 47,183 on 8 June 1861.

2. Louisiana

AN ORDINANCE to dissolve the union between the State of Louisiana and other States united with her under the compact entitled "The Constitution of the United States of America."

We, the people of the State of Louisiana, in convention assembled, do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the ordinance passed by us in convention on the 22d day of November, in the year eighteen hundred and eleven, whereby the Constitution of the United States of America and the amendments of the said Constitution were adopted, and all laws and ordinances by which the State of Louisiana became a member of the Federal Union, be, and the same are hereby, repealed and abrogated; and that the union now subsisting between Louisiana and other States under the name of "The United States of America" is hereby dissolved.

We do further declare and ordain, That the State of Louisiana hereby resumes all rights and powers heretofore delegated to the Government of the United States of America; that her citizens are absolved from all allegiance to said Government; and that she is in full possession and exercise of all those rights of sovereignty which appertain to a free and independent State.

We do further declare and ordain, That all rights acquired and vested under the Constitution of the United States, or any act of Congress, or treaty, or under any law of this State, and not incompatible with this ordinance, shall remain in force and have the same effect as if this ordinance had not been passed.

Adopted in convention at Baton Rouge this 26th day of January, 1861. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
A little. But not tired enough to screw up the spellings of "masturbation" and "you". Originally Posted by ExNYer
I hit a couple of wrong keys and didn't look before I hit submit. That is not nearly as bad as all the stupid shit that you spelled right.
Horrible. All the right leaning Confederate sympathizers are standing up for the South.

Great job, assholes.

America is proud of you.
Cite a solitary IBH post in this thread that didn't address at least one of your obsessive and petulant insults, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass! BTW, noticed how you cut and run -- DODGED -- when you choked on the facts, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass. Still waiting, you racist, dumb-fuck Yankee jackass. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Welcome to day 13 of IBIdiot's RACIST OKTOBERFEST MELTDOWN.

Post is evidence of the 19.th century thinking that pervades this board.