NEW Movie Trivia Question

I like Capra. Now, I'm not saying I would include him in my list of Top 10 filmmakers. But, he'd probably make my Top 25.

Anyway, the answer is It Happened One Night, for my money Capra's best. Made in 1934, it starred Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. It also won best screenplay, making it a Big 5 winner.

It's one of my personal favorites. The first "screwball" comedy, it was the inspiration for such films as My Man Godfrey, Bringing Up Baby and The Lady Eve, all great movies.
New quote- "We are the music makers, and We are the dreamers of dreams"

Good Luck.

Peace
PK
I like Capra. Now, I'm not saying I would include him in my list of Top 10 filmmakers. But, he'd probably make my Top 25.

Anyway, the answer is It Happened One Night, for my money Capra's best. Made in 1934, it starred Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. It also won best screenplay, making it a Big 5 winner.

It's one of my personal favorites. The first "screwball" comedy, it was the inspiration for such films as My Man Godfrey, Bringing Up Baby and The Lady Eve, all great movies. Originally Posted by boomer49
Oh, I like Capra, it's Gable I don't think much of. Bringing Up Baby made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it -- a classic.

Hitchcock is being featured on TCM -- I'm not getting much sleep
I was never a big Clark Gable fan, either. IHON is just about the only movie of his that's a personal fave of mine.

As for Hitch, don't get me started. I ordered his "Ultimate Collection" from Amazon yesterday, consisting of 15 great Hitchcock movies on Blu-ray. I already have most of these movies on DVD, just couldn't resist the upgrade to HD. All 15 are great, but I had to order a few stand-alones not included in the set, movies like It Takes a Thief, Strangers On a Train, The 39 Steps and The Lady Vanishes. How movies like this are not included in an "Ultimate" Hitchcock collection is beyond me. But when the dust settles I'll have just about everything Hitch made in HD