1 PM EST: Obama warns Putin, 2 PM EST: Putin invades Crimea

Again, remember the Liberal Mind ...

.... blame it on A Bush. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Written by the same individual who regularly claims to be a Democrat......

......is more closer identified to the Far Right of the Tea Party......

......and will always blame it on A Clinton.
You don't have to - or you can't? Then just STFU since you obviously know diddly squat about when a war is considered "legal" or not. Originally Posted by lustylad
If you are stupid enough to think because you tell me to do something and I would there is bad news coming your way.
How about this

Remember this infamous failure moment for Hillary?

Some people weren't suprised at all.

So...is Hillary to blame or did Barry ignore her?

Maybe Barry doesn't consider this a failure.

How many liberals thought they were getting this?

But got this instead?
Russia is being stupid about this. They are acting as if this is the old USSR. It's not. Ukraine is now a sovereign country and worst Russia has become a capitalist economy. Right now due to their actions their currency is falling and they market is crashing. They could well be kicked out of the G8 economic group they wanted to host. They can forget about that summit. Sure they can take over Crimea but at a terrible cost to their economy
Written by the same individual who regularly claims to be a Democrat......

......is more closer identified to the Far Right of the Tea Party......

......and will always blame it on A Clinton. Originally Posted by bigtex
I don't "claim" to be one .... BTW ... you voting in the local Democratic Primaries?

Or are you engaged in cross voting ....?

Do you feel like you are cross-dressing when you do that?

What did I blame on Clinton?

The only ones blaming Clinton for anything that happened during his administration are the ones who blame Bush for what happened during his!

That would be you, genius. That's your standard .. wear it.
Russia is being stupid about this. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Particularly if they "fall back" under fire or "over state" their position. .
Russia is being stupid about this. They are acting as if this is the old USSR. It's not. Ukraine is now a sovereign country and worst Russia has become a capitalist economy. Right now due to their actions their currency is falling and they market is crashing. They could well be kicked out of the G8 economic group they wanted to host. They can forget about that summit. Sure they can take over Crimea but at a terrible cost to their economy Originally Posted by BigLouie

I don't think Russia is being stupid. Nor do I think they have a "capitalist economy". It's more like a crony kleptocracy. All of the costs you cite are mere pinpricks compared with the possible loss of Crimea for their Black Sea naval fleet. At this point they have pretty well taken over the Crimea. We need to rachet up the costs to deter them from sending troops into eastern Ukraine as well. They have two reasons for their intervention - 1) to protect Russian minorities in Ukraine, and 2) to retain influence (even if it's a bullying influence) over the future government in Kiev. We already saw this movie play out in Georgia in 2008, where they invaded the Russian-speaking enclaves of South Ossetia and Abkhazia and still occupy them today.
Russia is being stupid about this. They are acting as if this is the old USSR. It's not. Ukraine is now a sovereign country and worst Russia has become a capitalist economy. Right now due to their actions their currency is falling and they market is crashing. They could well be kicked out of the G8 economic group they wanted to host. They can forget about that summit. Sure they can take over Crimea but at a terrible cost to their economy Originally Posted by BigLouie
BL - not everyone is all about money, ironic, I know....
They have to have those sea ports, and they have so much less than us that they might choose to die defending it, and they know we don't have the stomach for a real war against a real military.
Ours used to be a great military until the liberals turned it into a social engineering experiment.
BL - not everyone is all about money, ironic, I know....
They have to have those sea ports, and they have so much less than us that they might choose to die defending it, and they know we don't have the stomach for a real war against a real military.
Ours used to be a great military until the liberals turned it into a social engineering experiment. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Of course there are other Black Sea ports. Sochi is on the Black Sea. Too bad the Rooskis didn't spend $50 billion to build a new naval facility there instead of over-spending it on the Winter Olympics.
...and they know we don't have the stomach for a real war against a real military.
Ours used to be a great military until the liberals turned it into a social engineering experiment. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
So you're saying that if those darn old liberals had not tampered with our great military we would be sending our ships, planes and troops over there right now to fight a land battle with Russia on her soil. Is this your point?
Hey, I've got a great idea!

I believe the Prez should one up Putin and authorize an immediate all-out invasion of the Ukraine.

We could use the excuse that we are searching for WMD's.

That excuse worked well in Iraq! Why not expand our horizons to the Ukraine?

Next thing you know, the Prez could be doing a photo op on the deck of the Abraham Lincoln while giving a speech under a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner!

Works for me!!!!!
I believe the Prez should one up Putin and authorize an immediate all-out invasion of the Ukraine.

Hey, I've got a great idea, we could use the excuse that we are searching for WMD's.

That excuse worked well in Iraq! Why not expand our horizons to the Ukraine?

Next thing you know, the Prez could be doing a photo op on the deck of the Abraham Lincoln while giving a speech under a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner!

Works for me!!!!! Originally Posted by bigtex
OK - now that was funny, all out invasion of the Ukraine to show up Putin.
So you're saying that if those darn old liberals had not tampered with our great military we would be sending our ships, planes and troops over there right now to fight a land battle with Russia on her soil. Is this your point? Originally Posted by BigLouie
I didn't see anything like that BL. What I know is that if you going to make threats then you better be able to back them up. Downsizing our military is not the way to do it.

Sometimes it is really hard to tell if EVA is being serious or not. I guess this is what passes for a great idea to him.
You need a huge military for economic sanctions?
Anyone happen to know the size of Russia's military or how many units participated in their recent "war games"?