You guys still say Christians are Peaceful????

• shanm
  • 03-08-2015, 01:36 PM
As for your scriptures, they are written in parable for a reason. What you get out of them changes as your faith grows or weakens. They are designed to guide you to what Jesus was saying as your faith grows, which is why believers are instructed to read and re-read and study the bible. Originally Posted by dirty dog
Its more like how stupid you are defines your definition of the bible. If you are a well reasoned, sensible person, its more likely you'll get out of the bible that you should love your neighbor, love your enemy that kind of stuff. I.e. the pope, whom I love.
If you're stupid, however, you're more likely to want to stone gays and hate muslims instead. Even the good ones are prejudiced against people who have different ideas, simply because their own religion is (I stress this: arbitrarily) different from theirs. You think if you were born in Afghanistan to Muslim Parents you would turn out be a Christian? Bullshit 101

But I kind of look at this whole thing as a gambling expedition. On one hand you can believe and there is a possibility of a jackpot, on the other hand you cannot believe and there is nothing. It does not cost me a thing to believe, the teachings of Christ are a pretty good way to live ones life. If it turns out its a fairytale I gain nothing as my fate will be what it would have always been, if it turns out that there is something out there and I didn't believe then well I gain nothing , but if it turns out there is something out there and I believe well hell I hit the jackpot. Originally Posted by dirty dog
Brilliant! did you think you were the first one to come up with this amazing plan? because most people would rather die of shame than to falsely pretend to be a true believer. This was me, when I was about 15 or 16. I gave it up knowing that I was deceiving myself and if I even had the slightest faith in my heart, I could not possibly believe that I could deceive someone as high and Mighty as god with this charade.

Awesome!!! Arguing about religious tenets and touting what should be positive responses of human nature.on a board set up for getting hookers, and started by a guy with 4800 posts and 77 reviews!?!?!?! I'm gonna go stock up on the popcorn. Originally Posted by Wikdj2
IKR. Read the other threads. You would be surprised.
Stupid, but I digress, he is stupid not because he believes or he doesn't believe, nor have I stated what I believe. He made a stupid incorrect comment and instead of just acknowledging that he then tried to save face and argue out of it. As for your scriptures, they are written in parable for a reason. What you get out of them changes as your faith grows or weakens. They are designed to guide you to what Jesus was saying as your faith grows, which is why believers are instructed to read and re-read and study the bible.

But I kind of look at this whole thing as a gambling expedition. On one hand you can believe and there is a possibility of a jackpot, on the other hand you cannot believe and there is nothing. It does not cost me a thing to believe, the teachings of Christ are a pretty good way to live ones life. If it turns out its a fairytale I gain nothing as my fate will be what it would have always been, if it turns out that there is something out there and I didn't believe then well I gain nothing , but if it turns out there is something out there and I believe well hell I hit the jackpot. In all seriousness though I am a sinner and have done many things in my younger life and occupation that I am sure that I will never enter the pearly gates, I have always been a high stakes gambler. By the way sham, I was not the first name thrower in this discussion. Originally Posted by dirty dog

Ok, I'm gonna lay it out for you ONE time. First, your 'gambling expedition' has a name. It's called Pascal's Wager and it's a well known apologist tool that's been in existence since the 17the century, in case you think you just figured something out. And you do lose if god doesn't exist and you live your life as if he does. You lose the ability to live a life without guilt and sin weighing down on you. You lose the ability to make your own choices in life and not to live based on a fairytale.

The Jewish people are an ethnoreligious group. Since I'm sure you have no idea what that means, I'll tell you. It means they are an ethnic group of people who also share a common religious background. Do you know what the word 'Ethnic' means? Here's the definition; an ethnic group is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience. I can't believe you are ignorant enough to state that Judaism is not a culture. But you are. The earliest christians were in fact Jews. They were called Ebionites. Go look it up. They believed that the Jewish laws should be upheld and they also believed in Christ as the messiah. The Torah, the jewish holy book, refers to the first five books of the bible. The fact that you are arguing this illustrates just how ignorant of any religious history you are. Over the first three or four centuries, Judaism split and some established christianity and some remained jewish. You know, hopefully, that judaism is much older than christianity. One of the oldest monotheistic religions actually. Some of those people who were jewish are the ones that started christianity.

All of the above is utter and complete historical fact and can be found by searching online or in any library. Please don't respond to this because you will only look more stupid than you already do. And that's pretty goddamned stupid.
Ok, I'm gonna lay it out for you ONE time. First, your 'gambling expedition' has a name. It's called Pascal's Wager and it's a well known apologist tool that's been in existence since the 17the century, in case you think you just figured something out. And you do lose if god doesn't exist and you live your life as if he does. You lose the ability to live a life without guilt and sin weighing down on you. You lose the ability to make your own choices in life and not to live based on a fairytale.

The Jewish people are an ethnoreligious group. Since I'm sure you have no idea what that means, I'll tell you. It means they are an ethnic group of people who also share a common religious background. Do you know what the word 'Ethnic' means? Here's the definition; an ethnic group is a socially defined category of people who identify with each other based on common ancestral, social, cultural or national experience. I can't believe you are ignorant enough to state that Judaism is not a culture. But you are. The earliest christians were in fact Jews. They were called Ebionites. Go look it up. They believed that the Jewish laws should be upheld and they also believed in Christ as the messiah. The Torah, the jewish holy book, refers to the first five books of the bible. The fact that you are arguing this illustrates just how ignorant of any religious history you are. Over the first three or four centuries, Judaism split and some established christianity and some remained jewish. You know, hopefully, that judaism is much older than christianity. One of the oldest monotheistic religions actually. Some of those people who were jewish are the ones that started christianity.

All of the above is utter and complete historical fact and can be found by searching online or in any library. Please don't respond to this because you will only look more stupid than you already do. And that's pretty goddamned stupid. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

Sorry I guess I did not make myself clear, I am done with this conversations, no hard feelings on my part. Take care.
I'm sorry. This thread is funny. A bunch of "born again" hobbyists lecturing us on the Bible. Unrepentant sinners defending Christ. Jesus doesn't need your help. He didn't have much time for hypocrites. Sinners who boldly announce their sin really have no credibility. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Have to agree "Cute old guy"! Does anybody else find this kind of unsettling??
Kind of like believing that 99% of anything being discussed in this forum, is being propagated by thoughtful, intelligent , and well informed folks! We're all kind of delusional aren't we?
I don't find this unsettling. I find this par for the course.

Our nation has been turned into a mass of superstitious idiots by evil, control freaks who hold them hostage with a crucifix or a flag or, ahem, a document.
I don't find this unsettling. I find this par for the course.

Our nation has been turned into a mass of superstitious idiots by evil, control freaks who hold them hostage with a crucifix or a flag or, ahem, a document. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
a rather contradictory comment from you Hebrew boy. have you renounced the Star of David? in America .. as defined by "that Document" you refer to .. you can go to your Synagogue, yes?

now ... about that document ...

Shalom!
You think somewhere on a Bible banger board they are discussing who is the greatest expert on hookers, clients, tatoos, and dick sizes?

a rather contradictory comment from you Hebrew boy. have you renounced the Star of David? in America .. as defined by "that Document" you refer to .. you can go to your Synagogue, yes?

now ... about that document ...

Shalom! Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Why would you think I've renounced the Magen David? And why should I require YOUR fucking permission to attend my synagogue? My ancestors came to the country for the right NOT to have to ask permission from ignorant fucks like you.

Just like the Bible, the fucking constitution is used today by assholes like you to justify their hatred, paranoia and xenophobia. To be clear, this "perfect" document doesn't give anybody (that means EVERYBODY) the right to worship they God of their choice in the way they choose until it was amended. Those rights are sacred, but the floating interpretation of the fucking constitution and the intention of the 18th century "framers" is the most shameful propaganda dodge of our generation.

For a change, WaKKKo KKKid, you're talking out of your racist, equivocating asshole. And, as history has shown, it's intentional.

Right, KKK-boy?
  • DSK
  • 03-16-2015, 12:03 PM
I am NOT an atheist. I'm simply anti-religion. Religion is a control mechanism. The Bible, while having a lot of great truth in it, was compiled on behalf of Constantine in order to increase and maintain control over his empire. In fact, the Bible was probably the worst thing to happen to Christianity. There are a lot more writings out there detailing Jesus' life and teachings. There are others with valid points of view. The Bible is not the only book.

Now we have people debating whether Jesus would be a Republican or Democrat. Really? He wouldn't care. He would ignore all that crap and take His message to individuals, regardless of what the government was doing.

My point is, if you say you follow the man, act like it. Don't tell me about how great it is to be "saved" in one breath, and then tell me about the great blow job you just got from a 19 year old hooker in the next. Those people are rightly called "hypocrites". Don't even begin to tell me that you're going to Heaven after doing all that, and I'm not, just because you recited the prayer in the back of a little booklet. You have no credibility on the topic. I think Jesus said something like "you will know my followers by what they do". Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Getting a blow job by a 19 year old hooker is a little slice of heaven!!
My ancestors came to the country for the right NOT to have to ask permission from ignorant fucks like you. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I am soooooo relieved. And all this time I thought your ancestors were slaves, whose family ended up settling in Clarksville. I don't feel nearly as sorry for as I did 10 seconds ago.
Getting a blow job by a 19 year old hooker is a little slice of heaven!! Originally Posted by DSK
Even if she is 20 years old.
Why would you think I've renounced the Magen David? And why should I require YOUR fucking permission to attend my synagogue? My ancestors came to the country for the right NOT to have to ask permission from ignorant fucks like you.

well he who can't spell Pussy correctly responds. as usual you obtuse moron you miss the point. that "Document" gives you the FREEDOM to do that. got it?

Just like the Bible, the fucking constitution is used today by assholes like you to justify their hatred, paranoia and xenophobia. To be clear, this "perfect" document doesn't give anybody (that means EVERYBODY) the right to worship they God of their choice in the way they choose until it was amended. Those rights are sacred, but the floating interpretation of the fucking constitution and the intention of the 18th century "framers" is the most shameful propaganda dodge of our generation.

horsecrap. once again you fall way short on the IQ test.

the First Amendment (note FIRST) as in the FIRST after the Bill of Rights, has been part of the constitution since day one. your reference to the Fourteen Amendment only reenforced the First Amendment by addressing discrimination. so your point her was what?

For a change, WaKKKo KKKid, you're talking out of your racist, equivocating asshole. And, as history has shown, it's intentional.

Right, KKK-boy? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
answer the point of this thread. Do you support the Flag of the United States as the Flag of our nation and as such, should NEVER be barred from being flown ANYWHERE in the United States?

all i ask here pussycheeks, is a simple Yes or No. you can handle that can't you?
  • DSK
  • 03-16-2015, 03:43 PM
answer the point of this thread. Do you support the Flag of the United States as the Flag of our nation and as such, should NEVER be barred from being flown ANYWHERE in the United States?

all i ask here pussycheeks, is a simple Yes or No. you can handle that can't you?
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Nothing is ever as simple as a yes or no anymore.
Nobody born in this country has to worship that flag, or pledge allegiance to it, as far as I'm concerned.
However, when I go to a ballgame and they sing the national anthem, I salute the flag. I don't make anyone else do it because it is a free speech issue.
In fact, I can understand people protesting against it at some point in their lives, and saluting it at another. In this country, you take the good with the bad.
  • DSK
  • 03-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Even if she is 20 years old. Originally Posted by LexusLover
If she is pretty!!

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
The First AFTER the Bill of Rights? The First amendment is PART of the Bill of Rights you ignorant fucktard. Jesus Christ! You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

The constitution didn't even come into being until 1789. We operated under the Articles of Confederation in the meantime. You are seriously a fuckwit.