Favorite wine

My milk of amnesia is scotch, single malt and old. But if I had to chose the wine.

Cabernet-Honig
Chard.-La Crema

Why? They don't dry my palate.
Springbank 21, neat, please.
Have you had the pleasure? At $400+ a bottle it would take a lot of arm twisting for me to try it. Okay, maybe not a lot. But a little for sure.

Springbank 21, neat, please. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Have you had the pleasure? At $400+ a bottle it would take a lot of arm twisting for me to try it. Okay, maybe not a lot. But a little for sure. Originally Posted by Charlie_Harper
Many a time; but when I first was introduced to it it was before it became a cult favorite and a case of 6 was $360
I a total wino and choose a bottle according to my mood and wallet.
Here are some of my favs.
As far as experimenting with unknowns, learn your regions and what you like. As a general rule I figure that with wine or skin care products, if it's made by the French, how bad can it be? I love what they are doing in the Russian River and Wilmette Vally and also in New Zealand.

Queen of the $10-15 bottle:
Red Diamond Cab and Merlot
Clois du Bois Chard/Cab/Merlot
Angeline Pinot Noir

$20-30
Sincerre
Sonoma Cutre Chard
Wyndham Cab
Raymond Hill Cab
Camus Conundrum

$$High end$$
Anyone had the Frank Family Cab or Syrah?
Cakebread Chard
vueve cliquot le grande dame
I remember when Dom P was the high dollar stuff in the strip clubs. Is that still true?
I remember when Dom P was the high dollar stuff in the strip clubs. Is that still true? Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
Like most things in this biz, things vary by locale.

Cristal (along with 'making it rain') grew big as a fav but I think Dom is still the premium leader. The volume (& dollar sales) leader at most clubs, even the better ones, is "whatever they are featuring"
vueve cliquot le grande dame Originally Posted by John Bull
I remember when Dom P was the high dollar stuff in the strip clubs. Is that still true? Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
For a bubbly, Argyle Extended Tirage (Oregon) is far and away better than most vintage Champagne (including Vueve Cliquot and Dom Perignon), and at $60 a bottle (compared to $100-$400 for the French stuff) it's a great value.
For bang for the buck the Roederer Estate NV for about retail of $20 is great. WS gave it a 92.
vueve cliquot le grande dame Originally Posted by John Bull
I've got a bottle of that and a magnum of VC in my fridge John. if you're passing.....
at $60 a bottle (compared to $100-$400 for the French stuff) it's a great value. Originally Posted by Gryphon
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a sparkling wine rather than champagne?
If so, I'm not sure I'd say $60 is value for money..but as I said, I'm not sure if it is sparkling wine or champagne.
I no longer drink white wine, but when I did, Chablis and Sancerre were my top picks.
For reds, nothing like a good bordeaux.

C
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a sparkling wine rather than champagne?

C Originally Posted by Camille
Thank you Ms. Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée
Thank you Ms. Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée Originally Posted by pjorourke
Bend over