Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

For me, I prefer to end the Dune series after the first three books and try to ignore the rest of it (yes, even God-Emperor).

I dabble in various different fields of nerdism. Less in video games these days and probably heaviest in MTG (and still somewhat keep up with what's going on in comics).

Occasionally a supers or Pathfinder RPG group will start up and I'll play that until those things invariably drop off and die out.
I don't know if I fit in with the type of nerdery being discussed.

I am a Brit Lit nerd with a collection of Shakespearean DVD's who idolizes the character of Falstaff (he is so who I plan to be in about 10 years...maybe not a thief though).

I am a Metal Nerd who is enjoying the resurgence of thrash metal bands of the 80's and 90's.

I am a Comedian Nerd who follows Louis CK and Patton Oswalt, and holds George Carlin and Bill Hicks in reverence.

As far as the nerdisms that have already been covered here though -- I am more Star Wars than Star Trek, and I'm more DC than Marvel.
I don't know if I fit in with the type of nerdery being discussed.

I am a Brit Lit nerd with a collection of Shakespearean DVD's who idolizes the character of Falstaff (he is so who I plan to be in about 10 years...maybe not a thief though).

I am a Metal Nerd who is enjoying the resurgence of thrash metal bands of the 80's and 90's.

I am a Comedian Nerd who follows Louis CK and Patton Oswalt, and holds George Carlin and Bill Hicks in reverence.

As far as the nerdisms that have already been covered here though -- I am more Star Wars than Star Trek, and I'm more DC than Marvel. Originally Posted by yardbird74
Come on in, the water's fine!

If you like metal stuff, there's a show called Metalocalypse which is both hilarious and surprisingly metal.

NetFlix has a bunch of George Carlin and Louis CK shows up on the streaming list. I've watched quite a few of the Carlin ones, but still have yet to get around to the Louis CK stuff (which I've heard multiple times now that he's pretty funny). I've also got one of Aisha Tyler's shows on the queue.

I'm more of a DC fan than Marvel as well, although I used to read books from the big two as well as plenty of Indy titles (yes, Vertigo and Wildstorm are technically DC properties, but I still consider them Indy labels, damnit!).
Played alot of D&D and AD&D back in the day. We had a big group 8 players. Made it fun with alot of players. No xbox or playstation back then. It helps having Rush and Mercyful Fate (on vinyl of course) playing in the background!
TJ Hooker or McCloud, in a bicycle race with two flat tires.
  • Trey
  • 04-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Hey I got a Xbox that just got e74 and a ps3 fat with the YLOD. I've had them repaired once before, but before I have to break down and just buy new ones wanted to see if anyone has tried the towel trick or the hair dryer thing let me know how it went. Or any method you may have used to get the last life out of your system.
I am a Comedian Nerd who follows Louis CK and Patton Oswalt, and holds George Carlin and Bill Hicks in reverence. Originally Posted by yardbird74
NetFlix has a bunch of George Carlin and Louis CK shows up on the streaming list. I've watched quite a few of the Carlin ones, but still have yet to get around to the Louis CK stuff (which I've heard multiple times now that he's pretty funny). Originally Posted by jbravo_123
George Carlin was my favorite comedian for years and years until I found out about Louis CK. Definitely check him out.

As far as the nerdisms that have already been covered here though -- I am more Star Wars than Star Trek, and I'm more DC than Marvel. Originally Posted by yardbird74
Star Wars > Star Trek
DC vs Marvel is more difficult, though. Obviously I'm a Batman guy, but Marvel has volume, totally.

"Earth women who experience sexual ecstasy with mechanical assistance always tend to feel guilty!"
George Carlin was my favorite comedian for years and years until I found out about Louis CK. Definitely check him out.

Star Wars > Star Trek
DC vs Marvel is more difficult, though. Obviously I'm a Batman guy, but Marvel has volume, totally. Originally Posted by sexxytexxan
Louis CK is a genius.

Batman and Superman alone for me put DC over Marvel. I will admit, Marvel has the greater range of somewhat interesting characters, but DC has the two coolest.
Oh...

Eastman and Laird...fuck Viacom...
mystery science theatre 3000... What say you?!
The title of this review made me lol:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=725675
Hey I got a Xbox that just got e74 and a ps3 fat with the YLOD. I've had them repaired once before, but before I have to break down and just buy new ones wanted to see if anyone has tried the towel trick or the hair dryer thing let me know how it went. Or any method you may have used to get the last life out of your system. Originally Posted by trey
I had my PS3 die and used the hot air gun trick, I had already baught another but because those ass wipes at sony won't let you transfer your media without the old one running, I needed to get it crippling along for the 3 hour transfer. It did the trick, don't know towel trick. Not sure it is long term solution though.

mystery science theatre 3000... What say you?! Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Loved MST3K, but back before they kicked out Joel, did not care for Mike Nelson mid season 5 on
Futurama and MST3K are/were awesome (but only with Joel).
Did anyone else watch Red Dwarf? I got my favorite getting-around-the-high-school-censors expletive ever from that show. Smeg. If I was feeling particularly aggravated, smegma.
Futurama and MST3K are/were awesome (but only with Joel).
Did anyone else watch Red Dwarf? I got my favorite getting-around-the-high-school-censors expletive ever from that show. Smeg. If I was feeling particularly aggravated, smegma. Originally Posted by theCFE
Sadly, Red Dwarf is one of those classic nerd street cred shows I never got around to watching. I do have it queued up though!