Best thick burgers around ?

• Crock
  • 12-11-2018, 06:56 PM
There used to be a place on Greenville Avenue (South of University) in Dallas, next to Ozona, called Rose's... There was no sign, no parking and the entrance was hard to find (the first time there, I opened a door and walked through the kitchen...

Rose died several years ago and the place closed...

Rose's had some of the best burgers around - straight-up burgers & cheeseburgers on great buns... They were not thick burgers by any means, but they were amazing... She would spread a large, very thin layer of ground beef on the griddle and cook it quickly,,, When it was cooked, she would fold it over several times, create a thicker burger out of the very thin layers...

The end result was great... Originally Posted by Generic White Guy
That sounds quite good. I'm going to try to duplicate this at home.
Kincades will do MR that’s how I get it as well
My favorite right now is Mo's Best Eatery in Arlington. Wingfield's is great too, but what separates Mo's for me is they use grass-fed beef and since the owner is Muslim they do a house made beef bacon that is delicious.

A friend, who is a fan of Liberty Burger, recently went w/ me. He said he puts Mo's right up there, and maybe even above.
I like Joe Willys in rockwall
I work in Rockwall, maybe I can buy you lunch. Have you had Boots Burgers?

I like Joe Willys in rockwall Originally Posted by Tara Evans
I work in Rockwall, maybe I can buy you lunch. Have you had Boots Burgers? Originally Posted by unit12
Ive tried but they are always sold out by the time I get there
Boots burger, or the new wells cattle co both on the rockwall square
Becks Prime in Preston Forest. Delicious and huge.
Shake Shack was really good
Off Site Kitchen in Trinity Groves! Maple and Motor!
Oh, and I just saw that TripAdvisor put out a list of the ten best burgers in America and Grumps in Granbury made the list: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/trip...n-america.html

They do make a tasty burger, that's for sure. Originally Posted by Crock
I just came across this article that says the same thing.

https://www.guidelive.com/food-and-d...-united-states
Check out this 5 lbs burger for $55.

There is so much ground beef, they have to divide it and cook it on 2 separate medium size Pizza pans in the oven.

If you can finish it with fries within a certain time, it's free.

The thing is so big, there is probably 3 tomatoes sliced, a whole onion and a couple of cucumbers (pickles) plus 1/2 lbs of mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise on it.

It's so big he could barely put a dent in it trying to cut it with a butcher knife.

Haven't been to any of these places.

These are the best in Dallas? I doubt it.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/resta...ition-11650123

By the way, has anyone tried one of those new Impossible (fake, no meat) burgers.

They are available at many places, not just at Burger King.