I'm being blackmailed. What should I do?

• Hays
  • 06-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Cease and desist letter through an attorney and ask your attorney to accompany you to prosecutor's office so attorney letter correctly advises that prosecution may result if an affirmative give up is not received. If threat crossed state lines, you can go to FBI.
Cease and desist letter through an attorney and ask your attorney to accompany you to prosecutor's office so attorney letter correctly advises that prosecution may result if an affirmative give up is not received. If threat crossed state lines, you can go to FBI. Originally Posted by Hays
Yes theoretically this is true but as I stated you will need her real identity and or her address. OP never confirmed that he does, in fact, have this information. This is a tricky world. One of her friends can anonymously out him to the wife with just enough info to fry him without the sugar baby being charged or prosecuted.
OP never confirmed or denied using a hobby phone or his real phone. If he used his real phone the wife can "anonymously be tipped off" causing enough doubt for her to demand/inspect phone records. This leads to ATM/bank records (if not now...just wait until the discovery in divorce court).

"If threat crossed state lines, you can go to FBI" - True but the threat would have to be substantial to include the threat of bodily harm before the feds take it seriously and they would need evidence to prove the girl sent the texts. If both parties communicated (text only) via iPhones that's hard to prove even with subpoenaed phone records (many iPhones to iPhone texts do not appear in a carrier's record and Apple will not give them up. However, the tower transmissions will identify the IMEI or serial numbers of each phone in all calls and in some texts depending on how the phone was configured (wifi, iOS version, etc)

If the girl made a substantial threat via burner phone from Dallas to the OP in Dallas she could still be charged with crossing a state line if the data packet was transmitted to an out of state server before the reaching the OP. I can cite the case law if anyone doubts this. But the feds would have to prove she possessed the phone (many of these ass clowns are actually stupid enough to keep their burners without deleting anything)