NBA

Lakers are going to be awfully top heavy next year, with almost no bench. They look like a second round exit to me. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I agree, hopefully the Lakers have a executable plan to take this into account
NBA sucks. They have their draft, what a week after the championship?

Lame.

The NFL paces itself nicely throughout the calendar year, unlike these jokers.
  • BLM69
  • 06-19-2019, 02:22 PM
I agree, hopefully the Lakers have a executable plan to take this into account Originally Posted by Freakaholic
They'll get veteran players for peanuts just to come to L.A. and play for a championship, I wanna see what point guard will end with the Lakers.

New Orleans is looking good for the future, they got that lil LeBron entering the league along with a bunch of young talent.
  • BLM69
  • 07-12-2019, 08:49 PM
It's been a crazy couple of weeks during the free agent period, what's surprised you the most?
The most surprising move would definitely have to be the Thunder trading Paul George to the Clippers. Kawhi going there has been talked about for a while, but NOBODY saw the Paul George trade coming.

Second, and as a direct result of the George trade, would probably be the Westbrook to Houston trade that just went down. No one went into this off season thinking that one, let alone BOTH, of them would be gone from OKC this summer.

Quite possibly the craziest off season ever!
Me thinks I will take my chances next season and bet my money on the Lakers.
Lifetime spurs fan....they wont get an quality players as long as pop is around. like the rockets as well though.
  • BLM69
  • 07-15-2019, 08:35 PM
Anyone have a list of the new starting lineups? Any great bench players that can a difference for their teams?

This year will be the best competitive year in a long time, GS might not make it through the first round if they even make the playoffs now
Some dipshit rookie just got a 5-year, $170M contract.

WTF has this country turned to that we pay this kind of money to kids, to play a fucking game!!

WTF has this country turned to that we pay this kind of money to kids, to play a fucking game!! Originally Posted by Randall Creed
I agree.. we should do a self-examination, but we won't.

to digress slightly, I saw a woman walking into Wal-mart today, she was blocking me as I drove in the parking lot, she was walking right in the middle, seemingly oblivious, like so many people these days who walk and stare at their fucking phone.

I got close to her, her head tilted to the right, like she was shielding the screen from excess light, and.. WTF, she wasn't staring at a phone.. her head was probably tilted from so much phone use, but I got faked out this time, I just KNEW she was under the clutches of a cell phone.

fact (and point) is, I would have guessed right 95% of the time. our Country's people are Slaves to the fucking phones. what has this Country turned to?
  • BLM69
  • 07-16-2019, 12:02 AM

WTF has this country turned to that we pay this kind of money to kids, to play a fucking game!! Originally Posted by Randall Creed
Ben Simmons is a good player who will be a great player as he develops more, Philly had to lock in their best player
she was walking right in the middle, seemingly oblivious, like so many people these days who walk and stare at their fucking phone. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Similar thing happen to me when I was at QFC. I didn't get a cart and couldn't find hand baskets so I was carrying several things in my hands and under my arms including a glass bottle of juice and trying to get to the checkout as quickly as possible. Guy walking down the aisle just strolling in the middle of it, having a phone conversation and totally not paying attention to his surrounding. He was like the drivers on the highways that hold up the left lane and when you try to pass them on the right, they speed up! Same with this guy! When I tried to go around him he gets in front of me so I go around the other way and he moves that way. Don't know if it was intentional or what. I finally yelled at him, get the fuck of the way, get off the phone and pay fucking attention to where you going!
I finally yelled at him, get the fuck of the way, get off the phone and pay fucking attention to where you going! Originally Posted by LuvHerMadlyEverytime
hahahaha!

I gotta admit, though, that guy holding up the left passing lane who speeds up when you try to pass on the right, is me sometimes. but it's only when I am going the speed limit or faster! the guy who is REALLY speeding, now passing on my right, needs a little message that he is really going too fast, and my way of communicating that is to speed up a bit. invariably he speeds up even more, in reaction, and looks like a Kook waiting for DPS to snag him.

Nope. Not possible. Rookies are on a scale contract by draft slot. I’d have to look at the CBA, but I think you’re in my an,evil sign that sort of extension in you third or fourth year in the league.
  • BLM69
  • 07-16-2019, 11:34 AM