Who are your "ledgends"...

"Legends"? Very difficult to tell, but the nature of P4P and the constant flux of the community suggests there will be very few, at least in a normal definition of the term. "Legend" suggests one of whom most members of the community would know, even long after they are no longer on the scene; someone about whom we tell stories and whose fame will endure. It's a much higher standard than "favorite" or "ATF" and suggests a wide-spread view of the person as a legend, rather than a personal preference. If you're a baseball fan, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, and Babe Ruth are legends -- most of us know who they are, even if we never saw them play. Alex Rodriguez? Few people will remember or talk of his exploits 25 years from now.

The pseudonymity and transience of P4P, with lots of people entering and leaving the community each year and focusing on now rather than focusing on the past, suggests that few will be remembered 10 years after they leave. Ten years ago, the stars of the Dallas independent scene might have included people like Ashley Ash, Savannah (those chaps!), Tabitha Toy, Hooter, Rebecca, Violet Star, Cayce, etc. Just about everybody knew of them, even if they had never met them. One might think they were prime candidates to be legends. Some of us still have very strong memories of them and may have for a very long time. But P4P doesn't have the historical emphasis that baseball does. They were stars, but other than a few old-timers most of ECCIE Dallas has not heard of them. Are they legends?

Many of the names listed by others in this thread may turn out to be legends. But 10 years from now, their memories and stories may have faded as much as the list in the last paragraph. It's hard to predict, and we tend to over-estimate the "legend" potential.
Chevalier gives sage advice as usual. I have been thinking on this thread for some time and I decided to restrict my comments to providers I actually know.

In the retied category :

Forth Worth Cindy and Zen Dragon leap to mind, perhaps because they were so similar. The fact that they are still mentioned here years later speaks to Chevalier's point about legends.

TNTAngie, just the physicality of the woman of the woman was legendary, She claimed to be 6'2" but in heels I barely came to her chin and I am 5'10". Her quick and stinging wit was legendary on ASPD.

Those still on active duty:

Fawn, she has clearly become the Queen Bee and Grand GMILF on this board. I have known her for about 6 years and she becomes more beautiful each year, not eye of the beholder, I think the photographic evidence support my brief. She is also a tiger BCD and the best friend you could have.

TheOriginalDannie, still the hottest girl in the room, smart and quick and a great gal.

RedHeadedJulie, always the value proposition on this board, level headed and sweet. I think when you see RHJ and know it is her, that approaches legendary status.

Jade Nicole and Cassandra, never been BCD with Cassy but many times with Jade Nicole and she if a big part of my ATF rotation but I think in years to come people will still talk about their doubles sessions.

Lindsey Lacy, I was at a "hobby" friendly party of about 12 people and everyone of them had heard of the red room. Gentlemen of the fleet, that just might be the definition of legend.
Ze!!!! The original Dannie!! Cassandra l'amore and jade Nicole are my picks Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Awwwww thank you . I think you are just biased! Haha!

TheOriginalDannie, still the hottest girl in the room, smart and quick and a great gal. Originally Posted by LuckJack

Thank you both!

I agree with Chevalier, (write down the date!! It's a miracle! Heh) and I think the ladies he mentioned, are the true legends. Everyone else being named here are just ATF's and will fade to black before he and the "Old Guard" know it. Just like ten years from now, no one will have a clue or care who Chevalier was, or what "Old Guard" means.

Poor fellers. Nothing but memories and stories to tell. It's gotta be rough.

Sincere thank you to all the "Old Guard" who have continued to frequent me on a very regular basis since 2006, and I don't even have anything "special" about me .

I just fuck .

Never a 'Legend', just damn good at what I do,
~Dannie
I think the ladies he mentioned, are the true legends. Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
Yet most people here wouldn't recognize the names today. I was not trying to assert that they were "legends"; I remember them all vividly, but that doesn't suffice, at least under my definition. In a transient society like this, with lots of turnover, almost no one remains in the public memory (most of the community) ten years after they've left the scene.

Just like ten years from now, no one will have a clue or care who Chevalier was, or what "Old Guard" means.

Poor fellers. Nothing but memories and stories to tell. It's gotta be rough.
Not ten years from now; it happened long ago. A few old-timers might recognize the name, but the vast majority of today's members don't. Why would they? But it isn't "rough"; why would I care about being remembered, other than by a small number of folks I know well???
My observation is that some folks are so self absorbed they create blogs and manifestoes lecturing in hopes of maintaining relevance.

Attached Images File Type: jpg jack.JPG (43.3 KB, 678 views)
Jadenicole
Sexy Heather
Truly Passion
SweetAfterPie, her handle has been Dannie since titty bar days, I did christen her THE DANNIE which stuck for about 6 years alas until the influx of backpage Dani, Dannie etc necessitated the current handle. As for me I was to be Lucky Jack Aubery (Master & Commander) Dannie shortened it to LuckJack because it rhymed with .,,you know.

Dannie, you can not declare yourself "not a legend" it's sort of the reverse of what Margret Thatcher said when asked what it was like to be called Lady Thatcher "if you have to tell someone you are a lady you probably are not", yes you have reached legendary status , Look you survived the East Texas Captivity!
  • fawn
  • 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Chevalier gives sage advice as usual. I have been thinking on this thread for some time and I decided to restrict my comments to providers I actually know.

In the retied category :

Forth Worth Cindy and Zen Dragon leap to mind, perhaps because they were so similar. The fact that they are still mentioned here years later speaks to Chevalier's point about legends.

TNTAngie, just the physicality of the woman of the woman was legendary, She claimed to be 6'2" but in heels I barely came to her chin and I am 5'10". Her quick and stinging wit was legendary on ASPD.

Those still on active duty:

Fawn, she has clearly become the Queen Bee and Grand GMILF on this board. I have known her for about 6 years and she becomes more beautiful each year, not eye of the beholder, I think the photographic evidence support my brief. She is also a tiger BCD and the best friend you could have.

TheOriginalDannie, still the hottest girl in the room, smart and quick and a great gal.

RedHeadedJulie, always the value proposition on this board, level headed and sweet. I think when you see RHJ and know it is her, that approaches legendary status.

Jade Nicole and Cassandra, never been BCD with Cassy but many times with Jade Nicole and she if a big part of my ATF rotation but I think in years to come people will still talk about their doubles sessions.

Lindsey Lacy, I was at a "hobby" friendly party of about 12 people and everyone of them had heard of the red room. Gentlemen of the fleet, that just might be the definition of legend. Originally Posted by LuckJack

Jack, I am very honored you think so highly of me as a provider and friend, and trust me the feeling is mutual!
I would have to say Lindsey Lee she is well respected drama-free has a great head on her shoulders anyone that has ever heard of her should look her up i love her to death just an all around great provider always!! She is a true "Legend' period! Originally Posted by Brandee69
THE Legendary Lindsay Lee. I have been seeing her for a long time and she is always a treat..

Dannie, you can not declare yourself "not a legend" it's sort of the reverse of what Margret Thatcher said when asked what it was like to be called Lady Thatcher "if you have to tell someone you are a lady you probably are not", yes you have reached legendary status , Look you survived the East Texas Captivity! Originally Posted by LuckJack
I had selectively forgotten my 2+ yrs of East Texas captivity.
Well, when you put it like that...

Thank you!
I remember the bodies, and always will.. but forgot most if my legends.
The Legendary Lindsay Lee.
june from Houston--now retired
+1 on June, a double with June and Ginger Taylor was life threatening!
My 1.3" of dangling death is legendary, damnit.