Trump’s hijacking of the Fourth of July just got a lot uglier

Had to watch it...most of my family watches Fox.....It was not bad. Didn't see any brand new Sherman tanks. Seems like someone could squeegee the plexiglass barrier before speech. At least Trump didn't mention how many electoral votes he had over Clinton. Don't see how the whole shebang cost over 2 million. No space force. The whole thing seemed like an infomercial to join the military and you can fly some cool aircraft with flashing lights.Hopefully Eric, Don Jr and Ivanka bought the message. Also seemed weird that the Marines were mention second to last. A dig at Mueller?
Just don't try to sniff my butt as you follow me around. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
You are weird and like I said.....I am not easily insulted. However, I will pass the message on to my service dog.
Had to watch it...most of my family watches Fox.....It was not bad. Didn't see any brand new Sherman tanks. Seems like someone could squeegee the plexiglass barrier before speech. At least Trump didn't mention how many electoral votes he had over Clinton. Don't see how the whole shebang cost over 2 million. No space force. Originally Posted by matchingmole
I did not watch it but I understand 45 stuck to the script and had a good turn out even with the poor weather. I must say I was both surprised and impressed by news reports. I can see how event security, security for the President as well as general area security will cost well over 2 million. Glad it turned out to be a happy 4th of July patriotic event rather than a political mudslinging event.
My Fox following family members were happy with it. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't suck. Many of the crowd looked plain bored and were on their phones...but applauded after about every three sentences. Won't watch next year unless the Space Force is added
how do you include a space force in a parade?

heck, the whole thing is embryonic...
I watched, kind of boring. Trump doesn't come off well when reading from a prompter. sounded like he was teaching history to 8th-graders, but nothing particularly negative, except that it was a true waste of money.
I watched a baseball game then went out to watch fireworks. Watched the John Stamos celebration on PBS when I got home. Prefer music of any kind over political rhetoric, whether it be Republican or Democratic.
how do you include a space force in a parade?

heck, the whole thing is embryonic... Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Then that must mean it’s alive...
Watched the John Stamos celebration on PBS when I got home. Prefer music of any kind over political rhetoric, whether it be Republican or Democratic. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yes.... it doesn't feel like the 4th without a little John Philip Sousa!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7XWhyvIpE
  • oeb11
  • 07-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Thank You - LL
+1
people need to get over themselves ,,,,,,, good show .
Had to watch it...most of my family watches Fox.....It was not bad. Didn't see any brand new Sherman tanks. Seems like someone could squeegee the plexiglass barrier before speech. At least Trump didn't mention how many electoral votes he had over Clinton. Don't see how the whole shebang cost over 2 million. No space force. The whole thing seemed like an infomercial to join the military and you can fly some cool aircraft with flashing lights.Hopefully Eric, Don Jr and Ivanka bought the message. Also seemed weird that the Marines were mention second to last. A dig at Mueller? Originally Posted by matchingmole

Can't get off that innocent flub about Shermans. As is being talked about today, it was a commercial for recruitment. Just when the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds showed up at an air show. Young people only see make believe soldiers in movies. They need to see the real thing and understand how they came to be. I recall the Gulf War when John Roberts was embedded with the troops. The NYC anchor told him to keep his head down and listen to what the "old man" tells him. Roberts said the "old man" was 26 years old. That's what the military can do with most people.
D-Day (Bruce McGill): War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter (Tim Matheson): [whispering] Germans?
Boon (Peter Riegert): Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out, alone; then returns] What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer -
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!!
I have no idea what Animal House has to do with the OP.
The 4th of July for 2019 is now history. 45's public conduct for once was not an embarrassment, the celebration was patriotic rather than political, and a good time was had by all. Now might be a good time to close this thread on a rare positive note. I'm just saying.