Rates? WTF?

Heh
Has anyone noticed how many cranes are in downtown Houston... Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Those projects were funded and started long before the drop.
Are you really that ........never mind I know the answer
I bet the houston rodeo wont suffer that removes all theories... Also if it is that bad why is exxon hiring thousands dor that new construction? According to your reviews you see alot of providers maybe you have a personal problem. Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
Ummmm mm the Exxon project was put into motion how many years ago?
Ummmm mm the Exxon project was put into motion how many years ago? Originally Posted by rduke4923
Pfft you seem to know the answer
Incorrect... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Oh?

So, estimates show 30,000 high paying jobs lost in Houston in 2015 in the energy sector resulting in Houston adding a net 4000 jobs overall for the year. Wage growth was inverted; the added jobs were at lower wages and existing wages were stagnant. By comparison, Houston added 100,000 jobs in 2014 when the O&G sector was strong. In 2014, there was concern that rapid wage growth locally was going to drive a housing boom. The facts go on and on. Fortunately, you are correct that Houston is far more diverse than in the 80's when an energy sector downturn was devastating, but to say Houston doesn't even sneeze when one of its largest sectors suffers is ignorant.

The other mitigating factor that is helping, a lot, is that the energy sector is not entirely depressed. Those in the downstream side are enjoying a boom of construction for several reasons.
When the O&G business catches a cold...all of Houston sneezes. Originally Posted by tracer
Once again...incorrect...
Ummmm mm the Exxon project was put into motion how many years ago? Originally Posted by rduke4923
It's our fault. We forgot to take into account whether they cancel the rodeo and how many low priced blow jobs Dorthy gives in assessing the state of the economy.

Or did we just forget not to debate such things with people whose understanding is that naive and simplistic?

It's one of those things......
Once again...incorrect... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Ahh, you're so cute when you think you're clever.
Not my fault you speak in faulty sweeping generalities to try and make your point...
Not my fault you speak in faulty sweeping generalities to try and make your point... Originally Posted by Wakeup
I was errant in assuming your ability to understand that saying all of Houston doesn't mean everyone in Houston. You see, in circles of people who understand such things, that wording would imply the totality of the economy being discussed without implying that it is true for each individual. It was imprecise wording. The mistake, certainly mine to own, was thinking I could contribute to a discussion rather than an argument. Rookie mistake, I know.
Lesson learned for you then...carry on...
It's our fault. We forgot to take into account whether they cancel the rodeo and how many low priced blow jobs Dorthy gives in assessing the state of the economy.

Or did we just forget not to debate such things with people whose understanding is that naive and simplistic?

It's one of those things...... Originally Posted by tracer
Sorry the hdh wont give you a discount....
Sorry the hdh wont give you a discount.... Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
Ohhh, come on sweetie....you can do better than that. You're disappointing your fans.
Ohhh, come on sweetie....you can do better than that. You're disappointing your fans. Originally Posted by tracer
Your not a fan so im not worried about your opinion
I saw the west coast downturn a few years back. It was just like what is happening in Houston now. Smart ladies took a last grab at all they could get, then the well went dry.

It was bad people, real bad. Even when prices dropped, there where no customers. Then there where less and less ads.

If you have seen a downturn or two, you know the signs.

Ladies, get what you can now.

Dudes, find a job, any job and keep the house. If you have a job, keep your eyes open outside the area. See if those opportunities fit your lifestyle and consider the move.

A storm is coming, I have seen it before. I am sure many on this board have seen it too and know it's coming.