All things abortion

You can answer the question, or stop replying.
You can answer the question, or stop replying. Originally Posted by VitaMan
My stance on Abortion was never influenced by the Government. If my stance mirrors the Government's then so be it. Now am I going to vote for the Candidate who has the same stance on Abortion as I do? Not necessarily because there are other issues that are far more important for the success of this country.
After reading most of Levianon's posts and the responses to them by many others, I believe Levi has lost his right to call anyone a dumbshit! Ten out of ten women agreed with me!!
After reading most of Levianon's posts and the responses to them by many others, I believe Levi has lost his right to call anyone a dumbshit! Ten out of ten women agreed with me!! Originally Posted by EdBeaver
After reading this post I've earned more than that right.
Of Guideline # 4 . . .
#4 - Blatant insults or hostility toward another member will be met with staff intervention. This applies to using our coed forums for name calling, personal attacks, or vulgar slang terms to describe fellow members. If you have legitimate concerns about another member here, share them tactfully in the appropriate private forums or with staff.
My stance on Abortion was never influenced by the Government. If my stance mirrors the Government's then so be it. Now am I going to vote for the Candidate who has the same stance on Abortion as I do? Not necessarily because there are other issues that are far more important for the success of this country. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Then why are you arguing so vehemently (and hypocritically) against it?

For one who hates government mandates of any kind - according to your posts — you sure seem to be on board with this one.

For one who hates government mandates of any kind - according to your posts — you sure seem to be on board with this one. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I am not viewing Abortion as a political issue. That's what you're doing.
Then you need to widen your view, because the anti abortion laws ARE a political issue.

Anti abortion laws take away a freedom. You can have your stance. Other people have different ideas.

Leave them alone.

For one who hates government mandates of any kind - according to your posts — you sure seem to be on board with this one. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Reply:

I am not viewing Abortion as a political issue. That's what you're doing. Originally Posted by Levianon17
We get it. You view abortion as manifestly immoral, and indeed a repugnant act -- perhaps even tantamount to murder. To be sure, a significant minority of Americans agree with you.

But a far greater number oppose the view that a heavy-handed government should hold dominion over women's uteruses. (Consider the referendum in Kansas, a very red state, for instance. It wasn't remotely close.)

Republicans will pay a heavy price at the polls this year, as millions of angry women would walk barefoot over broken glass to vote against candidates who support this form of zealotry.
Then you need to widen your view, because the anti abortion laws ARE a political issue.

Anti abortion laws take away a freedom. You can have your stance. Other people have different ideas.

Leave them alone. Originally Posted by VitaMan
So what are you saying, I am not allowed to interject my views because they don't coincide with others on this subject?
You can have your opinion
Reply:

We get it. You view abortion as manifestly immoral, and indeed a repugnant act -- perhaps even tantamount to murder. To be sure, a significant minority of Americans agree with you.

But a far greater number oppose the view that a heavy-handed government should hold dominion over women's uteruses. (Consider the referendum in Kansas, a very red state, for instance. It wasn't remotely close.)

Republicans will pay a heavy price at the polls this year, as millions of angry women would walk barefoot over broken glass to vote against candidates who support this form of zealotry. Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian
Spot on.
Very accurate
So what are you saying, I am not allowed to interject my views because they don't coincide with others on this subject? Originally Posted by Levianon17

Interject away. We all need something to roll our eyes and laugh at.
Religion and politics do not go well together.

Remember the Spanish inquisition, the crusades, and many, many other brutal acts that were done in the name of following your religious beliefs.....and your need to force those beliefs on others.

Leave women alone to make their own decision about abortion.
Religion and politics do not go well together.

Remember the Spanish inquisition, the crusades, and many, many other brutal acts that were done in the name of following your religious beliefs.....and your need to force those beliefs on others.

Leave women alone to make their own decision about abortion. Originally Posted by VitaMan
You're not getting it. Women can make their own decisions. I don't have to entertain those decisions. You keep saying I am forcing my beliefs on others, I am not. You just don't agree with them and that's perfectly fine with me.