Packin' heat

I'm talking about actually carrying a gun on my body in other places besides my home or my car. Originally Posted by tikkler33
Texas Government Code
“Sec. 411.203. RIGHTS OF EMPLOYERS. This subchapter does not prevent or otherwise limit the right of a public or private employer to prohibit persons who are licensed under this subchapter from carrying a concealed handgun on the premises of the business.”

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/txchlaws.htm

Q: Where can I not take my handgun?
A: Handguns and other weapons can not be carried at schools or on school buses, at polling places, in courts and court offices, at racetracks and at secured airport areas. The law also specifically prohibits handguns from businesses where alcohol is sold if more than half of their revenue is from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption, and from locations where high school, college or professional sporting events are taking place. You may not carry handguns in hospitals or nursing homes, amusement parks, places of worship or at government meetings if signs are posted prohibiting them. Businesses also may post signs prohibiting handguns on their premises based on criminal trespass laws.
Q: Can I carry a handgun when I am drinking?
A: Under the concealed handgun law, it is illegal to carry a handgun if you are intoxicated. The best idea is to leave your weapon at home if you intend to consume any alcoholic beverages.
Q: Do private property owners have the right to exclude license holders from their property?
A: Yes. Private property owners may give notice excluding license holders from carrying concealed handguns. If you carry a concealed handgun on posted property, you can be charged with criminal trespass by a license holder. The charge is a Class A misdemeanor, and if you are convicted, your license will be revoked.
Q: If I don't want guns in my business, what type of signs should I post?
A: If you want to prohibit license holders from carrying concealed handguns on your property, state law requires you to post a sign that says: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun." The sign must be written in both English and Spanish in contrasting block letters at least one inch in height, and must be displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
“Sec. 30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
(1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
(2) received notice that:
(A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden; or
(B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
(b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
(c) In this section:
(1) "Entry" has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).
(2) "License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f).
(3) "Written communication" means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
(B) a sign posted on the property that:
(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.”

________________ End of quoted material______________________ ___

Now, where do you want to go?

Remember this thread is about .....

.........bringing a handgun to a session..... where is the session?

Tikkler, I am not arguing ... I am simply showing that there are some issues legal and otherwise that arise with respect to a decision to carry a handgun or any weapon for that matter that are often ignored or unknown to the average person and may or may not even been sufficiently addressed in the "book" part of the CHL instruction curriculum.

And it clearly is not about any personal "agenda" of mine, I have none. None. But there is a lot of bullshit flying around that IMO is enhanced with excessive amounts of testosterone or hormone increases for the ladies in a "fraternity" and "locker room" atmosphere of this Board.

You may have excellent training and skills for the "unexpectred" task that confronts you with 2 or 3 seconds to respond. And so do others posting on here, I hope. But the average joe with a CHL does not UNLESS they got the training outside of the CHL program....which is punching paper!

Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is not.
Babydoll,

The pic in the upper right corners looks like the old "Bowie Knife Butt Plug" they used to sell at Stuckey's when I was a kid. I always wanted one of those!
LMAO, i have a customer that imports them,i can get more... so if you want it CUM get it!!!
LL, I admit that you have a talent for copying and pasting legal references. You carry or not where and when you want, I'll carry all the time wherever it is legal. Freedom is a wonderful thing.
[quote=tikkler33;650796] LL, I admit that you have a talent for copying and pasting legal references. quote]

I also have a "talent" for comprehending them .... and applying them.

and I am the last person to suggest whether YOU should or not .....

.... but someone asked an opinion and I have given mine .... if one does not want to hear an opinion different from there own ... then they should not ask for opinions.

Although I do recognize that some folks do not ask for opinions to learn something, they ask for other reasons, e.g. seeking confirmation or approval of their beliefs, or simply to provide a forum in which they can "strut their stuff."

Over the years of reading postings on boards I see that people make statements about the law that is incorrect, at least for the locality in which the activity is to take place, and there are actually people who believe that just because someone posts a lot of reviews about fucking and sucking that they know about "the law."

Your post is a prime example:

"Because if I have a CHL, then there is an assumption that I am carrying legally. Other charges may be considered, but at least I am not automatically breaking the law. If I carry without a CHL, I am automatically in violation of the law."

Not to be critical of you, at all, perhaps that is what you were taught. And I "cut and paste" so one can see the actuall words written ... and not rely on my opinion that might be severely discounted because I do not post reviews!
LL, next time I need someone who plays a lawyer on TV, I'll be sure to give you a call. Thanks for the advice, don't bother sending a bill.
and not rely on my opinion that might be severely discounted because I do not post reviews! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Don't worry, I don't discount your opinion because you have no reviews, I discount your opinion because in my opinion it's stupid, cut and paste not withstanding of course...

Lesson: Stop trying to convince someone you're right when they no longer care if you're right...you and Tikkler would have gotten along much better that way...
... Stop trying to convince someone you're right when they no longer care if you're right...you and Tikkler would have gotten along much better that way... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Trust me, I am not trying to convince Tikkler, he is going to carry a deadly weapon wherever he wants to without letting any of those pesky laws to get in the way .... and he has company. If "money" were to be made in this discussion I would be doing some attorney a favor by encouraging him to ignore some of the issues raised in this thread, some mine, some others, and let him ...

... be tried by 12!

Even if he "wins" ... he'll make some attorney $10,000 to $15,000.

And if he is married, his wife will get what's left over after the trial, which will cost him more money to lawyerS.
Trust me, I am not trying to convince Tikkler, he is going to carry a deadly weapon wherever he wants to without letting any of those pesky laws to get in the way .... and he has company. If "money" were to be made in this discussion I would be doing some attorney a favor by encouraging him to ignore some of the issues raised in this thread, some mine, some others, and let him ...

... be tried by 12!

Even if he "wins" ... he'll make some attorney $10,000 to $15,000.

And if he is married, his wife will get what's left over after the trial, which will cost him more money to lawyerS. Originally Posted by LexusLover
At least I will be alive. And not trying to shove my anti gun rhetoric down other people's throats. That puts me two points ahead of you.
I'm convinced that some people go way too far trying to make their point.

And not trying to shove my anti gun rhetoric down other people's throats. That puts me two points ahead of you. Originally Posted by tikkler33
Find me one line on here, or any where else, in which I say I am ....

... "anti-gun" .....

...with your "cowboy" attitude I have every reason to believe that I was handling, cleaning, respecting, and shooting "guns" before you were born.

You are like other posters who take a snippit out of a dialogue (or worse yet, take a snippit out of someone else's dialogue about that poster) and attempt to marginalize or demonize another poster by hanging a "label" on them based on what you think, rather than what they say.

If it were not sad, it would be humorous, at all the excuses and reasons given why someone resists the idea of additional training to improve their skills to meet a circumstance that they themselves recognize is a possibility, if not a probability, or....

.... an even a more novel approach: Not take a weapon into a situation that the person is not trained to encounter.

I mean, how ..... idiotic .... of me ... to suggest that someone increase their skills to defend themselves before injecting themselves into potentially violent situations.

The "final" response is: I am "anti-gun"?

As for "being alive" ... I am!

And it may come as a surprise to you, but I want you to be as well ... with no impairments.
Anyone who has read this thread knows how I feel about this issue, therefore I will do my best to refrain from any more comments here.
Why do I feel like yelling "YAWN" or "SHUT THE F%^K up"?

abdclub