Why don't conservatives believe in equal pay for women?

Attention, it's now 2015 and the White House still pays women 13% less than men for the same position. That could be fixed with a simple order. So why isn't it?

If you want to be so incredibly stupid as to bring up things from a hundred years ago...there were company stores that charged such high prices that a family pretty much became slaves to the company.
The work week might be 60 hours long and no overtime.
There was rampant child labor for doing the same jobs as men but for less pay.
There was no workmen's comp.
There were no healthcare benefits.
All of this didn't matter one bit if you were a man, woman, or child. Like I said, it is now 2015. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Obama can certainly do more and I certainly will call out hypocrisy even if it comes from his administration (the big difference between you and me) but let's not skew
the facts. Fact is according to the WH the difference in pay is based on roles. So obviously it's about getting more women in higher paying roles. Which they are doing.

"At the White House, we have equal pay for equal work," said White House spokeswoman Jessica Santillo told the Post. "Men and women in equivalent roles earn equivalent salaries, and over half of our departments are run by women."

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest argued that the White House has a "significantly better" record than the private sector, using as an example the fact that senior advisers Dan Pfeiffer and Valerie Jarrett make the same amount. Still, he said, there's more that can be done.

"The White House is doing appreciably better than the country is doing more broadly, but we have a lot more work to do," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-ho...omen-persists/

The rest of your rant I guess some counter argument to all that unions and dems have done to provide worker rights and benefits is rambling, incoherent, and make no sense. Try again.
Does it hurt when Josh Earnest sticks his arm up your ass and wiggles your fingers on the keypad for you?

You can't seriously believe what you just said....so I'm gonna give you a chance to come back to reality.
Does it hurt when Josh Earnest sticks his arm up your ass and wiggles your fingers on the keypad for you?

You can't seriously believe what you just said....so I'm gonna give you a chance to come back to reality. Originally Posted by thathottnurse

You can't seriously believe what you just said....so I'm gonna give you a chance to come back to reality. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Lol. Give me a chance? Lol you're real funny lol. All I'm interested in hearing out of your mouth is why equal pay for equal work makes no sense. If you can't provide the answe r keep qiuet.

Please
I already gave my answers back on the first two pages. Read it.
I already gave my answers back on the first two pages. Read it. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
On second thought Negative no need for me to read any viewpoint that will espouse such twisted reasoning. I seriously doubt it's enlightening in any capacity.
I already gave my answers back on the first two pages. Read it. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Actually i did read it. I dont want to be disrespectful and sound arrogant so no comment.

God Bless you
Suit yourself. You asked.
Obama can certainly do more and I certainly will call out hypocrisy even if it comes from his administration (the big difference between you and me) but let's not skew
the facts. Fact is according to the WH the difference in pay is based on roles. So obviously it's about getting more women in higher paying roles. Which they are doing.

"At the White House, we have equal pay for equal work," said White House spokeswoman Jessica Santillo told the Post. "Men and women in equivalent roles earn equivalent salaries, and over half of our departments are run by women."

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest argued that the White House has a "significantly better" record than the private sector, using as an example the fact that senior advisers Dan Pfeiffer and Valerie Jarrett make the same amount. Still, he said, there's more that can be done.

"The White House is doing appreciably better than the country is doing more broadly, but we have a lot more work to do," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-ho...omen-persists/

The rest of your rant I guess some counter argument to all that unions and dems have done to provide worker rights and benefits is rambling, incoherent, and make no sense. Try again. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

So you're lying. You won't call out the White House even after I pointed their failure.
Why don't YOU call 'Em, JDIdiot? I'm sure YOU have the balls to put your mouth where their money is!
Actually i did read it. I dont want to be disrespectful and sound arrogant so no comment. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Oops. Too late for that.
  • WTF
  • 01-26-2015, 07:25 AM
I find it strange that I'm the only conservative woman who posted here to answer his question and the OP hasn't responded yet. Lol Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Unequal response towards women! LOL

If WE and other feminist would actually read the facts on pay, they'd see that it is no where near 23 cents on the dollar.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christ...b_2073804.html

How many times have you heard that, for the same work, women receive 77 cents for every dollar a man earns? This alleged unfairness is the basis for the annual Equal Pay Day observed each year about mid-April to symbolize how far into the current year women have to work to catch up with men's earnings from the previous year. If the AAUW is right, Equal Pay Day will now have to be moved to early January.
The AAUW has now joined ranks with serious economists who find that when you control for relevant differences between men and women (occupations, college majors, length of time in workplace) the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing. The 23-cent gap is simply the average difference between the earnings of men and women employed "full time." What is important is the "adjusted" wage gap-the figure that controls for all the relevant variables. That is what the new AAUW study explores.
The AAUW researchers looked at male and female college graduates one year after graduation. After controlling for several relevant factors (though some were left out, as we shall see), they found that the wage gap narrowed to only 6.6 cents. How much of that is attributable to discrimination? As AAUW spokesperson Lisa Maatz candidly said in an NPR interview, "We are still trying to figure that out."
Unequal response towards women! Originally Posted by WTF
Shame on them. Where is the government when I need them?!?!?!

I'm going to have to demand a comparable number of responses against the male posters on this thread. Jackie S, JD and IB got many responses from the OP and Zanzibar. That's not fair! I contributed just as much if not more. My posts made more sense and were more civil than theirs. Ask anyone. It's very clear to see! This is a huge slap in the face to women everywhere. I asked 9 school teachers if they agreed with me and all of them did. All of them. Are you trying to shove me back in the bedroom OP? Is this 1976??? I wasn't even born yet. Is my opinion not as important as a man's just because I have tits???

I'm so offended. What goddamn senator do I write for some fucking justice around here?!?!

[/sarcasm]
  • WTF
  • 01-26-2015, 08:16 AM

I'm so offended. What goddamn senator do I write for some fucking justice around here?!?!

[/sarcasm] Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Write Senator WTF....he will try and screw that missing attention back in ya!
I was born at night.....but not last night.