NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

On the road in NO is always a really hard win. I think the Texans can win but I don't think they will win. I feel match better about this team and think the Texans will be hosting a home playoff game.
on another note Orlando Brown died today
Just heard about it, that sucks.

Just checked some of the books, looks like Vegas is buying into the Texans as well, only 4 other teams have lower odds at the moment to win the Super Bowl (Pats, Packs, Eagles, Jets)
Just heard about it, that sucks.

Just checked some of the books, looks like Vegas is buying into the Texans as well, only 4 other teams have lower odds at the moment to win the Super Bowl (Pats, Packs, Eagles, Jets) Originally Posted by Don91

The Texans were 25 to 1.
I got them when they were 20 to 1

Now they are 10 to 1

And they are favored to win the division at 8 to 1.
  • Satin
  • 09-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Well the Texans went down for the first time today, but it was a high scoring very entertaining game. I knew when they kept getting down in the Red Zone coming up with only field goals it wasn't gonna end good....

On a positive note, James Casey is balling. No way he's gonna lose that FB spot. Vonte who?

Once again, Mario was virtually a no-show and Kareem Jackson gets burnt multiple times....

Bring on Shittsburgh.....
Not the worst outcome in the world for the Texans, almost got one in the SuperDome.

Kareem Jackson can't start anymore. If Foster can't get healthy, I'm not sure this team is a contender. Offensive Play calling in the redzone is not very good. Steve Slaton should not be getting any more carries.

Schaub needs to have a big game against Pit next week.
  • Trey
  • 09-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Slaton has blown for a long time. I don't know why he has a job. He should have lost job last year. I still have hope though for the team.
  • Satin
  • 09-26-2011, 01:08 PM
The Texans are fine fellas....back off the cliff, it's all good....
The Texans are fine fellas....back off the cliff, it's all good.... Originally Posted by Satin

What he said...... I think Foster being out was a BIG deal for this game..... Remember them 2 years ago before him, they were AWEFUL in the RedZone... .then last year, they had one of the best TD percentages in the NFL (Behind the Colts and New England naturally)..... While Tate is a very serviceable backup.... having a guy with a nose for the endzone from running and catching the ball takes a lot of pressure off of your offense..... I guarentee Foster in there and 2 of the 4 that ended in FGs would have had 6pts on them instead..... And with that game, DC's will have to keep an eye on Casey which will only open up Foster, OD, and Dre even more...... If you want to sweat about something, sweat about the 1 tackle and 1 QB hit (not sack!) out of your "Franchise" DE Mario-no-show...... Karim is not good.... but he's not as bad as he was made to look all last year either..... Fact is that New Orleans found the hole in the coverage and Karim is not the player Joseph is and can't make the adjustment by himself on the fly.... the coaches did a poor job helping him out there...

Here's the bright spot...... Pitt D has looked VERY average so far this year..... and Harrison/Woodly have been about as effective this year so far as Mario was vs New Orleans..... And Pitt apparently forgot how to run the ball.... I mean, they had Seattle at Pitt, and Indy anywhere are HORRIBLE against the run, and yet Pitt hasn't been able to run the ball at all! Indy held them to under 60yds rushing! Sorry DeD..... Looks like the Raven's demolition of Pitt was more a foreshadowing than an aberration...... But if Houston can't close the deal vs Pitt.... then they are pretenders afterall.....

JaD
Mario was double and triple team a few times. and he hurt his knee in the 3rd qt. I think the defense just ran out of gas in the 4th qt. Not enough depth for the front 7. Foster will cure those red zone problems. Ben Tate has done a good job but he aint Foster. Good news every AFC team as some warts.
The Texans MAY have a chance against Pittsburgh, if they can keep the Steelers' running game at a minimum and get to Big Ben.

I thought they were gonna hold off the Saints but, as we all know, you gotta play 60 minutes of football. Drew Brees found ways to expose them like hoes and simply took advantage in the 4th quarter. Folks are starting the doubt this 'potent' defense. You can't be just good in the first half, especially with Pittsburgh, Oakland and Baltimore coming up!

By the way, Steve Slaton was let go today. Foster is still day-to-day, but may be playing on Sunday.
  • Satin
  • 09-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Good stuff Kerwil....btw I'm taking her again Sunday....

We really need to win this one....if they can finally play 4 quarters it should be no problem....right DED???
We really need to win this one....if they can finally play 4 quarters it should be no problem....right DED??? Originally Posted by Satin
Not gonna happen playa
  • Satin
  • 10-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Uh oh DED, we out here tailgating...getting ready to go in and look for you playa....