News Anchor Brian Williams ........well, he's a liar

Okay, the Ritz Carlton IS in the French Quarter. It is on the correct side of Canal St and between Burgandy and Dauphine. Did the French Quarter flood? I guess it depends on how you define flood. I grew up near the Missouri River and walking around in walk up to your ankles (like Brian William's picture) was not considered flooding. Now if you had to have a boat and a boat could get around then you had flooding. That water is not deep enough to float a boat where the picture was taken (that was Canal Street) so I don't think a body could float face up or down. Writers from the Big Easy have written several accounts that the Quarter did not flood. Did Williams see a body? Over 800 dead, most in other parts of town, so it is possible but I guess that seeing a body on 7th street or Fat City doesn't have the same drama. Just on the surface there are many doubts that his story is true, possible, but unlikely.
Okay, the Ritz Carlton IS in the French Quarter. It is on the correct side of Canal St and between Burgandy and Dauphine. Did the French Quarter flood? I guess it depends on how you define flood. I grew up near the Missouri River and walking around in walk up to your ankles (like Brian William's picture) was not considered flooding. Now if you had to have a boat and a boat could get around then you had flooding. That water is not deep enough to float a boat where the picture was taken (that was Canal Street) so I don't think a body could float face up or down. Writers from the Big Easy have written several accounts that the Quarter did not flood. Did Williams see a body? Over 800 dead, most in other parts of town, so it is possible but I guess that seeing a body on 7th street or Fat City doesn't have the same drama. Just on the surface there are many doubts that his story is true, possible, but unlikely. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
It's likely he saw a body floating but not in the french quarter but that's an area that everyone recognizes, even if you've never been to NOLA, you've heard of the french quarter. It's likely he switched the location to add impact. If that's what he did, that's wrong and he should be fired.
Goddamn, you're thick. I've said twice that he lied and should be fired. How is that anything close to defending him. I simply want to know the true story about what he said regarding New Orleans. We don't know that yet so I'm not sure how you can claim victory just yet. The difference between you and I is I'm not forced to stay within this box, like you. I go where the truth is, regardless of the party of the person involved. If you think republicans are any better, you're dumber than I already think you are. And that's pretty dumb, just fyi. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
You're an equivocating jackass. You said Williams should be fired for the helicopter story, but perpetuated this argument in his favor regarding the New Orleans story.
You're an equivocating jackass. You said Williams should be fired for the helicopter story, but perpetuated this argument in his favor regarding the New Orleans story.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Again, you're a victim of binary thought. Yes, he should be fired for the helicopter story. It doesn't automatically mean that this story is a complete and utter lie. I like to get to the bottom before I throw out the baby with the bathwater. You're like a bull, you see red and charge. Chew on this; someone can lie about one thing and not completely lie about another. Fascinating, I know.
Again, you're a victim of binary thought. Yes, he should be fired for the helicopter story. It doesn't automatically mean that this story is a complete and utter lie. I like to get to the bottom before I throw out the baby with the bathwater. You're like a bull, you see red and charge. Chew on this; someone can lie about one thing and not completely lie about another. Fascinating, I know. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
There's no "fascination" here. You're one of Odumbo's "#Grubered" minions; so, it's a foregone conclusion that you an equivocating asshole, because you're once again defending his remarks after you said you weren't defending his remarks. Williams obviously lied when he said he saw a "body floating in the French Quarter", because that's impossible, since the French Quarter didn't flood. And you're a lying jackass when you said you weren't defending what he said.
For the record, I lived in Chalmette for about a year and a half and Slidell for six months. Chalmette got hit pretty hard.
to WEATHERMAN......because nobody believes the weatherman anyway.
It is what your news anchors have come to, prior they reported the news, now they want to make it or be part of it.
The French Quarter is the oldest neighborhood in NO. As such, the original settlers built on the highest spot. Everything that has since grown out from there has pretty much gone down in elevation. Inches not feet and even some pumps separate some parts of the city from being swampland. Subsidence has been a huge issue for NO but the French Quarter remains the highest ground in the area. It was widely reported that the French Quarter did not flood.
The French Quarter is the oldest neighborhood in NO. As such, the original settlers built on the highest spot. Everything that has since grown out from there has pretty much gone down in elevation. Inches not feet and even some pumps separate some parts of the city from being swampland. Subsidence has been a huge issue for NO but the French Quarter remains the highest ground in the area. It was widely reported that the French Quarter did not flood. Originally Posted by boardman
+1

And that's a fact.
Flush out your head gear asshole!!!!!
4+ years a member, and that's your first post? Nice intro.
Flush out your head gear asshole!!!!! Originally Posted by Das Riech
4+ years a member, and that's your first post? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

For the record, Das Riech's first and only post in almost 5 years, came less than an hour after JL's self-imposed departure from this forum.

It could be that the timing of JL's exit and DR's entrance were purely coincidental.
Reich is spelled wrong.