Why the Taliban are better than Democrats.

Tell that to an unborn child. Or a partially born one. It’s murder. Originally Posted by bambino
No, it's not. It's also none of our business what a woman decides to do with her body.
Never said it did, but it's the religious right who seems adamant about telling women what to do with their bodies. Abortion was just one example. Originally Posted by Little Monster
And it’s people like you who don’t give a shit about the unborn. I guess the religious right saved your life. So, I guess abortion is justified in some cases.
And it’s people like you who don’t give a shit about the unborn. I guess the religious right saved your life. So, I guess abortion is justified in some cases. Originally Posted by bambino
"The religious right saved my life"? That has got to be one of the most idiotic, as well as ignorant attempts at spinning an argument. But then again, one must consider the source.
"The religious right saved my life"? That has got to be one of the most idiotic, as well as ignorant attempts at spinning an argument. But then again, one must consider the source. Originally Posted by Little Monster
Not spinning. What if your mother decided to get an abortion. Because it was her body. Yours doesn’t matter. Maybe she was a spiritual, moral person and just couldn’t do it. But according to you, she would have been justified by ended your life. Now you try to spin that differently.
Not spinning. What if your mother decided to get an abortion. Because it was her body. Yours doesn’t matter. Maybe she was a spiritual, moral person and just couldn’t do it. But according to you, she would have been justified by ended your life. Now you try to spin that differently. Originally Posted by bambino
I tell you what, start another thread about abortion and I will be happy to defend my view on the subject. The only reason I brought it up was to give an example of how the religious right tries to shove their religious views onto other people, just like the Taliban does, the only difference is the book they follow.
LOL this thread has devolved into an abortion debate.

Time to close this thing.
Now, how about convincing people that getting vaccinated and wearing N95 masks aren't connected to politics? Originally Posted by Tiny
That would be nearly impossible at this point. However, many people may decide not to get vaccinated or wear a mask regardless of politics. The media just tries to weaponize everything against the opposing party. A true unbiased conversation regarding COVID would most likely face political scrutiny. So, pretty much impossible at this point.
  • Tiny
  • 08-17-2021, 09:06 PM
Not spinning. What if your mother decided to get an abortion. Because it was her body. Yours doesn’t matter. Maybe she was a spiritual, moral person and just couldn’t do it. But according to you, she would have been justified by ended your life. Now you try to spin that differently. Originally Posted by bambino
Where do you draw the line? The second trimester? The first? Plan B (morning after pill)? Birth control pills? Condoms?

So government shouldn't be able to tell a woman she has to wear a mask if she's going to teach school children? But government should be able to tell a woman she can't take Plan B?

I'm referring to local government btw. I don't give a damn whether school teachers can wear masks or get morning after pills in Pittsburgh. Government should be closest to the people whenever possible, and if you don't like it you should move.
It just depends whether you think a baby in the womb is an individual human being protected by the law or a "lump of cells" as many call it.

I mean, people have been charged with homicide for killing unborn babies.

So, it's not exactly a "cut and dry" women's rights issue, in my opinion.

But, whatever.

I believe the issue, as Tiny has pointed out, is at which point do we define the fertilized egg to be a human being and not a lump of cells.
  • Tiny
  • 08-17-2021, 09:28 PM
It just depends whether you think a baby in the womb is an individual human being protected by the law or a "lump of cells" as many call it.

But, whatever.

I believe the issue, as Tiny has pointed out, is at which point do we define the fertilized egg to be a human being and not a lump of cells. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
I agree. You're putting it into words better than I did. I think I'm OK with abortions through the first trimester. I'm not sure I have any right to tell another person what she can do with her body. But I'm kind of revolted by the idea of 3rd trimester abortions.

But, whatever.

I believe the issue, as Tiny has pointed out, is at which point do we define the fertilized egg to be a human being and not a lump of cells. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
When breathing on its own.

And I like the clarity of this post.
I agree. You're putting it into words better than I did. I think I'm OK with abortions through the first trimester. I'm not sure I have any right to tell another person what she can do with her body. But I'm kind of revolted by the idea of 3rd trimester abortions. Originally Posted by Tiny

Why a NY woman came to Colorado for a 32-week abortion

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/1...on-women-2020/

In the spring of 2016, Erika Christensen and her husband walked past a tall, wooden fence that obscured the Boulder office of Dr. Warren Hern from the street and into his waiting room.

Printed signs taped to bulletproof glass told her all electronic devices — even cellphones — were prohibited and asked her to tell someone on staff if she needed to leave for any reason. The only items she could carry through the door were a printed book, her identification card and a check for $10,000.

Hern is one of a handful of doctors in the country who perform abortions later in pregnancy, and Christensen was at just about 32 weeks gestation when she walked through his front door carrying a son diagnosed with fatal complications.

“All (a ban) does is remove from my options the very thing the doctors are saying I could do to protect my emotional health,” Nicole said. “The physical labor gets harder every day you wait, but the emotional trauma is so much worse.”

Nicole and Christensen recognize that they’re the ideal, sympathetic faces for abortion later in pregnancy. They were both married. They wanted their children. And their diagnoses were clear. Neither of them had to decide whether to subject a newborn to surgery.

But, Christensen said, her rights can’t be untangled from the 13-year-old rape victim or the woman who has three abortions just because she doesn’t want a child. She doesn’t believe in bans with exceptions for this or that because she doesn’t want government in the business of deciding who does and doesn’t deserve access.

“I wish we had more chances to express our gratitude to the state of Colorado because when our states turned us away, this is where we went,” Christensen said. “We all feel this enormous sense of gratitude.”

Does the Taliban care at all about a woman's health? I tied the topic to my post.
  • Tiny
  • 08-17-2021, 10:38 PM

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/1...on-women-2020/

Does the Taliban care at all about a woman's health? I tied the topic to my post. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Yes, That makes sense. You don't know your child has a fatal disease until the 3rd trimester. Like my uncle, a farmer, used to say, before he snuffed out my grandfather, who had Alzheimer's with a pillow, "We treat our animals better than we treat our relatives." Meaning we don't make our animals suffer so they can die a natural death.

The $200,000 inheritance my uncle stood to get if grandpa croaked might have had something to do with that too.
Yes, That makes sense. You don't know your child has a fatal disease until the 3rd trimester. Like my uncle, a farmer, used to say, before he snuffed out my grandfather, who had Alzheimer's with a pillow, "We treat our animals better than we treat our relatives." Meaning we don't make our animals suffer so they can die a natural death.

The $200,000 inheritance my uncle stood to get if grandpa croaked might have had something to do with that too. Originally Posted by Tiny

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Out of love. Or self preservation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ddap2Pyhtw

I wanted to make a joke, but out of respect to you and your grandfather; this is a personal, sensitive issue. So I won't.
The Taliban never threw Americans in solitary for protesting a stolen election.

The Taliban isn't trying to inject us with an experimental poison.

The Taliban never declared me and my family the biggest threat to their country.

..... Originally Posted by texassapper
No, they just flew some airplanes into the what was twin towers in NYC on 9/11. That's why Bush43 sent us over there in the first place.

If the Taliban are so cool why did 620 Afgan people get on a Cargo plane (with no seats) to get out of there.

Why were the US trained security forces afraid to fight them? We have only been Training them for about 20 years.