Breaking news! 58% of Americans think that Obama is incompetent

It's must he a full moon dare I say I agree with whirlawsy it was indeed a very contradictory statement. I am still waiting for someone to tell me why the Jews can't have one piece of land that they can call home ? Jews were established way before Muslims it's God's will that Jews maintain Israel and by the looks of it I don't think it will change any time soon - I think the reason why Jews tend to be very successful is because they have a race and religion to preserve and whether you like it or not they are God's chosen people. Jesus was a Jew he followed all Jewish customs - I have no problems with Palestinians becoming law abiding citizens of Israel but the land belongs to the Jews . Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Excellent post and please excuse any previous post where I made offensive statements to you.
But what if the one true god is Allah? Or Krishna? Or Thor? Or Chuck Norris?

You're proving my point that the argument over which "god" is best is a basis for violence.

If the one true god is the god of the Jews, do you make menstruating women sleep outside of town? Do you stone homosexuals or disobedient children? Or do you simply pick and which parts you will believe and obey, and ignore the parts that you don't like?

You're proving to be a hypocrite, JL. Your god tells people to kill children. Excuse me if I don't take him seriously. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
If it is Chuck Norris, then I can live with that!!
If it isn't, then you not taking him seriously is your problem, not his!!!
The god who orders children to be killed does not exist.
The god who orders children to be killed does not exist. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Nor does the "god" who authorizes using children as shields, suicide bombers, and/or using their schools, homes, and hospitals to store and hide explosives and other weapons. Any adult who does is "godless."
I agree, LL. that's why it is so stupid to base policy on who's god is best. Any god worthy of the name would tell both sides to knock it off!
I agree, LL. that's why it is so stupid to base policy on who's god is best. Any god worthy of the name would tell both sides to knock it off! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
A human dictating to God what he should say and do - pretty sad.
A human dictating to God what he should say and do - pretty sad. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Lol! How do we know your "god" is the one true and only "god"? You're part of the problem.

Lol! How do we know your "god" is the one true and only "god"? You're part of the problem.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You place your bets and you take your chances

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COG it's pointless to argue with you since you don't believe in a higher deity- but it's amazing that you believe in let's say "Gravity" even though you can't see Gravity yet you may tell me you can "feel" the presence of gravity. In the same manner people can't see God but feel his presence and they can look at the heavens and see stars, planets and believe that it has some sort of creator. I don't know what your issues with Jews having their own homeland but get over it.
COG it's pointless to argue with you since you don't believe in a higher deity- but it's amazing that you believe in let's say "Gravity" even though you can't see Gravity yet you may tell me you can "feel" the presence of gravity. In the same manner people can't see God but feel his presence and they can look at the heavens and see stars, planets and believe that it has some sort of creator. I don't know what your issues with Jews having their own homeland but get over it. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Who says I don't believe in God? I do. And I agree with you about seeing and experiencing His/Hers/It's Presence. I do not believe in the god of the Old Testament. That god approves genocide and the killing of children, along with a whole host of ridiculous regulations.

I do not believe in Allah, for the same reason.

But there are other, older (and newer) writings the better capture the essence of the Divine.

Judaism, Islam, Christianity (not Jesus) are religions designed to control there adherents. Behave and you get Heaven, or 72 virgins, or some such nonsense.

It's simply bullshit, but go ahead and believe it if it makes you happy. But don't use your phony religion as an excuse to tell me how to live.

Both sides in the Middle East need to put down their arms and start working together. They won't, but they should. It's asinine. "God gave us this land!" "The hell he did, he gave this land us!" "Did not!" "Did too!"

All this violence and misery over which "god" gave what to who. Does this not sound ridiculous to you?
You place your bets and you take your chances Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

Or you can always hedge your bets by going to the mosque on Friday, the synagogue on Saturday, and the Church on Sunday...

Or you can always hedge your bets by going to the mosque on Friday, the synagogue on Saturday, and the Church on Sunday... Originally Posted by lustylad
Just do it UTR so they will allow you inside!
I do not believe in the god of the Old Testament. That god approves genocide and the killing of children, along with a whole host of ridiculous regulations. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
No doubt the God of the Old Testament was harsh at times. But it wasn't some senseless blood quest. He had a purpose to it. God was trying to establish a holy people that were to be a "light onto the nations". The Israelites were to be an example to the world. Didn't quite work out that way.