Random Thoughts

Waiting is torture to the impatient man. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Agreed, though now I'm curious as to what you're waiting on.
I wonder if there's a place where I can stream MASH.
Agreed, though now I'm curious as to what you're waiting on. Originally Posted by JdeHog
something upscale i'm guessing
Not what you think
Wonder why there is not a true authentic Italian restaurant in Northwest Arkansas, at least if there is one, I haven’t found it.
Wonder why there is not a true authentic Italian restaurant in Northwest Arkansas, at least if there is one, I haven’t found it. Originally Posted by niteswimmer1
What would constitute authentic? Not a sarcastic question, I really don’t know.

I went to a place in New Jersey one time where the menu was all in Italian, the waiters were Italian and mostly spoke Italian, and there wasn’t even a menu, everything was made to order there and a dinner took about 3-4 hours to complete all courses. Something like that?
What would constitute authentic? Not a sarcastic question, I really don’t know.

I went to a place in New Jersey one time where the menu was all in Italian, the waiters were Italian and mostly spoke Italian, and there wasn’t even a menu, everything was made to order there and a dinner took about 3-4 hours to complete all courses. Something like that? Originally Posted by SpankyJ

He was probably thinking more along the line of Olive Garden, LOL. FWIW in Little Rock I think Macaroni Grill is pretty good. There is a really goon Italian place downtown but Imcannot remember th name. My favorite was Brono’s in WLR before he closed.
Tavola Trattoria in downtown Bentonville is quite good but I don’t know how authentic it is.
Tavola Trattoria in downtown Bentonville is quite good but I don’t know how authentic it is. Originally Posted by SpankyJ

the name sure tries
[QUOTE=SpankyJ;1060478366]What would constitute authentic? Not a sarcastic question, I really don’t know.

Somewhere where you can get homemade pasta’s and sauce, fresh Gnocchi, Chicken, Prosciutto and Cheese Tortellini. Fresh Seafood Ravioli, Chicken Picatta or Spiedini and then after that you have to have a fresh Zuccotto, Italian White Cream Cake, and most of all homemade Cannoli.
Wonder why there is not a true authentic Italian restaurant in Northwest Arkansas, at least if there is one, I haven’t found it. Originally Posted by niteswimmer1
Not sure how authentic it is, but Giraldi's in Fayetteville is pretty good. So is Noodles, but it's more of a date place. There's also Venezia's in Springdale, but I've never been, so I can't attest to its quality or authenticity.
Tavola Trattoria has their menus on their site. Might be able to get some of it there. I’d guess it’s the closest you’ll find in NWA.

http://tavolatrattoria.com/pdf/Tavola_Dinner_Menu.pdf

The lemon cutlet is my favorite there.
I have tried some of the places listed above but not all. I will have to hit the rest. Guess I’m spoiled, I spent all last week in Kansas City and there is a small hole in the wall Italian restaurant near the plaza that to me is over the top. I ate there 3 times in a week and brought back 2 trays of lasagna and a case of their manaria sauce. LOL, this should hold me over for a while.
I have tried some of the places listed above but not all. I will have to hit the rest. Guess I’m spoiled, I spent all last week in Kansas City and there is a small hole in the wall Italian restaurant near the plaza that to me is over the top. I ate there 3 times in a week and brought back 2 trays of lasagna and a case of their manaria sauce. LOL, this should hold me over for a while. Originally Posted by niteswimmer1
name please.
Cupini’s