NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

V Jax would be great but he might be too costly for us. I do prefer a vet over a rook at wr.
I do prefer a vet over a rook at wr. Originally Posted by Daddio
That's a surprise! I thought for skilled position players you always preferred rookies, drafted in the 5th round.
V Jax would be great but he might be too costly for us. I do prefer a vet over a rook at wr. Originally Posted by Daddio
Bingo! He would be a perfect fit....... but he's gonna wanna try and break the bank..... he's not the type that gives too much of a shit about winning unless he's getting paid..... but then again, SD's GM will fuck up the mindset of many a good player with how he handles his own.... you get treated like a piece of throwaway meat all your career its only natural you get jaded to the whole "loyalty" thing.....

To be honest...... I'll take a 5th round guy...... but he better be shit-on-lightning fast at this point! There are some interesting potential FA out there tho that could help....

JaD
Honestly, I brought V Jax not because of how much I've seen him play. But by how he's essentially the greatest "Rocket Catcher" in the history of Madden. The man has perfected the art form..

I'd probably go with a draft pick as well, love that dude Jeffrey from S. Carolina.
The SD GM really cornholed VJax much like Bigtalk gets cornholed by all his #8 wearing lovers, like Carr, Aikman(gayboy), and now Dopey.

Oh and Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, much like Brady, TJ got his opportunity when a limp dick veteran went down to an injury ahead of him. Opportunity is the mother of invention in the NFL. I don't care where they get picked, all I care about is winning playoff games!!

Most mock drafts I have seen have us picking Rueben Randle from LSU in the First round. He is a fast guy and had seveal plays of 25 or more yards. I like the Baylor WR but he is rather small but a speed burner.
  • Satin
  • 02-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Looks like the 49ers have their eyes locked in on Vjax pretty hard. There's also Colston, Manningham, Welker, Wayne and DeSean Jackson. Personally I like Jackson, Welker and Wayne.
Come on Bob, open up your wallet bro....
DeSean Jackson would be good. He has shown flashes of being a knucklehead but I think Duane Brown and Andre Johnson could keep him in line. He is a legit deep threat and also an awesome punt returner. Big play guy for sure. He is small and has had concussion problems but that might have been knucklehead and or concussion problems. Welker instead of Walters, WOW, that would be a dream come true.
I heard that Philly is considering franchising DeSean. I don't know enough about where they sit cap wise to know if that rumor was for real or not. I would think that franchising a head case would be like throwing gas on the fire.

Reggie Wayne would be a great option for right now. A salty vet that can run routes and still make plays would make whoever they put @ QB look good.

I would rather see someone young that can catch @ WR. Jacoby is fast. He just can't catch or run anything but a 9 route.

I think we need to do it through the draft @ WR though the DT class this year looks like a lot of talent that will be too good to pass up. You add a bad ass DT to the D that we had this year and everyone will forget about the offense because the D will improve from it's # 2 ranking this year. Cush will still get snubbed for the Pro Bowl - again - but won't give a shit because he'll be studying the film to get ready for a real game while Ray Ray goes in his place.
Looks like the 49ers have their eyes locked in on Vjax pretty hard. There's also Colston, Manningham, Welker, Wayne and DeSean Jackson. Personally I like Jackson, Welker and Wayne.
Come on Bob, open up your wallet bro.... Originally Posted by Satin
I like it ... However, we could always add another big Johnson. Then we'd officially have a deep double penetrating offense making opposing defenses look like one massive pussy getting fucked from all angles... Hell, we could even call it the Johnson-N-Johnson pASS attack!...hehehe...

Really though, Steve Johnson is set to be a free agent Mar 13th as well and he's coming off 2 consecutive 1,000yd seasons. He's still young (would be 5th yr) and would probably warrant a nice size LT contract. Though a short-term deal with a reliable vet would be more likely, If we could add Steve to the payroll it'd be fine by me.

Steve Johnson Highlights

Don, have you already seen these?...

Peyton Manning odds
(next season’s team):

Retire: 20% ($100 wins $250)
Dolphins: 20% ($100 wins $250)
Redskins: 17% ($100 wins $300)
Colts: 14% ($100 wins $400)
Jets: 11% ($100 wins $500)
Cardinals: 3% ($100 wins $2,500)
Broncos: 3% ($100 wins $2,500)
49ers: 2% ($100 wins $4,000)
Titans: 1.5% ($100 wins $5,000)
Chiefs: 1.5% ($100 wins $5,000)
Texans: 1% ($100 wins $7,500)
Other Team: 6% ($100 wins $1,000)
Damn, that is a sexy looking jersey...

Darnet, my book doesn't offer that prop! At least not at the moment, I'd pound the Fuck out of that Houston number, just based on value alone. Also, the Tennessee number for that matter.
  • Satin
  • 02-17-2012, 03:47 PM
John McClain was just asked....if he had to make a choice between Arian or Mario, who would it be....
Arian....

The general has forgotten more than we would ever know....it's a no-brainer to me....
Well if you ask Nose Tackle and Texans' funny man Shaun Cody. The biggest area of improvement the team needs to focus on is the training staff. LOL

Here it is as aired on NFL Network:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...cap-Cody-style

-Nice Socks?
The general has forgotten more than we would ever know....it's a no-brainer to me.... Originally Posted by Satin
Hey Bro, is that the same "general" ("who has forgotten more than we would ever know") that on January 19, 2012 ranked Matt Schaub as being the current Texans player with the most value (Numero Uno), "in terms of their value to the (Texans) organization as they move toward next season?"

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ks-the-texans/

Yep, I double checked the above link and it appears to be the very same "general!" Imagine that! That "general" guy (who "has forgotten more than we would ever know") seems to be a pretty smart feller, isn't he?

Way to go "general", you nailed it once again!

Yikes, don't tell Dopey Dude Daddio that the "general" guy believes Matt Schaub is the Texans player with the most value to the (Houston Texans) organization. We certainly do not want Dopey Dude to find out that his personal man-crush, T.J. Yates, was 36 spots behind Schaub even though Dopey Dude boldly predicted (and then cut and run from) that Yates would beat out my gf's bro for the starting qb position at the beginning of next season. Apparently the "general" does not agree with Dopey Dude's warped assessment of the overall value of Schaub vs. Yates! Let's do our best to keep this disturbing news from Dopey. We sure as hell don't want to upset him any more than he already is.

Awwww hell, let's go ahead and tell Dopey Dude Daddio. If he gets upset, that's his problem. Hell, he's already a friggin' basket case anyway! We will just order him a larger basket!!!!!
Ya'll should check out his twitter, he's awesome https://twitter.com/#!/FakeJohnMcClain
Ya'll should check out his twitter, he's awesome https://twitter.com/#!/FakeJohnMcClain Originally Posted by Don91
My favorite: "Matt Schaub had 343 fewer passing yards than TJ Yates during the playoffs...pathetic."