How are we going to pay for all this shit?

• WTF
  • 12-28-2021, 07:02 AM
Could someone please explain to me what bambino just posted!
Could someone please explain to me what bambino just posted! Originally Posted by WTF
No
Could someone please explain to me what bambino just posted! Originally Posted by WTF
Update your computer security.

These links-only posts should all be quarantined… sanitized for our protection.

He answered "no," so maybe Bambino is still waiting on his daily dose of missives from "Q."

Apparently the link he posted takes you to something produced by the "Christian Patriots."

That group might be a good fit for you when you decide that the brand of lunacy served up by Sidney Powell and Lin Wood just isn't quite amped-up enough to suit your tastes!

Regarding the following two posts:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...postcount=1117

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...postcount=1118

I don't think any conservatives are likely to argue that the debt accumulation trajectory during Reagan's two terms was good, or even acceptable. As noted earlier, public debt increased from just over 30% to about 50% during the period.

Indeed, there was a lot of angst about deficits during the late 1980s and well into the '90s. However, there was a relatively easy path back to fiscal sustainability, and of course we took it during the second half of that decade. (Too bad we didn't stay on it during the GWB and subsequent years.)

However, my take on where we really started going off the rails involves going back 10 years earlier than the Reagan inauguration, to 1971.

Someone sent me this link recently:

"WTF Happened in 1971?"

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/

(Yeah, this is some outfit hawking cryptocurrencies, which I have no interest in, but the graphs make a number of interesting points that relate to trends that greatly increased income and wealth inequality over the last half-century, such as the rapidly growing financialization of the economy.)

Of course, that was the year Nixon ended international gold convertibility, leading to a free-floating fiat currency regime.

Also note Nixon's 1971 state of the union address, in which he explicitly called for congress to ramp it up, claiming that if we increased spending to a level appropriate for a full employment economy, we would thereby bring about full employment. (Neo-Keynesianism, straight up!)

Reagan made a number of speeches from about 1976 on in which he professed to be very opposed to all this government expansion. However, after assuming office in 1981, he didn't make much of an effort to do anything about it.

Next up: The Reagan vs. Stockman debate. (Or was it actually "Baker vs. Stockman?")

He answered "no," so maybe Bambino is still waiting on his daily dose of missives from "Q."

Apparently the link he posted takes you to something produced by the "Christian Patriots."

That group might be a good fit for you when you decide that the brand of lunacy served up by Sidney Powell and Lin Wood just isn't quite amped-up enough to suit your tastes!

. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
And what are your daily doses of missives? From where? The whole system is corrupt. And you’re arrogant enough to think you know what’s going on. You don’t.
  • Tiny
  • 12-28-2021, 05:33 PM

Regarding the following two posts:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...postcount=1117

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...postcount=1118

As noted earlier, public debt increased from just over 30% to about 50% during the period. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Federal debt held by the public was actually around 39% of GDP at the end of Reagan's second term.

"WTF Happened in 1971?"

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/ Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
This is the best link posted in the history of eccie.net, except possibly for https://www.preferred411.com/.

WTF, If you'd posted this series of graphs I might have stopped arguing with you about the national debt during Reagan's presidency. Although I still believe he was the best president during our lifetimes, so far anyway.

Of course, that was the year Nixon ended international gold convertibility, leading to a free-floating fiat currency regime....Next up: The Reagan vs. Stockman debate. (Or was it actually "Baker vs. Stockman?")

. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Can't wait for next up! The most formidable lawyer ever to come out of Texas versus the Harvard divinity student.

I have no idea whether ending gold convertibility was a good thing or a bad thing, and it would be fascinating to hear your thoughts.
  • Tiny
  • 12-28-2021, 05:35 PM
And you’re arrogant enough to think you know what’s going on. You don’t. Originally Posted by bambino
Actually he does.
Actually he does. Originally Posted by Tiny
Just like your favorite Eccie lawyer 1B1? Sorry, I’m not buying it. You asked a simple question. The only way out is bankruptcy. Not which POTUS was culpable. Has nothing to do with Q. If Captain Midnight was such a genius he should be in charge of the Fed. Maybe he wouldn’t print fake money. Or more debt. The simple answer is, our “government” can’t tax our way out of 30 trillion in debt and climbing.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.
Actually he does. Originally Posted by Tiny

yes, he does. his background is clearly financial in a direct way.
yes, he does. his background is clearly financial in a direct way. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Then he should understand there’s only one way out of this mess. We’re certainly not going to grow our way out of it. Or tax our way out of it.
  • Tiny
  • 12-28-2021, 06:23 PM
Just like your favorite Eccie lawyer 1B1? Sorry, I’m not buying it. You asked a simple question. The only way out is bankruptcy. Not which POTUS was culpable. Has nothing to do with Q. If Captain Midnight was such a genius he should be in charge of the Fed. Maybe he wouldn’t print fake money. Or more debt. The simple answer is, our “government” can’t tax our way out of 30 trillion in debt and climbing.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. Originally Posted by bambino
No, Bambino, bankruptcy is not the only way out. Midnight has provided an alternative. He didn't put it in front of us on a silver platter. You have to look for it.

About 25% of the way through his WTF chart link, you'll find a list of countries where hyperinflation caused prices to double every few days, or in one case, Zimbabwe, every few hours. So we can re-finance the federal debt with 30 year bonds, and then inflate the hell out of the currency! Presto Change O, the debt disappears!
No, Bambino, bankruptcy is not the only way out. Midnight has provided an alternative. He didn't put it in front of us on a silver platter. You have to look for it.

About 25% of the way through his WTF chart link, you'll find a list of countries where hyperinflation caused prices to double every few days, or in one case, Zimbabwe, every few hours. So we can re-finance the federal debt with 30 year bonds, and then inflate the hell out of the currency! Presto Change O, the debt disappears! Originally Posted by Tiny
If you and Captain Darkness say so. That’s more fucked up than the Q stuff I post which is meant to get a rise out of libtards. But let’s keep that between us. Don’t tell Captain either. Let’s just keep him in the dark. For now.

About 25% of the way through his WTF chart link, you'll find a list of countries where hyperinflation caused prices to double every few days, or in one case, Zimbabwe, every few hours. So we can re-finance the federal debt with 30 year bonds, and then inflate the hell out of the currency! Presto Change O, the debt disappears! Originally Posted by Tiny
If you and Captain Darkness say so. That’s more fucked up than the Q stuff I post which is meant to get a rise out of libtards. But let’s keep that between us. Don’t tell Captain either. Let’s just keep him in the dark. For now. Originally Posted by bambino

how 'bout we make it an act of treason for Congress to spend more than they bring in?

and execute them if they do.

and while we are at it. stop all foreign aid. to everyone. FTW! America First!
We don't need to because we are good at creating alternate options for debt holdings. Be it additional bonds, security vehicles, or another holding institution like The Federal Reserve.
Conventional left liberal policy is open the borders, increase the population, divide, and then hopefully conquer...the one World Government goal of theirs would certainly do the trick but they keep ignoring China while China takes over the world. Because they are so wrong with fiscal policy, kicking the can down the road and creating the smoke mirror options will continue to rule the roost.