Some good movies in theatre right now.

On the main topic, it looks like Incredibles 2 is still in theaters. I went because a friend wanted to go, and it was just OK for me and about what you would expect. But there was a really fantastic 8-minute short film called "Bao" that ran before the main film. I was really impressed. To me it was worth going just for that, especially if you know anything about Chinese culture, but worth seeing even if you don't.
I was a bit surprised to find one at "The Peak" at the top of Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island. Originally Posted by billw1032
I guess they don't have one in DFW because DFW is not a touristy destination enough?
I just saw the trailer to new season of Orange is the new black. Woohoo.
I read half of the book last night. Doesn’t really follow the movie.

They might have to cast Tom hank’s son as Forrest to use that book and modify the story a bit. Or jump ahead to a 50-60 year old Forrest and rewrite a new sequel.

I did read the sequel book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gump_and_Co.

Has anyone been to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurants? Originally Posted by CG2014
I don't think a sequel movie will work.

It's been 24 years and the discovery and freshness of it has gone.

We already know what will happen in the sequel, more of Forrest embedding himself into historically events without him knowing he is part of them or how he got there.
  • MRMR
  • 07-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Has anyone been to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurants?

Been to the one in Maui.
Touristy is correct. Will not be back
I was a bit surprised to find one at "The Peak" at the top of Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island. It was crowded with a waiting line. Didn't eat there, but I wanted to. I was hungry and wanted some fried shrimp really bad after two weeks of mostly Chinese food. Maybe getting a little OT here, though... Originally Posted by billw1032
I'm not surprised since the Peak is mostly a tourist attraction. And I understand about the desire for American food as I had to alternate between Cantonese food and McDonalds every other day. I will say McDonalds in Hong Kong had some incredible fried apples pies unlike the baked version we get here.
Has anyone been to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurants?

Been to the one in Maui.
Touristy is correct. Will not be back Originally Posted by MRMR
Just had it in Vegas in front of Planet Hollywood. It sucked ass.
On the main topic, it looks like Incredibles 2 is still in theaters. But there was a really fantastic 8-minute short film called "Bao" that ran before the main film. Originally Posted by billw1032
I haven't seen it. Will wait for the DVD.

But I liked the short film from the first movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xF47FXtelQ
I guess they don't have one in DFW because DFW is not a touristy destination enough? Originally Posted by CG2014
If you lived somewhere else would you plan a vacation to Dallas?
Did anyone see Hotel Artemis yet? Promos look good but the ratings suck at rotten tomatoes.
SOOOOO... It's like THOR again?

2 brothers! One destined to be King. One NOT. The latter wants to be King. The former doesn't want to but then he has no choice but to follow his destiny (the recycled destiny plot again!!) and challenges and fight his rogue brother to save his kingdom and the Earth world.

The SAME OLD SHIT over and over again with these annoying Comic books based movies.

Also... if they are underwater creatures, why do they have legs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU
I usually get excited to see the marvel movies but I usually snooze through it half way in. Great action scenes but not much substance.
I am just burned out by all these Marvel and DC comics movies.