Favorite wine

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a sparkling wine rather than champagne?
If so, I'm not sure I'd say $60 is value for money..but as I said, I'm not sure if it is sparkling wine or champagne.
I no longer drink white wine, but when I did, Chablis and Sancerre were my top picks.
For reds, nothing like a good bordeaux.

C Originally Posted by Camille
I said "bubbly." Of course it isn't champagne since it doesn't come from the Champagne district of France. And for quality it's superior to most champagne without paying the French premium (Wine Spectator has given it 94-95 points for at least the last 3 years). There is great sparkling wine that doesn't come from Champagne just as there is great pinot noir that doesn't come from Burgundy.
Word!

(fwiw I don't think US law prohibits calling it Champagne if it does not come from the French region, at least it didn't a few years back) One of those cultural things
I said "bubbly." Of course it isn't champagne since it doesn't come from the Champagne district of France. And for quality it's superior to most champagne without paying the French premium (Wine Spectator has given it 94-95 points for at least the last 3 years). There is great sparkling wine that doesn't come from Champagne just as there is great pinot noir that doesn't come from Burgundy. Originally Posted by Gryphon
A lot of people use the word "bubbly" to denote champagne...which is why I asked. It's only superior to most champagne in your eyes remember

C
Yea! I personally don't care for many sparkling wines at all.
Originally Posted by pjorourke
I can't find the spanking emoticon...if anyone finds it, it belongs to PJ
I've got a bottle of that and a magnum of VC in my fridge John. if you're passing..... Originally Posted by Camille
So do I, Camille but I'd love to share yours some day.
I can't find the spanking emoticon...if anyone finds it, it belongs to PJ Originally Posted by Camille
Here you go

problem of course: from you he might like it.
A lot of people use the word "bubbly" to denote champagne...which is why I asked. It's only superior to most champagne in your eyes remember

C Originally Posted by Camille
I'd love to give you a blind tasting!
I'd love to give you a blind tasting! Originally Posted by Gryphon
There's a smiley face there but that somehow didn't feel like a double entendre lol. JB..anytime..it's chillin"...may as well but it on the damn balcony..it's in the minus figures out there today. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
and yeah DG, you are probably right

C xxxxxxxxx
Yea! I personally don't care for many sparkling wines at all. Originally Posted by London Rayne

Niether do I. I find the carbonation (the bubbly) distracting. I do not hate it however I can do without.
Currently, I'd have to say Belle Glos' Meiomi Pinot Noir. Simply delicious.
My two favorite wines would be Gewurztraminer and Prosecco. I love the sweet after taste.
Moncontour Vouvray is my absolute favorite right now and a Cartizze Prosecco is my go to. I always pair it with St Andre Brie,some dried mango, and orange blossom honey. Mmm yummy im goin to get some Good thread!
Francis Coppola Diamond Collection Black Label Claret (cab) & Hermann J. Wiemer Semi-Dry Riesling (if you can find 2007, buy it by the case!)
Pages later... VAlerie, I have actually seen someone drink from a straw!! I nearly spit out my beverage from laughing!

I like La Crema pinot noir or chardonnay.. Saw someone else like La Crema, Yay!
And I also like Estancia, and it's maybe a $15 bottle so no diamond there. Ha!

As for cheeses, smoked gouda and goat cheese!! Yum!