Boltfan has a secret to share

Far more people play football than boxing, you'd be looking for percentages not totals.

However, let's not pretend football is more "violent" than boxing. That's just silly.
What % of players cant walk right after 5 years of playing. I am not talking only brain injuries.
"walk right" is arbitrary and vague, you were better with "debilitating" previously. I'm not limiting anything brain injuries, either. Again, football isn't nearly as "violent" as boxing.

Also, let's not equate danger with violence.
If you dont think football is violent, you havent played above pop warner in some time.

You also havent suffered a lower body injury that causes issues with mobility.
If you dont think football is violent, you havent played above pop warner in some time. Originally Posted by Boltfan
No one said football isn't violent.
No one said football isn't violent. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
So, something violent is not dangerous?
So, something violent is not dangerous? Originally Posted by Boltfan
No one said that either.
No one said that either. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Well I am done trying to guess your point. You can come out and make it, or dont.
Well I am done trying to guess your point. You can come out and make it, or dont. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Why are you guessing at anything? I made my point already, and clearly:

Far more people play football than boxing, you'd be looking for percentages not totals.

However, let's not pretend football is more "violent" than boxing. That's just silly. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Edit: Just saw you added the last bit:
If you dont think football is violent, you havent played above pop warner in some time.

You also havent suffered a lower body injury that causes issues with mobility. Originally Posted by Boltfan
Hadn't realized we've met before and we've talked about this in detail. Regardless, that has no relevance on my point.
If that is your sole point, that football is less violent than boxing, you have no data to back your claim. Any data out there is inconclusive at best. The first 10 articles that come up in a google search display that fact.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-football/amp/

https://www.quora.com/Brain-Injury-W...ng-or-football - this one makes the point of the frequency of impacts

I am sure if you tried, you could find several articles showing the opposite. Thats the point, this is no consensus.

So, nice try.
There are a dozen people here who know me. And why would I give up the personal satisfaction of a win? Originally Posted by Boltfan
Dang man, what did I just walk in on?

I know I've got a little more free time on my hands at the moment, but I saw BoltFan in the title, and got excited I could come in and chime in on how awesome he is!

He sent me the copy of the review he did on me, and we had a wild and crazy time, and he had such a great description of exactly what happened.

He's what I think many people could learn from on being a valuable, fun, and thoughtful poster. And a good friend in the hobby as well.

Edited: caught up a little on this thread (I posted before I read all of it)
I want to chime in on the perspective of a parent of a college based football student, and from my son's decision.

He is aware of the risks he is taking, and putting on his body. He knows if he gets X amount of concussions, he is no longer a player.
He knows all the risks, and understands the poor arrangement of colleges making money on these young men's bodies, without much more than if they have a full ride; full healthcare, college paid for, a small monthly check for living expenses, and possible grant money for additional expenses. (He qualified for loans as well, but doesn't want to get into my situation of having to pay them back)

He has so much potential for being scouted to go pro, even if it's only at a practice player position, and that is what he has aspired for ever since 5th grade. Another player on his team started much younger, and has had so many surgeries and injuries. He wished his parents started him later. My son wishes I started him earlier. It's the parent's choice along with the child to begin with, as they grow, it is a joint choice, and then by the time they are a senior, getting college paid for is not too bad of an option in many opinions.

Just my two and a half cents.
He sent me the copy of the review he did on me, and we had a wild and crazy time, and he had such a great description of exactly what happened. Originally Posted by tntangie
wow sounds like you got to read the ROS section.. pretty sure that's a rule violation..
wow sounds like you got to read the ROS section.. pretty sure that's a rule violation.. Originally Posted by honest_abe
Thats what you got from her post?

Good god, I think davidfree has a rival for the most single minded individual here.
OP: Did you learn about reading comprehension in school much?

That's an insult you can throw, due to an obvious issue, without getting points.

And I totally mean it.

READ AGAIN. Jeesh.
And I'd like to add, would you really think a provider to be so stupid as to admit an obvious rule violation in the well read area of co-ed?

I suggest you do a little more research, and worry more about your own issues.