How many of the average Americans here have used a gun for protection?

So, you went into the military to kill people? Originally Posted by LexusLover
This seems to be your modus operandi. You don't have an answer or point to make, so you twist something around to ask a completely unrelated question.You've done it three or four times just to me. It might be clever if the person pulling the levers weren't so goddamn stupid. Keep trying though. You'll get there someday.
This seems to be your modus operandi. You don't have an answer or point to make, so you twist something around to ask a completely unrelated question.You've done it three or four times just to me. It might be clever if the person pulling the levers weren't so goddamn stupid. Keep trying though. You'll get there someday. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Actually WR.. it was you that didn't have an answer or point to make since you made the statement.. specifically.."Ending life IS a skill at some point when you're talking about the military". LL was simplytrying to figure out WTF your point was in making that statement.. so he was asking for clarification.

What WAS the point of your statement if not to say that one goes into the military to be taught the "skill" of how to kill people.

Or do you just toss random BS out there and then get huffy when people ask you to explain?
Actually WR.. it was you that didn't have an answer or point to make since you made the statement.. specifically.."Ending life IS a skill at some point when you're talking about the military". LL was simplytrying to figure out WTF your point was in making that statement.. so he was asking for clarification.

What WAS the point of your statement if not to say that one goes into the military to be taught the "skill" of how to kill people.

Or do you just toss random BS out there and then get huffy when people ask you to explain? Originally Posted by RedLeg505
Jesus Christ. I guess expecting you to comprehend the written word is a stretch. What is the key objective of the military when you get right down to it? Make peace? I don't know why people go into the military. I'm sure it's for a myriad of reasons, just as it is with anything else people do in life. It wasn't random BS. It was a direct response to his spiel on skills. I'm too fucking tired to go back and lead you through it all by cutting and pasting. If you're so fucking interested, read the goddamn thread from the beginning.
The constant running of "what ifs" through my mind keeps me on my toes and the things that are taught by conceal carry groups so I am aware of my surroundings at all times. Originally Posted by tucson
where exactly are you spending time where you might get hurt?
Maybe it's best to avoid those places.
I dont even carry a gas can for fuel in case I run out, I make sure I have gas....just simply being careful will keep you out of areas where you might need a gun.

or do you think the one time a muger jumps out at you, you'll actually be able to get your gun out and shoot it at a person?
have any experience killing someone? so what makes you think when the pressure is on, you'll be able to get the job done?

I dont even carry a gas can for fuel in case I run out, I make sure I have gas....just simply being careful will keep you out of areas where you might need a gun.

or do you think the one time a muger jumps out at you, you'll actually be able to get your gun out and shoot it at a person?
have any experience killing someone? so what makes you think when the pressure is on, you'll be able to get the job done?

Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
Both are excellent points. What someone says they would do under certain pressure is usually much different from what actually transpires. Of course, this is the internet. Everybody on here is the offspring of Wyatt Fucking Earp and Wild Bill Hickock with a pistol.
Why does everyone use that same tired argument. If you get jumped then you won't have time to get your weapon out. The people here are the argument against that. Many of us here have used a firearm to protect ourselves or property. No one got jumped like a cougar from a tree. Most people are approached and if you're paying attention you see what is going on.
Why does everyone use that same tired argument. If you get jumped then you won't have time to get your weapon out. The people here are the argument against that. Many of us here have used a firearm to protect ourselves or property. No one got jumped like a cougar from a tree. Most people are approached and if you're paying attention you see what is going on. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
anecdotal at best. factor in that it's the internet and your poll is less than worthless.
No one ever said that any poll on this site is scientific. Why do you think someone did? This is all about personal experience and opinion. According to the unscientific poll over half of the people who responded did have the opportunity to avail themselves of a weapon at least one time.
No one ever said that any poll on this site is scientific. Why do you think someone did? This is all about personal experience and opinion. According to the unscientific poll over half of the people who responded did have the opportunity to avail themselves of a weapon at least one time. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Then why even bother with it in the first place? It's nothing more than anecdotal evidence of the ravings of lunatics. Personal opinion and experience mean less than shit when you are talking about statistical data. Over half had the opportunity to avail themselves one time. What the fuck does that even mean? You've got a population of dimwits. Half of the dimwits, the dumber half probably, say they have personally used a gun for protection at least one time. I would posit that if you are in a position to need a gun for protection, you've already fucked up along the way somewhere way before the gun was brought into it.
Jesus Christ. I guess expecting you to comprehend the written word is a stretch. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Did you answer my question about YOUR WRITTEN WORDS?

Since you've probably forgotten them by now, and obviously want to forget them:

Originally Posted by LexusLover
So, you went into the military to kill people?

have any experience killing someone? so what makes you think when the pressure is on, you'll be able to get the job done? Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
This reminds me of the media blitz on the mall shooter (with a rifle) a year or so ago and some "licensed" carrier got himself in the news by claiming he saved a lot of lives by brandishing his .22 pistol at the shooter, who (allegedly out of fear) retreated to a hallway and killed himself (allegedly because the "licensed" carrier threatened him ... when asked why he didn't shoot the "carrier" claimed he didn't have a "clear" shot .... The guy's girlfriend was left by him to fend for herself during the shooting while the carrier hid behind a pillar.

Some on Eccie proclaimed it was an example of how a "licensed" carrier saved lives. Hardly a "poster child" for the cheerleaders of CHL. It is an "example" of reality and the deficiency of the training.
This seems to be your modus operandi. . Originally Posted by WombRaider
There's no "seems" about it ... IT IS YOURS! Just like your twin .. UC.
Looking at the results of this "scientific poll," I've got to call bullshit.

So far 23 of you claimed to have used a gun to protect yourself or someone else.

Unless you're referring to military service, which is a stretch because I had an M-16 too and carried it to protect and defend, etc., then you're all a bunch of lunatics, liars I r hang out with the likes of George Zimmerman.

Why did you leave this "poll" open for a month, JDIdiot? Are you hoping for tragedy, disaster or a dramatic increase in reading level?

I'll buy two or three of you may have needed to show your weapon or even discharge it, but ECCIE sure fuels fantasies and fabrications, and you dipshits are a bunch of Quixotic dreamers.

BUUUUUULLLLLSHIT!
Did you answer my question about YOUR WRITTEN WORDS?

Since you've probably forgotten them by now, and obviously want to forget them: Originally Posted by LexusLover
I explained it. The fact that you can't understand it is your problem, not mine. Everyone is laughing at you and how stupid you are. Go take a shit in the corner and have a good cry.

Read post 108 dumbass.
  • shanm
  • 04-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Apparently, Idiotville is located hafway between the harlem ghetto and 1942 Germany.
Either this is the most irrelevant (to reality) poll I've ever seen or this board is populated with pathological liars.