If you found out your ATF had a pimp, would you still see her?

I think you may have hit a nerve on that one! Originally Posted by MrGiz
I don't know, maybe....
This thread may reveal why very few of the women we see are married or have a s.o. No lady should ever admit it, at least in a public forum. In addition to any personal privacy concerns on her end, it seems to be a big negative for roughly half of the posters to this thread. Just the possibility however remote that the s.o. is 'a pimp' is enough to keep many clients away from a provider in a ltr.

I like the above comment saying providers can have boyfriends/husbands if clients have wives.

However, there is an asymmetry here. Clients do not want their wives to know about providers, and providers also do not want the wives of clients to know about providers. Thus providers can count on clients, in general, not telling their wives the identity of providers (or whatever they know about that identity). It is not so clear that providers do not want their husband or boyfriend to know about clients. It is not so clear that providers can be counted on to keep the identity of clients a secret from their husband/boyfriend.

More succinctly: A married client and his provider are almost always of like minds in keeping the client's wife in the dark. A married provider and her client are not necessarily of like minds in keeping the provider's husband in the dark.

Thus clients typically admit if they are married or in a ltr, and providers, generally speaking, do not admit they are married or in a ltr.
no (that is to the original question)
I know a lot of girls who do not have 'actual pimps' by the definition of the word, like a stable of women ( although that was extremely common in brothels where many girls had the same pimp name tattooed all over their body) but I also define pimp as a husband or boyfriend who doesn't work at all and lives and is supported by his girlfirend or wife as a prostitute. I could never, ever begin to imagine working as a hooker to go and support my man, unless he found himself out of a job, but he better damn well find something to do so she won't have to work as a hooker. And I don't care how liberated people can be about 'well the man doesn't have to always be the bread winner." Maybe not, but it should be a partnership. If the woman works, then the man should work to and equally contribute.

So some of the girls who say they are indie often may not have traditional pimps but sometimes they have pimp boyfriends and husbands who live off them. And these girls usually don't reveal to their customers " Yes, my boyfriend/husband takes my money"
I know a lot of girls who do not have 'actual pimps' by the definition of the word, like a stable of women ( although that was extremely common in brothels where many girls had the same pimp name tattooed all over their body) but I also define pimp as a husband or boyfriend who doesn't work at all and lives and is supported by his girlfirend or wife as a prostitute. I could never, ever begin to imagine working as a hooker to go and support my man, unless he found himself out of a job, but he better damn well find something to do so she won't have to work as a hooker. And I don't care how liberated people can be about 'well the man doesn't have to always be the bread winner." Maybe not, but it should be a partnership. If the woman works, then the man should work to and equally contribute.

So some of the girls who say they are indie often may not have traditional pimps but sometimes they have pimp boyfriends and husbands who live off them. And these girls usually don't reveal to their customers " Yes, my boyfriend/husband takes my money" Originally Posted by alluringava
I'm going old school and am going to give that a +1