In the Dark Recesses of the Human Mind

Just an aside, you do know that Ford does most of its manufacturing in Mexico, right? And the most American made car? The Toyota Camry.

If you want to support American manufacturing, buy a Toyota or Honda.
Like Brazil, I believe we should fight in self-defense (including on behalf of Israel, of course) only. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
"SELF" defense includes Israel? Do you not understand what the word "self' means?

Self defense means defending ONLY our own country - not even Mexico or Canada - let alone Israel.
What "freedom" did "we" just give up in Boston ....

...other than the "freedom" to be blown to shit when we go to watch a marathon?
It is sad that you cannot fix stupid. I guess everyone has the "FREEDOM" to think what they wish, but "FREEDOM" also carries the responsibility of being informed.

My personal opinion: There is NO ONE in the Boston area that feels anything except gratitude for the efforts of Law Enforcement. The situation WAS very dangerous; the unknowns were many and had grave possibilities. Keeping the streets and transportation systems closed down for a relatively brief period allowed a much higher likelihood of keeping the suspects corraled and ultimately catching up with them. The brothers DID have more bombs and obviously intended to use them. They had firearms and intended to use them.

I do not even see the brief shut down as a cost of FREEDOM - it is a cost of existence. Areas shut down for hurricanes. Areas are shut down for tornados, blizzards, floods, fires, etc. It is an unfortunate part of our being.

The authorities did not impose on anyone's FREEDOM. The authorities took steps to minimize harm and probably saved lives.
Anyone who suggests otherwise should reexamine their cognitive abilities.

Old Dingus
The authorities did not impose on anyone's FREEDOM. The authorities took steps to minimize harm and probably saved lives.[/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3]Anyone who suggests otherwise should reexamine their cognitive abilities. Originally Posted by Old Dingus
I paraphrase:

"If you don't agree with me, you can't think."

This person is not qualified to speak of freedom.
Just an aside, you do know that Ford does most of its manufacturing in Mexico, right? And the most American made car? The Toyota Camry.

If you want to support American manufacturing, buy a Toyota or Honda. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It does get a little convoluted, doesn't it! Lexi are made in Japan, though.
"SELF" defense includes Israel? Do you not understand what the word "self' means?

Self defense means defending ONLY our own country - not even Mexico or Canada - let alone Israel. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Defense of Israel is defense of the interests of the USA. Technically, you are correct, though perhaps a tad provincial.
Defense of Israel is defense of the interests of the USA. Technically, you are correct, though perhaps a tad provincial. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Is someone advocating isolationism for the future of this country?

Or is the defense of the U.S. going to be a "maginot" line around the perimeter to stop the impending invasion?
[QUOTE=JohnnyCap;1052737541]I paraphrase:

"If you don't agree with me, you can't think."

QUOTE]

That is not what I said. apparently you make my point for me.

Old Dingus
  • WTF
  • 04-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Nobody is invading the USofA. Militarily 9/11 and Boston are nothing. If we weren't such a chickenshit society wanting the government to protect us from everything we would not over react to things like this.
As shocking as it will be that I disagree, I suggest 9-11 WAS SOMETHING.

As for isolationism, it is time to cut back on our funding the world for everything.

Old Dingus
Supposedly freedom loving people defending police state tactics. It's like the Stockholm syndrome. The government closed down a major city to "protect" the citizens from one teenager. And the people thank them for it.
Supposedly freedom loving people defending police state tactics. It's like the Stockholm syndrome. The government closed down a major city to "protect" the citizens from one teenager. And the people thank them for it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
While it may be wrong to give you attention by responding, I shall.

You seem to be alone in defining this as "police state tactics." The vast majority does not share your view. Are you suggesting they are all wrong and you are correct?

It was not "one teenager." There were believed to be two terrorists, who had killed three and severely wounded a couple hundred more. It was unknown, but reasonable to believe taht there were others acting in concert with the two known terrorists.

There was every reson to believe the two known terrorists were armed and dangerous. To not presume this would be ridiculous. The terrorists were resonably believed (or perhaps known at that time) to be at large in the neighborhoods or on University campus.

There are no comparisons to Stockholm Syndrome as it is known.

The Founding Fathers had laws and believed in law enforcement. Like it or not, you are protected by those laws.

Old Dingus
  • WTF
  • 04-24-2013, 10:21 AM
As shocking as it will be that I disagree, I suggest 9-11 WAS SOMETHING.

As for isolationism, it is time to cut back on our funding the world for everything.

Old Dingus Originally Posted by Old Dingus
Not from a military standpoint. That is what I said, reread what I wrote. I agree, with you on quit being the world's police force, we can not afford it and it seems to be thankless