Zeke Suspended for 6 Games.. are the Cowboys Fucked This Year?

• grean
  • 11-06-2017, 08:13 AM
If Zeke can keep juking the courts (in other words, not serve out the bogus suspension this season) Dallas is good enough to go 6-2 5-3 the second half of the schedule.

Speaking of which.....the schedule reads as follows:

@ Atlanta (4-4)
Philadelphia (8-1)
LA Chargers (3-5)
Washington (4-4)
@NY giants (1-7)
@Oakland (4-5)
Seattle (5-3)
@Philadelphia (8-1) Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Who shows up on Sunday is beginning to be my biggest concern. I think if the team that did yesterday does for these other teams, we have a decent shot of making the playoffs.

If not for a stupid penalty and a fucking ridiculously improbable TD by the chiefs right before the half, the boys trampled the chiefs on the score board.

Did the chefs just not prepare or care because it was dallas?

Out of the above games, I'm worried hubris will get the best of the boys for NY and Washington...

I hope the chiefs gave them enough confidence to realize they can contend with any team as long as the Dallas Cowboys show up.
Yup I was wrong Shocked the hell out of me, LOL
  • grean
  • 11-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Yup I was wrong Shocked the hell out of me, LOL Originally Posted by rexdutchman
I sure wasn't going to bet against you, though!
[QUOTE=grean;1060154243]

Out of the above games, I'm worried hubris will get the best of the boys for NY and Washington...

QUOTE]

Washington looked relevant again yesterday mustering up a W in Seattle...no easy task. That said, no need to worry about the giants anymore. That team has become roadkill.

• grean
  • 11-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Yahoo sports has this week's game called for Falcons 27-24 which is about the same as how CBS is calling it.

Does anyone know status of Bryant's sprain? Unless 100% this sunday, shouldn't he sit so he can be active for Eagles, a division game?

Bets on Elliot's suspension status on game day?
Speaking of which.....the schedule reads as follows:

@ Atlanta (4-4)
Philadelphia (8-1) <<<<< guess who that 1 loss was to?
LA Chargers (3-5)
Washington (4-4)
@NY giants (1-7)
@Oakland (4-5)
Seattle (5-3)
@Philadelphia (8-1) Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
i don't see anyone that can give the cowboys any trouble except maybe Atlanta.
Philly hasn't played anyone good yet except KC. lol
I thought seattle and oakland started out pretty good but not any more.

CG
Yahoo sports has this week's game called for Falcons 27-24 which is about the same as how CBS is calling it.

Does anyone know status of Bryant's sprain? Unless 100% this sunday, shouldn't he sit so he can be active for Eagles, a division game?

Bets on Elliot's suspension status on game day? Originally Posted by grean

Bryant is day-to-day (I know....we all are, right?)

We'll know more come Friday per the buzz coming out of Frisco today. Speaking of injuries, word has it T Will (coming off that huge game) is looking good (however....Tyron Smith's groin could be dicey though...this is a dude who could use another week prior to Philly me thinks...)

That said, IMHO, getting a W versus an NFC conference foe would work to our advantage (for tie-breaker purposes).

Atlanta is currently 4-4 and in 3rd place in the NFC South. A win against them puts us 2 games up on the Falcons. Once that's accomplished then we worry about the Eagles the following week but not before.....

Yahoo Sports and CBS ought to look at the recent scores of some of ATL's games before forecasting anything. Take a look (for the record, the Falcons have lost 4 of their last 5):

vs Bills (L) 23-17
vs Dolphins (L) 20-17
vs Patriots (L) 23-7
vs Jets (W) 25-20
vs Panthers (W) 20-17

Three of the four losses, Atlanta couldn't even muster anything past 17 points.

Considering the Cowboys are scoring almost 32 ppg (since being blown out game two in Denver), I like their chances of putting up more than what Yahoo Sports sez. Or are they basing that final score on Zeke being absent come game time....hmmm?
  • grean
  • 11-09-2017, 11:19 AM
At 2PM EST, in other words in less than 45 minutes, the fate of the Cowboys season will be decided.

Maybe Goodell will drop the issue to keep his job. Jones is reasonable, after all.
Suspended again.

Now what happens if they rule in favor of zeke I the trial. How does he get the games he missed back?
[UPDATE] Ezekiel Elliott loses in court, emergency motion denied, suspension back on

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...dallas-cowboys

https://sports.yahoo.com/ezekiel-ell...204645918.html

CG
Once the dust settles on all of this (looking ahead) I cannot wait for the reception one, Roger Goodell, receives as he steps to the podium to announce the beginning of The 2018 NFL Draft scheduled to be held atThe Star in Frisco next spring. Food for thought: Roger might want to ask the governor to send over the Texas National Guard for security purposes.....

Ooops, sorry.....wrong gif...my bad.

Here we are.......

I was just thinking how cool it would be if Jerry Jones hired the Texas National Guard or the local police officers or sheriff's department to make sure Mr. Goddell us not allowed to set foot at the Star at Frisco or at the AT&T Stadium during next year's draft ..... and with instructions to have him arrested should he try to do so ..... either that or make the draft an "invitation only" affair and Jerry makes sure Goddell doesn't get one .....now THAT would make the show a lot more entertaining! .....
Wow the boys looked BAD Sunday ,
  • grean
  • 11-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Wow the boys looked BAD Sunday , Originally Posted by rexdutchman
They did, but it wasn't all on the players.

I'm not sure how the coaching staff justified leaving the backup left tackle in so long and failed to give him help with a TE or even a fullback. Those fools let Clayborn almost beat an NFL record!

Witton is an awesome blocker! Clayborn can't be so good to get around both....

Garrett has some explaining to do. They had a number of options but chose instead to get their QB laid out time and time again.

The LT wasn't getting the job done. He had concrete in his shoes.

Dak had no protection. If Dak has to carry the team, you have to protect him.

I put yesterday all on the coaches. They knew this could happe with Elliott. They knew this was happening. They knew well ahead of the game they needed to have a solution.

They just took a huge shit on themselves.
i don't see anyone that can give the cowboys any trouble except maybe Atlanta.
Philly hasn't played anyone good yet except KC. lol
I thought seattle and oakland started out pretty good but not any more.

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0
INJURIES .... INJURIES ... INJURIES

We have MANY key players that are OUT.
We have MANY key players that are Questionable.

11/12/17 K Dan Bailey Groin OUT
11/12/17 LB Justin Durant Coach's Decision OUT
11/12/17 RB Ezekiel Elliott Suspension SUSPEND
11/12/17 LB Justin March-Lillard Coach's Decision OUT
11/12/17 DL Daniel Ross Coach's Decision OUT
01/06/17 DL Randy Gregory Suspension SUSPEND

Tyron Smith T Back Questionable
Maliek Collins DT Foot Questionable
Chidobe Awuzie CB Hamstring Questionable
Dez Bryant WR Knee Questionable
Geoff Swaim TE Knee Questionable

Bottom line:
we can't afford to lose more than 2 more games out of the final 7
which will give us a 10-6 and a wild card spot. 9-7 will give us a possible wild card spot.
We need philly to lose a few games. We could start that trend by beating them next week.
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES O/U 48 (-110) -3.5 @ DALLAS COWBOYS +3.5
^^^^^^ this game will determine the rest of our season.

CG