Zimmerman request Paula Deen to serve on his jury

• WTF
  • 06-27-2013, 03:44 PM
I simply consider the "source" ... and move on.

But keep trying to find your much needed company to affirm you are not alone in your deep seeded bias, prejudice, and racism.

I don't acknowledge that which I am not. Whether you do was up to you. You have admitted you are. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Sure you aren't. Or maybe you just do not realize it? I vote the latter.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...e-bit-racist-0

The implication is clear. We may all be racist and sexist and ageist at heart, but this is not our doing—we have merely internalized what we have been hearing and reading and seeing our whole life, that is, we are thirsty sponges, and we pick up the patterns that culture happily spoonfeeds us, and we haplessly store it all in our thirsty memory banks, gladly retrieving the connection and filling in the blanks.
One conclusion from this study is clear. For most of us, the racist/sexist/ageist inside us may not be a monster of our own making; s/he is not a reflection of who we are, but a reflection of where we've been. Being faster to associate ‘black' with ‘violence' doesn't imply that you are a hardcore racist, it sadly just means you're American.
This conclusion is both reassuring and sad.
Reassuring, because now we can understand why we are all a little bit racist (and sexist, and ageist). And understanding is half the battle against it.