Trump’s hijacking of the Fourth of July just got a lot uglier

Can't get off that innocent flub about Shermans. As is being talked about today, it was a commercial for recruitment. Just when the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds showed up at an air show. Young people only see make believe soldiers in movies. They need to see the real thing and understand how they came to be. I recall the Gulf War when John Roberts was embedded with the troops. The NYC anchor told him to keep his head down and listen to what the "old man" tells him. Roberts said the "old man" was 26 years old. That's what the military can do with most people. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
"Old Man" is a term of respect and endearment for a technically and professionally competent military commander of ground forces and age 26 most likely a company commander.
  • oeb11
  • 07-05-2019, 04:39 PM
I have no idea what Animal House has to do with the OP. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

Prelude to the parade scene at end of movie - a classic.
Thank You - Sen Blutarsky!
"Old Man" is a term of respect and endearment for a technically and professionally competent military commander of ground forces and age 26 most likely a company commander. Originally Posted by Whisky_1
You're kind of a noob aren't you? This "old man" was a noncom, probably a staff sergeant. I served and you obviously didn't. By the way, I was the navy equivalent of a staff sergeant at 24. You know what you can do with your "term of respect and endearment".
You're kind of a noob aren't you? This "old man" was a noncom, probably a staff sergeant. I served and you obviously didn't. By the way, I was the navy equivalent of a staff sergeant at 24. You know what you can do with your "term of respect and endearment". Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Well, good for you! My military experience obviously was significantly different than yours.
  • oeb11
  • 07-06-2019, 08:37 AM
DPST's - since you are in such a dither about "Airports" - refer the matter to Schiff and Nadler for deliberation - to add to the "Crimes" they hold in their McCarthyite sweaty little hands - but refuse to divulge or bring to the house for deliberation.
Pelosi and Schumer can call for legislation criminalizing revisionist History - Oops- they do not wish to point the finger at themselves, now do they???

- Same quality of DPST BS!!!