For All You Guys That Think All Leaks Come From WK's

• Old-T
  • 05-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Interesting reading. I missed all the fun.

I found it quite entertaining to see all the references to the guidelines. Guidelines Rick broke repeatedly in the same thread...for which I surmise was the cause of his ban.

One would assume so, but who knows. The fact that he flaunted his violations and thumbed his nose at the mods certainly couldn't help his case. He clearly thinks he is above the rules for some reason.

And the continual disrespect shown to site members by several.. including you Whispers. Whore is a derogatory and disrespectful word by any definition. It's a word you love to use and you use it so repeatedly that it must not just be on purpose, but WITH purpose.

Whatever else he is, Whispers is smart. He knows how far he can go without crossing the line, and if the line adjusts, he will to. But no matter where it is set he will be able to get his POV across, and be caustic (very caustic) when he wants to be. I obviously do not agree with everything he says, but I do have to admire his way with words.

begs the question, why do you hate women so much?

From his posts I don't think he hates women. I think he sees them as inferior to himself. But then in one way or another I think he sees most people that way. There is a definite "speaking from the thrown" tone in what he posts, and he does seem to appreciate the adulation from some of the masses. There is nothing inherently wrong with a bit of ego, but anyone who doesn't think he has a healthy dose is deluding themselves.

Personally I think the 'rules' were written to dance the fine line of blatantly saying right before you ask for someones credit card number, prostitutes over here, Johns over there. So they milded it down to 'males' and our 'female members'.

Really should be changed to hobbyest and provider... and would take the programming genius of a hamster to make that change if the owners wished to.

Of course it should be. In too many areas we use "tradition" to keep justifying poorly thought out rules. I strongly suspect 20 or so years ago when the rule was first thought of, the people who did had a mindset--conscious or not--that "men are clients, women are providers". But we stay slave to that overly simplistic imperfect rule--especially those who find it helps their POV.

finally, anyone who thinks anything is private on this board is deluded. massively deluded...

Amen.

Cheers.. when will Rick be back by the way i wonder.. he had quite the temper tantrum insulting people. /chuckle Originally Posted by budman33
Do you really believe he isn't already back? He takes immense pride in outsmarting the multiple handle screening.

If he can exercise an ounce of restraint he'd be wise to zip it until the time out is lifted.

As I recall from his past handles it never takes long before something pisses him off and he exposes himself. Originally Posted by Windinhishair
People who combine a short fuse, an overly developed sense that they are "special", and a supporting cast that goads them on rarely change.
Interesting reading. I missed all the fun.

I found it quite entertaining to see all the references to the guidelines. Guidelines Rick broke repeatedly in the same thread...for which I surmise was the cause of his ban.

Nope.... something totally unrelated...... No one is bailing out the wusses here by muzzling the dogs they provoke...

And the continual disrespect shown to site members by several.. including you Whispers. Whore is a derogatory and disrespectful word by any definition. It's a word you love to use and you use it so repeatedly that it must not just be on purpose, but WITH purpose.

begs the question, why do you hate women so much? I don't.

Personally I think the 'rules' were written to dance the fine line of blatantly saying right before you ask for someones credit card number, prostitutes over here, Johns over there. So they milded it down to 'males' and our 'female members'.

Really should be changed to hobbyest and provider... and would take the programming genius of a hamster to make that change if the owners wished to.

finally, anyone who thinks anything is private on this board is deluded. massively deluded...

Cheers.. when will Rick be back by the way i wonder.. in a few weeks....... he had quite the temper tantrum insulting people. /chuckle Originally Posted by budman33

temper tantrum? I don't think so.... He's just being himself....
  • Old-T
  • 05-18-2015, 10:11 PM
I would be very disappointed if Rock's vacation had nothing to do with his personal attacks. In that case, the rules about " no personal attacks" might as well be deleted. Are their rules, or not? Or do they exist for some posters but not others? I would be curious to hear a mod's answer. I guess I may be one of those naive people who actually believes the rules when I read them.
I would be very disappointed if Rock's vacation had nothing to do with his personal attacks.

It was fairly well explained in the Houston Effect thread WHY personal attacks are loosely moderated if at all in some situations. I asked him and received a reason I find easy to believe knowing him

In that case, the rules about " no personal attacks" might as well be deleted. Are their rules, or not?

Not... There are guidelines.... but we are beating a dead horse trying to explain them to you.

Or do they exist for some posters but not others? They exist for all.

I would be curious to hear a mod's answer. I guess I may be one of those naive people who actually believes the rules when I read them. Originally Posted by Old-T

You are not the first to believe they understand something they do not.
I honestly can't believe I just read all eight pages of this crap. Fuck, I have got to get a life.

Ah'm jus' h'yar fer tha tossedt salad. Hold tha ranch dressin'.

Fer now.

• Old-T
  • 05-19-2015, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Whispers
There are many things I acknowledge I do not understand. But as I said above, I wish to hear from the local mods their interpretation. Yes, I read the "Houston effect", and all it says is that some folks there are given licence to insult.

You clearly advocate that as a good thing.

Sometimes. Your specific example from a few days ago also specifilly gave an example where you said points should be given out, at least to women, for significantly less hostile speech than some of Rock's.

So what I am asking the mods is what the rules/guidelines/suggestions/hints/triggers are. If I throw back RR's own phrases back at him in the same loving way he uses them, what will happen? Just a simple question that too often gets a less than simple answer. Too often the answer turns out to be essentially "he's one of the Boys so it's OK", but not for "outsiders". Ofthe laughable baseball bbeanbag approach--the first guy gets to fire away, and when the other retaliated he is tossed.

You likely think that kind of "selective enforcement" (also known as bias) is a good thing. I consider it wrong.

So again, I as the mods here THEIR interpretation. Just in case I care to call someone a claiming bigoted asshole in the future, is that acceptable here?
  • Old-T
  • 05-19-2015, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Whispers
There are many things I acknowledge I do not understand. But as I said above, I wish to hear from the local mods their interpretation. Yes, I read the "Houston effect", and all it says is that some folks there are given licence to insult.

You clearly advocate that as a good thing.

Sometimes. Your specific example from a few days ago also specifilly gave an example where you said points should be given out, at least to women, for significantly less hostile speech than some of Rock's.

So what I am asking the mods is what the rules/guidelines/suggestions/hints/triggers are. If I throw RR's own phrases back at him in the same loving way he uses them, what will happen? Just a simple question that too often gets a less than simple answer. Too often the answer turns out to be essentially "he's one of the Boys so it's OK", but not for "outsiders". Ofthe laughable baseball beanball approach--the first guy gets to fire away, and when the other retaliated he is tossed.

You likely think that kind of "selective enforcement" (also known as bias) is a good thing. I consider it wrong.

So again, I as the mods here THEIR interpretation. Just in case I care to call someone a flaming bigoted asshole in the future, is that acceptable here?
Whispers is fucking with you. Rick absolutely pulled a ban from very specific and directed insults in that thread. I'm sure he pulled a warning, then points, then ban ... he basically had a meltdown. Then probably melted down at a mod when they told him he drew points... and voila... Timeout corner.

Stop feeding the troll and maybe he'll retreat under his bridge for a little while