New CBO numbers: Obamacare will cost the US 2.5 million jobs

Hey, Junior. If you want to live like a pauper and leech off the government, then knock yourself out.

If you'd rather live in poverty so you can receive Medicaiid then we'll all be paying for you.

Sure, I'm OK with that. Just like I am for paying your parent's social security. Or LLIdiot's Medicare, or Simplejacks's disability. ,

what's your point? You think this is gaming the system? then you're as pathetic as you are ignorant, Junior.

Get some food stamps while you're at it. maybe Yinz can find some coal mining hookers who'll take em from you.

Or better yet, do like the Buddist monks did in the Viet Name era. Soak yourself in gasoline and make a point.. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Did you say something, Yappy Rider?

Nobody making over 50k plus is going to decide to make only 20k because of government subsidy in health insurance.... Originally Posted by WTF
Is that what the CBO report says, you dumbfuck? By what mechanism does the CBO forecast work will be reduced by the equivalent of 2.3 million full-time jobs? You don't even understand the CBO report, do you moron? You're too stupid even to grasp the main conclusion! Why don't you study the CBO report, fagboy. Then when you're ready, come on back here and take a quiz. If you pass, we'll let you continue to comment on this thread.
Hey, Junior. If you want to live like a pauper and leech off the government, then knock yourself out.

If you'd rather live in poverty so you can receive Medicaid then we'll all be paying for you.

Sure, I'm OK with that. Just like I am for paying your parent's social security. Or LLIdiot's Medicare, or Simplejacks's disability.

what's your point? You think this is gaming the system? then you're as pathetic as you are ignorant, Junior.

Get some food stamps while you're at it... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Gee whiz, assup. I thought you liked Odumbocare. So why do you call me a "leech" for merely taking advantage of it and adjusting my behavior in a rational way? I'm not gaming the system. I'm just doing what those smart social engineers who designed the ACA incentivized me to do. Does that make me a "leech"? Why don't you congratulate me instead of dissing me? You bragged about how Odumbocare is saving you money - does that make you a "leech" too? You seem quite conflicted about whether Odumbocare is a good thing. Turning people into "leeches" isn't good, is it? I sure hope you can sort this all out and make up your mind.

Oh, by the way - SS, Medicare and SSDI are for people no longer in the work force who paid taxes into those programs while they were working. But such nuances are lost on you, aren't they dipshit?
The numbers upon which the unemployment rate is established is based on full time employees who have full time jobs at the time of the polling. Should I be more specific.

Now .. if want to argue that the current unemployment rates INCLUDE part-time employees, MEANING that the rate of unemployment is based upon the FULL TIME and PART-TIME employees added together .... be my guest!!!!!

Then we can pull out the UNDER-EMPLOYED numbers and get a real rate. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Here is a link. Besides the official rate (U-3), the BLS tracks 5 other rates that measure or include under-employment.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

Here is a 10-year chart:

http://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate

Keep in mind that the BLS under-employment numbers only include those working part-time "for economic reasons" (which means they want to work full-time). The CBO report estimates the impact of people choosing to quit their jobs/reduce their hours VOLUNTARILY due to the perverse incentives of Obamacare. These voluntary drop-outs won't be counted as unemployed or under-employed by the BLS.
  • Doove
  • 02-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Gee whiz, assup. I thought you liked Odumbocare. So why do you call me a "leech" for merely taking advantage of it and adjusting my behavior in a rational way? I'm not gaming the system. I'm just doing what those smart social engineers who designed the ACA incentivized me to do. Originally Posted by lustylad
Tell ya what, when you cut your income in half to spite those of us who believe in Obamacare, you come and let us know.

We'll enjoy the laugh.
  • Doove
  • 02-09-2014, 03:44 PM
These voluntary drop-outs won't be counted as unemployed or under-employed by the BLS. Originally Posted by lustylad
Neither will the people who replace them. Sounds like a double-suck for you, huh?
Tell ya what, when you cut your income in half to spite those of us who believe in Obamacare, you come and let us know.

We'll enjoy the laugh. Originally Posted by Doove
+1

Truth be known, he is probably stupid enough to make good on his threat. I hope that he follows through!
  • Doove
  • 02-09-2014, 03:50 PM
+1

Truth be known, he is probably stupid enough to make good on his threat. I hope that he follows through! Originally Posted by bigtex
And so does the lucky bastard who will be hired to fill his hours. That part seems lost on him though.

We'll enjoy the laugh. Originally Posted by Doove
Why would I want to spite you, dimdoove? Far from it - I want to thank you for working hard to pick up the tab for me. I don't know how much it will be yet, but according to the CBO the average subsidy will be $5,510. Thank you, bro! I may be living in Florida during my 6 months off to avoid state income tax.
Besides the official rate (U-3), the BLS tracks 5 other rates that measure or include under-employment. . Originally Posted by lustylad
What is "tracked" is not material to the discussion of the rate of unemployment ..

... what is now being regurgitated into the intentional confusion is ......

the allegation some people WANT to quit their full time jobs so they won't HAVE TO have insurance ...

Really? And those people actually qualified for jobs so they can be "underemployed"?

Please give me a list of the posters on here who have claimed :...

"some people WANT to quit their full time jobs so they won't HAVE TO have insurance ...

and then .........give me a list of the posters on here who claim the BLS "tracks" them ....

. meaning tracks those who are intentionally underemployed ...

.............................. .............so they won't HAVE TO have insurance ...

One can find an embezzler when he finds confusion. All this juggling is smoke and mirrors.
  • Doove
  • 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Why would I want to spite you, dimdoove? Far from it - I want to thank you for working hard to pick up the tab for me. I don't know how much it will be yet, but according to the CBO the average subsidy will be $5,510. Thank you, bro! I may be living in Florida during my 6 months off to avoid state income tax. Originally Posted by lustylad
Be sure to keep us posted!
+1

Truth be known, he is probably stupid enough to make good on his threat. I hope that he follows through! Originally Posted by bigtex
Hey there littledix, if I am the stupid one then there are a lot of others following in my footsteps. The CBO says all of us stupid folks will suck the equivalent of 2.3 million full-time jobs out of the economy. Something about Obamacare makes a lot of people stupid, huh? Why is that?
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Why would I want to spite you, dimdoove? Far from it - I want to thank you for working hard to pick up the tab for me. I don't know how much it will be yet, but according to the CBO the average subsidy will be $5,510. Thank you, bro! I may be living in Florida during my 6 months off to avoid state income tax. Originally Posted by lustylad
Sounds like you are going to blow a bunch of Medicare dick's to subsidies you income.....don't let them cut in your anus. We don't want you catching anything while you are on vacation.
Gee whiz, assup. I thought you liked Odumbocare. So why do you call me a "leech" ...........

Oh, by the way - SS, Medicare and SSDI are for people no longer in the work force who paid taxes into those programs while they were working. But such nuances are lost on you, aren't they dipshit? Originally Posted by lustylad
Since he hasn't paid enough taxes to benefit from those programs, he wants t deflect to everyone else and call them a "leech" ... while he gets his "grant" money to buy insurance.

He's just trying to shift the hot lights in another direction. That's his "pre-existing condition"!

Sunburn from hot lights all these years. ACA is his lotion.
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Hey there littledix, if I am the stupid one then there are a lot of others following in my footsteps. The CBO says all of us stupid folks will suck the equivalent of 2.3 million full-time jobs out of the economy. Something about Obamacare makes a lot of people stupid, huh? Why is that? Originally Posted by lustylad
You do understand that they like you will be choosing not to work. Employers will have to hire more workers to do that work or pay higher wages. So it sounds like you are spinning this backwards. Had you said that productivity would be down....then you might be on to something.