Stephanè Hessel on Occupy Wallstreet "Find the time for outrage"

You are good at turning most of these threads into whine. I've no doubt when you're not whining here, you are whining somewhere else.
  • WTF
  • 12-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Damn, two some what witty posts in a row...you keep that up and I might buy you a drink.
Now you're just trying to get on my good side. Booze works.

• WTF
  • 12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Well , I'll get ya drunk and Olivia can take advantage of ya

Really? I LOVE YOU, MAN! Uh, but just as a friend, none of that brokeback stuff, you know.

• WTF
  • 12-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Well than quit sending me those pm's...you are leading me on!
LOL, that's not me sending them, Catnipdipper hacked my account.
Damnit!....missed it by this much! Originally Posted by WTF
Notable thing about Tiberius, Gaius, Spartacus, and even latter social martyrs like Thomas Müntzer – they all die. The rich oppressive guys win. You know what they say about martyrdom: it’s a dying business.

Tiberius was beaten to death with the chairs of the senators and thrown into the Tiber. Three hundred of his followers, who were waiting outside the senate, were similarly killed. Plutarch wrote, "Tiberius' death in the senate was short and quick. Although he was armed, it did not help him against the many senators of the day."

Gaius was chased down and also killed. Then he was beheaded, and his head was placed upon a spear for display and parade.

Spartacus is thought to have died in a great final battle, though he might have been among the 6,000 crucified along the Via Appia.

Thomas Müntzer was tortured and then beheaded.

Now I'm off to turn some water into wine, any of you jockers wanna join me?[IMG]file:///C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Originally Posted by WTF
Not I. My talents incline more towards turning wine into water.
  • WTF
  • 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Notable thing about Tiberius, Gaius, Spartacus, and even latter social martyrs like Thomas Müntzer – they all die. The rich oppressive guys win. You know what they say about martyrdom: it’s a dying business.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
What, the rich oppressive guys lived! ?

You know what? You're right, there will always be rich oppressive guys.

I have no idea why the Tea Party or OWS even bother.
Jesus was angry with the money changers because they were doing business in the temple. It was a desecration of the temple.

It's not clear whether he was angry because of the nature of the business they were doing. He might have been just as angry if they had been selling apples. Originally Posted by joe bloe
nah, he's was just mad becaause they were doing money changing business inside the temple or rather on the temple grounds (going inside was said to be forbidden and only the priests can actually go inside.)

I think he may have over-reacted as to where they were doing buisness. oh well.
Damnit!....missed it by this much! Originally Posted by WTF
Maxwell Smart, is that you????

• WTF
  • 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Maxwell Smart, is that you????

Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I can't say in public but let me finish having my way with 99 and call me on my shoe phone...

Spartacus is thought to have died in a great final battle, though he might have been among the 6,000 crucified along the Via Appia.

Not I. My talents incline more towards turning wine into water. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
if roman accounts are to be believed, they never found Spartacus among the dead on the battlefield or among the 6,000 captured and crucified. I personally think he escaped death. I'm sure they took names of the captured if they were looking for Spartacus. And someone like Spartacus would have been easily recognizable by those among the elites and generals who have seen him fight.

the Kirk Douglas movie didn't end quite like that, "I'm Spartacus" chorus.

hopefully, the blood & sands series would have a different ending than that. They guy who played Spartacus was really good, but he died of lymphoma cancer. another actor took his place.
if roman accounts are to be believed, they never found Spartacus among the dead on the battlefield or among the 6,000 captured and crucified. I personally think he escaped death. I'm sure they took names of the captured if they were looking for Spartacus. And someone like Spartacus would have been easily recognizable by those among the elites and generals who have seen him fight.

the Kirk Douglas movie didn't end quite like that, "I'm Spartacus" chorus.

hopefully, the blood & sands series would have a different ending than that. They guy who played Spartacus was really good, but he died of lymphoma cancer. another actor took his place. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I've been following the Spartacus series. That actor was young, in his early 30s.
I've been following the Spartacus series. That actor was young, in his early 30s. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
yup, damn shame. took him when he was in prime shape.