GOP Senators send a letter to Iran

You would be right behind us in line to be put against the wall. It's not that I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm just tired of us playing the role of the world's principal. You should actually do a little research. The majority of the Iranian population don't hate Americans. You're confusing the people with their government. It's an all or nothing proposition with you though.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2972677 Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
I imagine most Germans in 1943 really had nothing against the Americans either.

But they aided and abetted the most evil of Regimes.
if you were worth the time. You aren't. Originally Posted by LexusLover
There you go .... flattering yourself again. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I see I am still not worth your time!

Only an Idiot would believe that a guy has to flatter himself in order to get an Idiot to respond to his posts!
I see I am still not worth your time! Originally Posted by bigtex
Funny how you aren't worth his time, yet he always finds time to comment.
I imagine most Germans in 1943 really had nothing against the Americans either.

But they aided and abetted the most evil of Regimes. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Just a hypothetical exercise; why do you assume we're right? I'm interested to here the reasons.
Funny how you aren't worth his time, yet he always finds time to comment. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
What do you expect? He's an Idiot!
Same as giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
Same as giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I don't see how it isn't. 47 senators send a letter to the leader of a country they claim is our mortal enemy. They WARN him not to deal with Obama, because anything he negotiates can be overturned when he leaves office. It's unprecedented.
Those 47 senators need to be tried for Treason- they are lucky they are living in the USA- most other countries they would have been jailed or executed for treason.
I don't see how it isn't. 47 senators send a letter to the leader of a country they claim is our mortal enemy. They WARN him not to deal with Obama, because anything he negotiates can be overturned when he leaves office. It's unprecedented. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Not really. They told the Iranians that just because our President and his advisors are so naive and gullible as to trust a bunch of Religious Fanatics who have commandeered an entire Country, does not mean that all of the United States will follow in such assinine thinking.
Not really. They told the Iranians that just because our President and his advisors are so naive and gullible as to trust a bunch of Religious Fanatics who have commandeered an entire Country, does not mean that all of the United States will follow in such assinine thinking. Originally Posted by Jackie S
They addressed it TO the religious fanatics... I seem to remember that republicans got all over Obama over the pull out for tipping our hand. Now we are giving pointers on how to avoid a deal and keep moving forward with their nuclear program?

They don't trust the fucking Iranians, that's why we are trying to negotiate a deal that monitors them. Jesus Christ, how hard is that to understand? Do you honestly think he TRUSTS them? If we trusted them, why negotiate at all or worry what they are going to do with their nuclear program?
Those 47 senators need to be tried for Treason- they are lucky they are living in the USA- most other countries they would have been jailed or executed for treason. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Exactly. I keep hearing that we are losing our freedom. Here we have 47 senators who are way out of line and nothing will happen to them. I wonder if any of them realize that this forum wouldn't even be possible in China. Probably not.
From the Washington Post, an excellent point:

If Republican senators want to make the point that an Iran deal requires a treaty, they should make that case to the American people, not to the Iranians. Congress simply has no business conducting foreign policy with a foreign government, especially an adversarial one. Every Republican who pictures his or her feet up on the Resolute Desk should fear this precedent.
They addressed it TO the religious fanatics... I seem to remember that republicans got all over Obama over the pull out for tipping our hand. Now we are giving pointers on how to avoid a deal and keep moving forward with their nuclear program?

They don't trust the fucking Iranians, that's why we are trying to negotiate a deal that monitors them. Jesus Christ, how hard is that to understand? Do you honestly think he TRUSTS them? If we trusted them, why negotiate at all or worry what they are going to do with their nuclear program? Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
We have a VERY poor record of monitoring any of Iran's activities.
While we are hampered by the legalities of an agreement, they will simply continue with their program away from the prying eyes of inspectors.

I can see it all unfolding. We will be complaining that we are not being allowed to see everything, and they will flood the airways with anti-American propaganda about how they are complying 100%. We will complain to the UN, some naive Ambassador will assure us that the Iranians will NOW comply. They will keep building.

In reality, the ship has already sailed. We, or somebody, should have take out Irans entire nuclear program years ago. But nobody had the will to do it.

Now we are trying to negotiate with the hopes that they won't advance any further and actually build a Fission Bomb.

In the near future, we will be negotiating with the hope that they don't use their Fission Bomb.

As has been said many times before, if we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it's mistakes.

Foe some reason, we think we are immune from this fact.
Jack you may as well be talking to a stone wall
We have a VERY poor record of monitoring any of Iran's activities.
While we are hampered by the legalities of an agreement, they will simply continue with their program away from the prying eyes of inspectors.

In reality, the ship has already sailed. We, or somebody, should have take out Irans entire nuclear program years ago. But nobody had the will to do it.

Now we are trying to negotiate with the hopes that they won't advance any further and actually build a Fission Bomb.

In the near future, we will be negotiating with the hope that they don't use their Fission Bomb.

As has been said many times before, if we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it's mistakes.

Foe some reason, we think we are immune from this fact. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Our record might be poor but they've been at it for years and still don't have a bomb. With the help of the UK and Canada, we went from no bomb to dropping bombs in 6 years. And that was over 60 years ago. And that was without a blueprint. I'm not saying they wouldn't use one for dastardly purposes, but they're obviously either having trouble making it happen or it's not really what they're after, seeing as how they've had a nuclear program since the late 50's/early 60's. Several IAEA reports indicate they haven't progressed much if at all since 2003. If they agree to full UN inspections and work with foreign representatives in their nuclear industry, which they have indicated they would do, I don't really see what other path we have. They feel they have the right to enrich uranium on their soil for energy purposes. And here's the thing that most lay people don't understand; going from nuclear energy to a nuclear bomb is a very complicated process. Nuclear energy is at best 2-4 percent fissile material. To build a weapon, you need almost pure fissile material, usually more than 90 percent. That's the gulf between reactor grade and weapons grade. This is a good article on just how hard it is to build a device based either on uranium or plutonium.

http://www.livescience.com/5752-hard...r-weapons.html