Nike salutes Kap’s courage with its 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” campaign.

Ironic isn't it? Colin wears the name of a fictional slave on his chest while around the world nameless slaves make his shoes. I wonder who made his the shirt?

Again, the revolution will be televised, but first a word from our sponsors.

When President Trump starts negotiating the trade deal with China, shit is gonna storm.
Ironic isn't it? Colin wears the name of a fictional slave on his chest while around the world nameless slaves make his shoes. I wonder who made his the shirt?

Again, the revolution will be televised, but first a word from our sponsors. Originally Posted by gnadfly
you know, when roots was shown on tv, I think it brought us all closer together

I think it had something to do with truth winning and affecting people

in this age the protests aren't built on the same universal objective truth and it tears us apart

in addition to the protests being actions taken at the wrong moment for supposed unrelated "injustices"

Again, the revolution will be televised, but first a word from our sponsors.

When President Trump starts negotiating the trade deal with China, shit is gonna storm. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Kaepernick is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jim

Kaepernick is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jim

Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
He sort of looks like a 3rd (4th?) world dictator.

Who'd a thunk it would take only one out of work football player to take people's minds off the willful destruction of Western Civilization and American values going on right under their noses!

Yeah, you're right, Jim. Kaepernick IS the gift that keeps on giving!

Nike is betting on black and winning. This isn't a mom and pop company, as you've so thoroughly pointed out. They knew exactly what they were doing, weighted the pluses and minuses and took their shot.

After all, why should Trump be the only one benefiting from racial divisiveness?

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

nice, lobo's head gets blown off by a brain bomb in Justice league vs. suicide squad.
Who'd a thunk it would take only one out of work football player to take people's minds off the willful destruction of Western Civilization and American values going on right under their noses!

Yeah, you're right, Jim. Kaepernick IS the gift that keeps on giving!

Nike is betting on black and winning. This isn't a mom and pop company, as you've so thoroughly pointed out. They knew exactly what they were doing, weighted the pluses and minuses and took their shot.

After all, why should Trump be the only one benefiting from racial divisiveness?

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Nike is a deep state enterprise with over 700 factories in 45 different countries mostly in Asia who take advantage and profit from child labor. Kaepernick is Nike's tool. Nike knows this little gig won't last long so they enticed Kaepernick with a ridiculous amount of money. Kaepernick obviously took the bait. He wouldn't have participated in Nike's nonsensical campaign for anything less than what he's getting because he really doesn't believe in his cause to begin with. Anyone who thinks they are winners here knows nothing about winning.

Jim
A lot of accusations against Nike. How about a reality check.

Now, Nike finds itself more often at the top of lists for sustainable companies, particularly within its sector. It appears in the top ten of the Fortune Most Admired Companies list. Its commitment to improving its environmental impact, providing transparency about its processes, and ensuring decent working conditions in its supply chain, have turned the tide of public perception.
"
Now the company is more often to be found on the front foot when it comes to matters of integrity. For instance, when boxer Manny Pacquiao recently made anti-gay comments during a media interview, Nike dissolved its partnership with him the very next day, labelling his comments “abhorrent.”

The company’s turnaround has become one of the success stories of corporate integrity in the last two decades."

http://mallenbaker.net/article/clear...gard-to-leader
Deep state enterprise, Jim?

And, after disparaging Kaepernick for a good 24 hours, he’s now the victim of the deep state?

Marketing? Advertising?

Shares of a Nike back up today, btw.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! !
Deep state enterprise, Jim?

And, after disparaging Kaepernick for a good 24 hours, he’s now the victim of the deep state?

Marketing? Advertising?

Shares of a Nike back up today, btw.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
That's pretty much it. Of course Nike isn't the only company that has made their fortune exclusively from slave labor overseas, Wal-Mart, Under Armor, just to name a few extra. But Nike has taken things a bit further with Kaepernick by featuring him on an ad. A company that markets sporting good apparel featuring a washed up athlete who protests against oppression and racism by a company that profits from it. That's a hell of a strategy.

Jim
A lot of accusations against Nike. How about a reality check.

Now, Nike finds itself more often at the top of lists for sustainable companies, particularly within its sector. It appears in the top ten of the Fortune Most Admired Companies list. Its commitment to improving its environmental impact, providing transparency about its processes, and ensuring decent working conditions in its supply chain, have turned the tide of public perception.
"
Now the company is more often to be found on the front foot when it comes to matters of integrity. For instance, when boxer Manny Pacquiao recently made anti-gay comments during a media interview, Nike dissolved its partnership with him the very next day, labelling his comments “abhorrent.”

The company’s turnaround has become one of the success stories of corporate integrity in the last two decades."

http://mallenbaker.net/article/clear...gard-to-leader
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
What sweat shop was that Fortune poll taken? My guess is that Nike sells its shoes in Muslim countries where homosexuality is criminalized. Yeah, some leader.
so since you owe neither Nike nor K anything, then everything you say must be true? That is good to know. I also don't owe either of them anything, so you should accept anything I post as true as well. Originally Posted by Old-T
Nice twist.

Jim

Nike is betting on black and winning. This isn't a mom and pop company, as you've so thoroughly pointed out. They knew exactly what they were doing, weighted the pluses and minuses and took their shot. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
With all due respect and without suggesting any derogatory or insulting insinuations ....

.... would you be so kind as to reveal the source of your analysis (without revealing any RW identities of course) as to the "mindset" and "internal thought process" of the "they" with respect to "Nike" and their weighing" of the "pluses and minuses" while taking "their shot"?

Did they discuss the immediate plunge their stock would take?

As of close today it didn't move much off the slight gains from the bounce yesterday .... I'm reminded of Hershey when it's new ad agency recommended changing the wrapper paper from the dull finish to the slick one .... before about 89% of the candy bar market ... afterwards ... bounced around 30% ... The Hershey decision was no-doubt "discussed" before it was approved! Political agendas are a poor business decision.

Just ask HillariousNoMore!
It is my opinion, LL, based on my working knowledge of such things.

Take it any way you want.

But without revealing any RW identities, I’ll simply say that it’s not based on whimsy or political ideology but science.
What sweat shop was that Fortune poll taken? My guess is that Nike sells its shoes in Muslim countries where homosexuality is criminalized. Yeah, some leader. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Great. Then we should boycott all products likewise marketed, right?

Have at it, gnadfly.