Okay, lets really talk about the latest airliner to go down.

WHICH government, LLIdiot? Are you implying that this is somehow the United States government is involved in suppressing information on this Indonesian search effort? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I would never suggest or imply for one second that YOUR PRESIDENT would hide anything from the U.S. citizens or distort what is known by the Administration on any subject matter. Back to reality.
JMaybe by then LexusLover will have installed gps on all the planes from his cell phone apps! Originally Posted by WTF
Grow Up!
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Let me very clear: I said repeatedly the hardware and software exits. You claimed it cost $100,000 ..... to install "tracking" ... I said bullshit. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes, yes I did.

I heard where that set up cost around 100k to install and maintain per plane.

So do you think our government should mandate that cost to all airlines? Originally Posted by WTF
This currently available technology costs no more than $100,000 to install — a paltry sum on jets that airlines buy for anywhere between $40 million and $200 million.

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2023134658_airplanesflighttrac kingxml.html Originally Posted by WTF
[/SIZE] Why the fuck don't you do some research before spouting off? Here , I've done it for you Mr. No Cost Analysis.[/SIZE]

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/what-real-time-tracking-why-dont-airplanes-use-it-n94991

Q: What is real-time tracking and how is it different than systems currently being used?
A: A traditional flight-data recorder is like an old-fashioned tape recorder; you record something, then play it back later and decide what’s valuable and what isn’t. Real-time data tracking means you’re getting continuous data streaming from thousands of data points from an aircraft’s computers.

Q: What role does cost play?
A: It currently costs around $75,000 to install a [maintenance-tracking] system per aircraft. The cost to stream that data is about $3 per minute. If you’re dealing with a 4-hour flight, you’ve got 240 minutes times $3 times the total number of planes in the sky. The cost could be enormous and could raise ticket prices. Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2015, 08:02 AM
I didn't either dumbshit. For some reason (lack of intelligence apparently) the only way you can remotely participate in a discussion is attempt to modify what others post in order to appear "relevant" in the conversation. Sad, but true.

. Originally Posted by LexusLover

In about 10 seconds (or less) I can open an app on my cell phone and see EVERYWHERE I have been today (and yesterday, etc.....). Did it cost $70,000 to install that APP in my cell phone? Fuck NO~! Does it take a bank of "monitors" 24/7 to keep tabs on me? FUCK NO!! ... Is the data there 24/7? FUCK YES.

. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I did not modify a single word you posted. So LL why did you bring up your cell phone app , which you now claim I modified? I haven't modified one single word of that ignorant post. You so busted....you and OJ Simpson must be related or maybe Bagdad Bob. Here is a new avatar for you for 2015
I did not modify a single word you posted. Originally Posted by WTF
So show me where I posted:

..... that fitting a plane to to be tracked over vast ocean's was as easy as installing an app on your phone. Originally Posted by WTF
You are so transparent you are ridiculuous. Like I said ..

.. the only way you can "pretend" to win is modify what people post OR put your own spin on it. ....... AGAIN ..

... I was talking about hardware and software in existence .. in a cell phone. ... meaning it is common place and well distributed .... NOW

and I NEVER SAID IT WAS AS EASY INSTALLING IT IN AN AIRCRAFT .... AND YOU KNOW IT.

AGAIN, you kept claiming it didn't exist and it cost $100,000 to install ...

..........when 90% of the U.S. Fleet already have it installed.

Keep struggling .. you are about to over take BigTits in the dumbass race.

You have drowned in this discussion.

Your distortions can't resuscitate you!
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2015, 08:32 AM
and I NEVER SAID IT WAS AS EASY INSTALLING IT IN AN AIRCRAFT .... AND YOU KNOW IT. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Then why did you bring it up? What you did was imply ... a trick you use so you can then back track.

AGAIN, you kept claiming it didn't exist and it cost $100,000 to install ...

! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I did not say it did not exist. I posted what it cost to install. Do you think Santa Clause installed those for free? Or the Phone App Fairy?
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2015, 08:44 AM

! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes and I kept asking you why it was not being used extensively. You could not answer. I then provided the answer. I am no expert on this but then again neither are you. Instead of some simple research , you relied on your Cell phone app as if that was comparable.

http://fox59.com/2014/12/29/why-dont-planes-live-stream-flight-data/
But the technology is not catching on with major carriers.
Skeptics point to several reasons why. For starters, industry consultant Michael Boyd pointed out, planes rarely completely fall off the grid.
“Up until now, we haven’t had a need to track all airplanes,” Boyd said. “Why would we do it if we don’t have to?”
Another problem: widespread use of live streaming technology would create an overload of information, making it hard to analyze properly.
But in the end, it comes down to cost, experts said.
“[Airlines are] very cost sensitive,” said former inspector general of the U.S. Department of Transportation Mary Schiavo, who is a CNN aviation analyst. “They simply will not add additional safety measures unless mandated by the federal government.”
Flyht counters by saying that its system, which typically costs less than $100,000 to install, is designed to save carriers money.
Was this not installed on these aircraft? A device that is ejected and sets off an emergency beacon.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-ne...elt-rules-icao
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2015, 01:50 PM
Was this not installed on these aircraft? A device that is ejected and sets off an emergency beacon.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-ne...elt-rules-icao Originally Posted by tucson
Me thinks LexusLover does not know but will somehow try and blame Obama if not...

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-ne...elt-rules-icao Originally Posted by tucson
That looks like a good idea!
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I would never suggest or imply for one second that YOUR PRESIDENT would hide anything from the U.S. citizens or distort what is known by the Administration on any subject matter. Back to reality. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Could you please be more clear on why you think our President is distorting anything in regards to this latest aircraft disaster. If you do not think he is why are you implying that he is doing so?

Are you so eat up with Obama hate that everywhere you look you see evil Obama like JD. That silly sob thinks Obama disrupted a wedding on purpose.

• WTF
  • 01-06-2015, 08:08 AM
tuscon since LL has finally left the thread with his dribble about cell phone GPS and hidden government cover ups maybe we can talk common sense.

Like how much you think Moore's Law factors in in the advent of eventually getting all this technology installed? Isn't that basically the key?
Look out! WPF read a new term he doesn't understand!

• WTF
  • 01-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Look out! WPF read a new term he doesn't understand!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
New term? Where you been the last fifty years old man...Besides on a hooker board trying to talk ladies into fucking you on the cheap!

I don't understand the relationship between Moore's law and the crash. If you are referring to the onboard electronics than yes it will advance. Safety and expense are foremost in the airline industry. New procedures face union resistance and bean counter reluctance to spend money. Still safety must prevail. The old tube type equipment was replaced by semiconductors as quickly as they became reliable.
ARINC was two different company's in that one company was involved in determination of the reliability of components. The beginning of ARINC had to be approved by Congress as it was forbidden for the different airlines to come together in a common cause. The airlines came together to build a communications company. The company was owned and governed by all of the airlines. The company today has been separated from airline ownership.