Let us not forget Pearl Harbor

Was aware of that lexie lacking, had relations there at the time. the thread had digressed to Vietfuckingnam. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You noticed that ... too..... History tends to repeat itself.

Our fast food, feel good society doesn't like protracted, politically correct wars.

Particularly when they are "covered" by the anti-military, peacenik press.
I have never found anyone so far who was drafted sent there and said they were happy about it. The whole country was against the war not just your peace loving press. Guess you and your ilk are the ones who are the war lovers.
The whole country was against the war.... Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Wrong.

And as wrong as saying the "whole country was against the war...." in Kuwait, Iraq, the Balkans, and Afghanistan.

Running a war from the seats in Congress with "political correctness" is, and was, the problem.....the entire world (including our "allies") believe the U.S. voters don't have the stomach for "war" ... particularly one than can be drawn out while the politicians play footsy with the enemy ... pretending they a JV!

Why do you think folks from Vietnam consulted with Saddam before the shooting started? ... What do you think their advice was? .... "surrender"?

Did you listen to James Mitchell? Did you hear and ingest what he said he was told during his #1 interrogation about our government and our people?

The Japanese had a similar belief .... that reputation has been "earned."

And we are reinforcing it today ... every day.

I have never met anyone who "really" enjoyed "the war," although most of those I have known who went re-uped 2 to 3 times, and some others did contract work.
Were you one of the protesters throwing shit at the returning troops? Which this has nothing to do with the OP again fuck off.
Were you one of the protesters throwing shit at the returning troops? Which this has nothing to do with the OP again fuck off. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
No. And none of my friends did either. You get me confused with the gang of ...

He doesn't have many friends who did 2-3 tours in S.E. Asia.

Neither does Jane Fonda.

And ... what if I don't want to "fuck off"?
No. And none of my friends did either. You get me confused with the gang of ...

He doesn't have many friends who did 2-3 tours in S.E. Asia.

Neither does Jane Fonda.

And ... what if I don't want to "fuck off"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Has nothing to do with the OP as usual, however I see your need to have the last word.
[SIZE="3"]Has nothing to do with the OP .. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Actually it does. Historically.

The difference is winning vs. losing, and finishing vs. surrendering.

You want to respond again, so I can?