NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Well, I've been out of pocket a bit and missed a lot. Very nice discussion once all the name-calling and foolishness is put to rest. Originally Posted by Satin
Prior to putting "all the name-calling and foolishness" to rest, I have a few observations to put before you!

* Is there a difference between "name-calling" a Houston Texans football player and "name-calling" one of our posters?

* Or is it only foolish for one and not the other?

* is it possible to offer criticism of Matt Schaub without first resorting to "name-calling and foolishness?"

* Is it possible to offer criticism of one of our posters without first resorting to "name-calling and foolishness?"

* Does referring to Schaub as Dopey qualify as "name-calling and foolishness?"

* Would the name Dopey Dude have evolved without Schaub first being referred to as Dopey?

* Assuming the two are equally guilty, isn't it a bit disingenuous to call someone out for "name-calling and foolishness" if they are guilty of doing the same?

* Just sayin

Attachment 110113 Originally Posted by DickEmDown
If commissioner Goodell were to somehow see this, he would probably come up with a way to fine him $100,000.

I hope Mike Wallace doesn't leave the team (unless he comes to the Texans ) Because I would be fucked and will have to find a new team. The only complaint I have of this team is that none of the RB's can catch the damn ball.
  • Satin
  • 02-27-2012, 11:06 PM
BT, I'm not going to get into a mind game scenario with you bro....I made a point and I take it that you're astute enough to understand it. I think that 99.99% of the guys here do. It was also made in response to many guys who asked me to say it...along with others who won't post or stopped posting because of the stuff being said.

With that, I just want to talk football and also make the point that criticizing a player does not make you a hater. If that's the case, I'm a hater of every Texan, because at some point, I've critiqued every single one of them. But I won't debate that, just making a point....take it or leave it. It's my thread, so I'm just throwing it out there.

Well boys, it looks like there are serious decisions being made about Mario and other players. Some are being asked to restructure their contracts. We will know something soon. The college combine players are looking good.

Glad to see 2 Longhorns jump in. DED, man we're coming for your Steelers playa....

PS: Don, I gotta be honest, I don't play PS3 bro. I have a PS3, X-Box and WII...but don't know how to play any of them. Just have them for the hoes that come by...lmao...
I feel that, I don't have PS3. I'm an X-box guy. Dude, Madden has basically been the only game I've played constantly for all of my gaming life. But Grand Theft Auto and Call Of Duty are pretty baddass games if you have a system, you should try those out sometime! I bet the hoes would love those games.

One of the main things about playing the game is that it helps you to really appreciate solid QB play.

Just for fun, after I finish defeating all the top teams with the Steelers, I'm going to put Peyton Manning and Vincent Jackson on the Texans

I'll have the line set at -11 for each game.
BT, I'm not going to get into a mind game scenario with you bro....I made a point and I take it that you're astute enough to understand it. I think that 99.99% of the guys here do. It was also made in response to many guys who asked me to say it...along with others who won't post or stopped posting because of the stuff being said. Originally Posted by Satin
By any other name, "name-calling and foolishness" is for lack of a better term, "name-calling and foolishness." I merely jumped on the ""name-calling and follishness" bandwagon and made myself at home! The difference: The Schaub haters (which I do not consider you to be one) did not like it when someone disagreed with them. They wanted to enjoy all of the cake without sharing with someone foolish enough to believe that Schaub is a fairly good, 2nd tier NFL QB, who is capable of taking us to the Super Bowl! If you must disagree with the Schaub haters, please do so quietly in the corner. That way, the locals will once again be able to dine on all of the "name-calling and foolishness" until their belly's are full. Ain't life grand?

When they were unable to do so, they complained that the so called Schaub lover wasn't playing fair in their specially designed Schaub hater's, play house! We just need to rid ourselves of that nasty ol' Schaub lover and this will go back to being a perfect world once again! We can then hate on Schaub all day and all night and everyone will always agree! Ya gotta love paradise!

I really thought you were astute enough to understand it, Bro! Oh well, perhaps not! At least we are both astute enough to agree on Jo Jo!

Hell, I had a ball watching 'em squirm! I can't wait till next year, cuz' I've got a sneaky suspicion that Schaub might be taking us to the Super Bowl! If that occurs, Dopey Dude is really gonna be squirmin'! I hope to have a ring side seat for all of the action!
BT...

By any other name, "name-calling and foolishness" is for lack of a better term, "name-calling and foolishness." Originally Posted by bigtex
I like facetious shenanigans for a better term... Thanks to spell check I think I got the spelling right.

Nevertheless come on man, I know u get the point.

Kind of funny but your twist of "name calling and foolishness" came to mind when I was going though some internet funny pages and came upon this:

As I said before, I like the debates, whether its on Schaub, Mario, Foster, Jacoby, Kubiak, etc. The point of "name calling and foolishness" is when the debate becomes like a personal vendetta between the two parties . I believe this was where the OP(Satin) jumped in calling for a moratorium. Though the moratorium was needed, both you fellers made excellent observations and I could tell it took some research on both your parts. Just to pick out a couple of posts: the last 2 on pg 70. However the debate was greatly overshadowed by the lack of respect. And BT, believe it or not Daddio is rootin for Schaub next yr. despite Schaub's "dopeyness." Not to put words in Daddio's mouth but rather to state my take on some of what he said, I think being a "self-proclaimed Schaub hater," among other posts came out of frustration.

Speaking of Dopey(Schaub), from what I understand, the name was given to Schaub due to his funny faces, and 2 left feet.

As for me, when I first joined the thread I went off on the Schaub doubters mainly because I thought they were calling for him to be cut mid year of his best season with no tangible replacement. I even suggested that if they took their opinion's to Dre, they might get Finnerganed. I'm sure you remember that as you joined me on that note. However, once I learned they were not truly haters but rather where just being critical of his weaknesses, I respectfully backed off and took notice.

I tend to agree with Satin about the standpoint from being a season ticket holder. I just secured my season tickets for 2012 as well. It's quite an investment, $1-2K. Shelling out that kind of money to just to see 10 football games, kind of puts you on a pedestal as a fan. To me, though a season ticket holder's opinions and assessments are merely subjective, they actually hold some weight as the holder has an ongoing investment in the team.

The difference: The Schaub haters ...... did not like it when someone disagreed with them. They wanted to enjoy all of the cake without sharing with someone foolish enough to believe that Schaub is a fairly good, 2nd tier NFL QB, who is capable of taking us to the Super Bowl! If you must disagree with the Schaub haters, please do so quietly in the corner. That way, the locals will once again be able to dine on all of the "name-calling and foolishness" until their belly's are full. Ain't life grand?

When they were unable to do so, they complained that the so called Schaub lover wasn't playing fair in their specially designed Schaub hater's, play house! We just need to rid ourselves of that nasty ol' Schaub lover and this will go back to being a perfect world once again! We can then hate on Schaub all day and all night and everyone will always agree! Ya gotta love paradise Originally Posted by bigtex
I know you were primarily addressing Satin, but since its here on the thread, allow me to share my thoughts.....

Looks to me that you are feeling isolated because you like Schaub. I don't think that's the case at all. Personally, I'd love to see the debate continue. That's simply because if all parties agree, there is no debate. I value you opinion and respect the time and research you have dedicated to making your points. I've told Satin countless times, I enjoy your posts. What I don't like is your tendency to beat a dead horse and your repetitive tendency to call out Daddio as if his opinion doesn't mean shit. Daddio posted some similar BS posts as well, but from my standpoint it's usually out of defense. If its all in good fun and just being blown out of proportion, then I guess "it is what it is."

The reason I said in an earlier post that it diminishes the value of the thread is because we got a bunch of members here that I'm sure wouldn't mind Texans talk as well. However, jumping in to a heated debate gone personal could be a deterrent. I'm a football-fiend and would love to hear different perspectives whether I agree with them or not. I'm not saying not to play around or not to call BS on something you feel strongly about. I'm just saying I'd like to see a little more integrity in your posts from the "facetious shenanigans'" standpoint. However, I commend you for making an argument and backing that shit up! But can we change the subject every once in awhile? Or add some twists to it?

I've been throwing you treats but your not biting.... come out of your shell and entertain me a little why don't ya? You stated that you want Mario and we both made arguments why we should or shouldn't sign him...

HOWEVER, if signing Mario means Texans' resources will be deemed useless as it pertains to a 2013 extension to Schaub, would you still want to keep him??

I think its a reasonable assessment that the VALUE of the QB to a TEAM will ALSO require a substantial monetary amount. I've heard talks of Texans making it a priority to address contracts expiring in 2013. However, SCHAUB's name has not come up yet...

Speechless? Too early to think about it?? OK more food for thought.. Can TJ be as good as some think he is and take over the role 2013? Are we that dead set on SB or bust?-- to the point of loosing Schaub 2013? Is it possible to address the BIGGER ELEPHANT now??

NEW QB ERA FOR TEXANS??

OK keep in mind these are merely my thoughts if keep Mario

I admit Peyton Manning is far off and may only be short term and would come with questionable health issues. Schaub is by for a more feasible option for 2012 if we want to make a SB push. However this also just short term? Like Mario 2012, awarding big contract to Schaub 2013 may also be out of reach. So, just for you fellers' entertainment, allow me to propose a trade. Before you piss yourselves, spit out your drink, and render your computer useless, allow me to explain. With Schaub's projected contract value and the future predicament hiding under the bed, there is a just a small window for the Texans SB hopes. That is, of course, unless TJ can be the QB we want him to be. Well, Schaub has a lot of value and there may be some takers that could afford him. Here, is where I'd approach, let's say, Washington. Since Rams sit at #2 in the Draft and they believe they already have their franchise QB, they've let it be known they'd be willing to trade their pick to a team eagerly looking for a QB. That's where Washington comes in. Well, if the Texans have all major positions in place for next year but if they are willing to make a big sacrifice (Schaub) for the sake of years to come, it just may be possible to make turn that small window into the PEARLY GATES. Here it is... Trade Schaub along with some 2013 picks to Washington for their #2 pick and get RG3 or Luck (whichever one is available). Though it sounds far off, Washington is said to be a UTR playoff contender with the exception of a franchise QB. With Schaub, they'd have one hell of a QB that has worked years under Shanahan's protege. Though I'm proposing to trade Schaub for a rook, Schaub may be considered more of a sure thing than a rookie in Luck or RG3. However, though this could post-pone SB hopes for 2012, it could help them address cap issues now and give them an opportunity to lock in their next franchise QB. Besides, Mr. Wade(fix-it)Phillips is here 2012 but has expressed interest in being a Head Coach. We cannot expect him to grace us with his presence 2013+.

Downsides:
- 1st of all, who was the last QB we selected in the upper echelons in the draft? --Carr
- I don't car who he is or what college he came from, expecting to get a franchise QB via NFL Draft is HIGH RISK

Oh BT, FYI, I don't feel offended in any way as far as our debates go. Critique me all you want , Call me whatever you want , just please not repeatedededededly AND please allow me to redeem myself if I fall flat..

And Daddio... Get ur ass back on the thread! What are you waiting for? More cheerleaders? Don't let BT run u off.. But please fellers, keep it civil..

I thought about placing this in Co-Ed to see if any providers are interested in trying out but IDK. a Provider/cheerleader would be a dream come true but too risky I suppose.

Don, DED... Guess who is up for the Cover..... again....
Yup Arian Foster... though he tweeted this "Im the Ron Paul of the madden race." If it happens, I've got to get it autographed...

Satin... I find it hard to believe you don't play Madden... Not at least once???
and I disagree bout Don's suggestions for games those are guy's games...
I'd Go with some Wii games that involve a lot of bending and jumping... Hell, on that note, go with Zumba.. Or have them ho's get buket naked and do some wii fit yoga There is even a bowling game that would make a nice view from behind
  • Satin
  • 02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Damn Cat-Man of all your posts, this might have been your finest work. You summarized it beautifully, even threw in football takes...thanks for that.

I had a feeling BT would respond the way he did. Doesn't surprise me. Maybe it will hit home when he realizes many guys feel this way and that is why they stopped posting on this thread. Again, playing around is cool, but getting personal is ridiculous. I just want to enjoy some football talk, opinions and discussion, no matter if I agree with them or not. It might have been humorous at first, but it's played out and old now. Also stating the same points over and over on every post is stale as well.

Cat-Man, I understand yours and Daddio's perspectives. Don't wanna put words in his mouth, but I'll try to talk him back on here. When he's serious, he has good takes and great football knowledge and I hope he reconsiders contributing again. I enjoyed most of his posts.

Your point on Mario is well taken. It's amazing you can see things so clearly others can't. I can't wait until the draft.

Yea man no video games for me bro. I like them but just don't play. I like seeing my friends play but it's not my thing. Kinda like non full service women, I just don't care for it.

I'm back in Austin this week, but let's grab a beer and chase some ass when I get back...
Thanks Satin. I'm truely honored for the complement .. if it will help BT shape up, bring back some old faces, and chime in some new ones that will make it all worth while...

But if that was my best..perhaps here is my worst... in a schitzo moment..

RRRRRocketsJustPassedLakersAnd TiedTheMavsFor4thInTheWest

Sorry couldn't help it..

You know Moss said he'd take an performace-based contract. And what happened to the Keenum talk? Will TJ end up being a higher draft pick than the most productive qb in college history?
if it will help BT shape up, Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Ain't gonna happen. I'm not much into double standards! I'm either a one way or the other kinda guy. Not both!

Y'all might be better served trying to get Dopey Dude to stop the "name-calling and foolishness," rather than trying to get me to change my ways at this stage of my life. If someone wants to make Dopey remarks, I am going to call them out on it. If nothing else, i am consistent! Perhaps if Daddio's (a minor concession on my part) "name-calling and foolishness" were to go away, mine will soon follow.

Otherwise, just learn to accept (or ignore) the inevitable!

HOWEVER, if signing Mario means Texans' resources will be deemed useless as it pertains to a 2013 extension to Schaub, would you still want to keep him??

I think its a reasonable assessment that the VALUE of the QB to a TEAM will ALSO require a substantial monetary amount. I've heard talks of Texans making it a priority to address contracts expiring in 2013. However, SCHAUB's name has not come up yet... Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
As for the Texans addressing 2013 contracts now, I do not see that happening. They will take care of Schaub's situation, one way or the other, in 2013. As it relates to Mario, I certainly understand the need to restructure contracts if we intend to keep him. In fact, I've mentioned it several times previously. Perhaps you missed it! If so, I will repeat my position. I am all for resigning Mario but not at the $22.9 million figure. If that is Mario's asking price then we should part ways. If Mario is willing to accept something significantly less, I believe the Texans should pursue that option vigorously.

At the end of the day, the Texans are a much better team with Mario than they are without him. Especially, with little or no compensation in return! The Texans do not have the hole card here, Mario does. If Mario has $$$$ signs in his eyes, he will move on to a team with much more cap space than the Texans.

All I am saying is that the Texans need to find out if Mario has a significantly less $$$$ in mind before we cut our ties.
I meant those games for Satin, not the hoes..I get why you wouldn't to play them though, better to focus on pussy
You know Moss said he'd take an performace-based contract. And what happened to the Keenum talk? Will TJ end up being a higher draft pick than the most productive qb in college history? Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I still think it's the size issue. He and Kellen Moore barely are 6 foot tall, and the numbers don't help them, I think Brees is the only elite QB that is short, and he's about 6'1.

Meanwhille, Tannehill and Nick Foles are 6'5 and 6'7...even though they might not be have as smart as Keenum and Moore, scouts will be looking at size.
Texan's Kubiak will be honored as AFC Coach of the Year

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...coach-of-year/

Congratulations Coach Kubes, considering the number of injuries it is a well deserved honor!
  • Satin
  • 03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Good post BT...FYI, went looking for Jo-Jo last night....nada...

Good points fellas, the Mario talk is heating up. Seattle and even Jacksonville is in the hunt. I've heard Bud Adams will also make a run, just to rub our faces again.

Well deserved for Kubes. I've always liked him and never felt the adversity was his fault. He's a boring ass interview, but a good coach.

Don, man I barely know how to turn those games on dude. One day me and my girl was gonna try to watch a movie on the PS3 & I couldn't figure out how to do shit, so I had to call my 12 year old nephew for help...lol. Sad...
Kubes winning coach of the year is a good honor, but I view it more as an organization award for the Texans. Wade Phillips helped tremendously. Rick Smith's draft picks of JJ Watt and Brooks Reid were outstanding as well as the signing of J. Joseph and D. Manning. The QB coach for having the Rook ready and to be as productive as he was, was amazing.

I just hope we have another great offseason but it does not appear that we will be as aggressive or hungry to improve, we seem to only want to maintain which could hurt us.

Just heard on 610 that C Myers will probably test the free agent market. That's not good.

Mario getting intrerest from Seattle, Jacksonville and even Tennessee(fucking Bud Adams). I don't really mind losing Mario but don't want him chasing Schaub twice each year within our division.

Strapped by the salary cap it will be very interesting to see if we can have a great offseason again, we need it to get us to the promised land or the coach of the year might be the goat of the year in 2012. Playoffs or bust with the Super bowl a must!!

If we don't make the playoffs next year will Kubes be on the hot seat again? Remember he was almost canned prior to this year and the forced hire of Wade Phillips.

If we let Mario Go free agent, how much money will it free up for us to pick up free agents?
  • Satin
  • 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Now that's the Daddio we all know and love...lol. Now get out there and get some snatch....

If we let Mario Go free agent, how much money will it free up for us to pick up free agents? Originally Posted by Daddio

I looked up Mario's 2011 salary cap hit and it was $15.15 M dollars.

To put that in in Eccie terms: 151,000 x $. That's a shit load of hobby funds! You could have Petra outcall to you every day for 2 hours for the next 46 years.......or get B&Sed by 5 BP girls per day for the next 82 years.......or buy every sonofabitch that has posted on this eipc thread VIP at every club in Houston for life.

I'm no salary cap expert but that seems like a hell of a lot of money that would be freed up to sign people we need like Myers & Foster.