NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Le Star Jean did look like a beast in training camp last year!! It is Le Star by the way and not Lester. Wierd but cool name, Le Star Willy!!
Le Star Jean did look like a beast in training camp last year!! It is Le Star by the way and not Lester. Wierd but cool name, Le Star Willy!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Oops..

Fixed ... Google gets more hits on the misspell than the correct spelling. About 63,000,000 results (Lester Jean) vs About 12,600,000 results (LeStar Jean) -Poor Feller.

Oh and I'm definitely not the general. I'm much better looking! hehehe.. But I agree "he forgot more than I'll never know." I'll critique him on some reporting like the "picture pages" he's been putting up. But it looks like its a new trend now to generate more site hits. He had one of his finer moments today though. One of his questions at the press conference had Arian in tears as he reflected on his past. That's classic.
Payton Manning and the Colts WILL Part Ways!!

Chris Mortensen Senior Anal cyst(hehehe) for ESPN tweeted :
Colts and Manning will part ways, per team sources.... Manning and Irsay will both attend presser, which is expected Wednesday
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...ning-wednesday

Mr McNair say's, "How would you like to sit on this side of the stadium." JK

Food for thought.. Peyton and decades of his offspring are already set for life. Will he want to play for money or for a ring? Would he want to play for a team where he throws 30-50 times, Or a team with a strong running game with good check down options?
  • Satin
  • 03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
So Cat-Man how did you like Arian's speech? Damn, almost made me shed a tear.

Did you hear Randy Moss is getting ready to sign with your Saints?

I'll get back with you tomorrow, I've got some celebrating to do with Arian. He said he's paying for everything tonight....lol
Brett Favre went out on his shield, the way he wanted to go out. A lot of people say he tarnished he legacy, that he's a physical wreck now, he didn't need the money so why risk it...Fuck them. I respect that Favre kept going until his streak was snapped.

Peyton knows what's best for Peyton. The Irsay Colt Franchise was a joke before Manning and Polian.
So Cat-Man how did you like Arian's speech? Damn, almost made me shed a tear.l Originally Posted by Satin
I would have shed a tear as well for 43 million in 5 years. That's some serious hobbying money.
  • Trey
  • 03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
I would love to see Manning in a Texans uniform. Main reason would be the hype two games with colts would bring. I don't know how they could afford it though.

And is it not time to start a 2012-2013 thread or at least ask for a title change on this one lock out is far far gone
  • Trey
  • 03-07-2012, 10:06 AM
That dude had some bullshit tears in his eyes while he cut Manning
If you'd told me two years ago that I would be this fascinated with what's going on with Manning's career, I'd have laughed. Hope we can see him do well somewhere OUTSIDE the AFC South.
Watched the Arian and the Manning pressers, both guys were really well spoken.

Agree with Trey, I'd love to see Manning here, but it didn't sound like he wanted to face the Colts twice a year after watching that presser. But I think it would be stupid to not at least attempt to get him.
So Cat-Man how did you like Arian's speech? Damn, almost made me shed a tear.

Did you hear Randy Moss is getting ready to sign with your Saints?

I'll get back with you tomorrow, I've got some celebrating to do with Arian. He said he's paying for everything tonight....lol Originally Posted by Satin
That's not fair! I wanna go! lol

I loved his speech! Humbling, personal and funny! You get all that and a beast on the field.... Brother a car, sis a house, and moms a fruit basket?? LOL. He even looked at is watch and said, yup it should have arrived at her job by now.

Well since its becoming more apparent Mario will part ways. Even with Reed, Mario will leave BIG shoes to fill. I've a done little looking and this feller looks like a prime candidate for Wade!! If he's still there, we may be looking at our 2012 1st Rd pick:

Nick Perry USC DE

Though he played DE with the Trojans, he's projected to be a good fit at the OLB spot in a 3-4 defense. I think he'd make a nice project for Wade. Here is how he sizes up with Mario's combine...

Nick Perry
height: 6'3
weight: 271lbs
40: 4.64 sec
benchpress: 35reps
vertical jump: 38.5"
broad jump: 124"

Mario
height: 6'7
weight: 295lbs
40: 4.66
benchpress: 35 reps
vertical: 40.5"
broad jump: 118"

Mario obviously has him on height and weight. However, some say that the shorter more explosive DE's show to make better OLB's in transition. Honestly I don't know shit about Nick but he was a big stand out in the combine at his position. The notes about that and projecting him to be drafted by a 3-4 team and being reminiscent of PITs' Woodley and Harrison, caught my eye. He may go higher, but if still around at #26, Texans may just snag him.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...rry?id=2533048
Damn, that dude's thigh's are the size of my chest lol.
I believe Payton will be a Dolphin..................
If Perry is there at #26, I'll be shocked, but you're right, it'd be a great get.
That's not fair! I wanna go! lol

I loved his speech! Humbling, personal and funny! You get all that and a beast on the field.... Brother a car, sis a house, and moms a fruit basket?? LOL. He even looked at is watch and said, yup it should have arrived at her job by now.

Well since its becoming more apparent Mario will part ways. Even with Reed, Mario will leave BIG shoes to fill. I've a done little looking and this feller looks like a prime candidate for Wade!! If he's still there, we may be looking at our 2012 1st Rd pick:

Nick Perry USC DE

Though he played DE with the Trojans, he's projected to be a good fit at the OLB spot in a 3-4 defense. I think he'd make a nice project for Wade. Here is how he sizes up with Mario's combine...

Nick Perry
height: 6'3
weight: 271lbs
40: 4.64 sec
benchpress: 35reps
vertical jump: 38.5"
broad jump: 124"

Mario
height: 6'7
weight: 295lbs
40: 4.66
benchpress: 35 reps
vertical: 40.5"
broad jump: 118"

Mario obviously has him on height and weight. However, some say that the shorter more explosive DE's show to make better OLB's in transition. Honestly I don't know shit about Nick but he was a big stand out in the combine at his position. The notes about that and projecting him to be drafted by a 3-4 team and being reminiscent of PITs' Woodley and Harrison, caught my eye. He may go higher, but if still around at #26, Texans may just snag him.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...rry?id=2533048 Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Wow, that's a BIG MAN!! Scary that Mario is 4 inches taller and 24 pounds heavier. I would like to see both these dudes side by side.

Looks like Elway is interested In Peyton.

Most mock drafts have the Texans picking a WR, Kendall Wright form Baylor or the Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill. It's odd but Wright is dropping because of his combine and Hill is rising because of his combine. I wouldn't mind the Texans drafting the DE!!!