Fox News - We knew it all along...

Are you surprised anymore?

There could very well be a gambit in play...NAW.
Actually a Florida Court upheld Fox's contention that it does not have to report the truth, and can in fact fabricate the News. This took place when a investigative news team, employed by Fox, was fired when they would not say a product from Monsanto was safe, when the facts showed just the opposite. They took it to court and Fox argued that they are entertainment, and can report whatever they want. Google it doubters. AT LEAST FOX ADMITTED IT, UNLIKE THEIR FOLLOWERS!
That's awesome. At least they admit it.

Used to be we enforced libel laws in this country.

I guess all bets are off now.

So does that mean (fill in the blank with the public official of your choice) has stopped beating his/her wife?

But I did not know Roger Ailes, a Nixonist, was the man behind the scenes. It figures though, from the "Party Who Would Be Kings". Fox just became more scary to the undermining of the American People, for me.
Looks to me like many courts have been bought off also. Many Judges have historically had their hands out, and yet we put the commision of justice in their hands. Now, with campaign expenses so high, they have become even more susceptible to the influence of Big Money and Giant News Conglomerates. And there used to be Tariffs to protect American Workers against lowball Imports, which could add substantially to the budget shortfall. What happened there?
I meant, of course, reduce the shortfall.
But I did not know Roger Ailes, a Nixonist, was the man behind the scenes. It figures though, from the "Party Who Would Be Kings". Fox just became more scary to the undermining of the American People, for me. Originally Posted by oralick

Anyone who knows who and what Ailes is should be enough to drive a thinking person away from Fox News permanently.
TRUE. AND LET ME REHASH THE FACT THAT FOX IS NOT A NEWS STATION, BY ITS OWN ADMISSION IT IS A ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK, THAT CAN, AND WILL, SAY WHATEVER IT WANTS UNDER THE GUISE THAT IT IS FACTUAL NEWS! AND THE FLORIDA SUPREME COURT AGREED WITH THEM. SO IF YOU WANT FACTS AND TRUTH YOU MAY HAVE TO RESEARCH A LITTLE. WISHED THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAD NOT LISTENED TO FOX AND HAD TAKEN 30 MINUTES TO RESEARCH THAT THERE IS NO WAY WE WERE GOING TO TURN IRAQ INTO A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY LIKE US. WOULD HAVE SAVED TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND THOUSANDS OF GI LIVES AND INJURIES.
OH, AND THERE WAS ALSO GUYS BY THE NAME OF CHENEY, ROVE, AND BUSH WAS PROBABLY CONSULTED EVERY NOW AND THEN. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN AILES WAS STILL AROUND.
The attorneys for Fox argued the 1st amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort News Reports on Public Airwaves. First 3 Judges didn't agree, but 4th one did.
There is a difference between News that is presented in a biased manner, and news that propogates lies and twists its presentation to manipulate its viewers for its own agenda.
There is no such thing as objective journalism anymore. I don't think journalism has ever been objective, since everyone has a point of view, but what the so called "news channels" are doing (Fox News and MSNBC being the biggest culprits) is just one sided political propaganda and sensationalism.

On one side, Fox News has several clowns who just basically make up stories and call it the truth (I believe Stephen Colbert called it "truthiness") as well as their actual "news casters" who just expand on what the rest of their political commentators talk about. I have not seen any actual news in this station in years.

On the other side MSNBC, being the political polar opposite of Fox News, talks crap about Fox ad nauseum but does exactly the same!! Calling out the right wing network on their inaccuracies does not news make. Trying to look intellectual and poking fun of the lack of knowledge of current events and history of many of the Fox News people, true as it may be, does them the greatest disservice. No one likes a squeaky wheel.

The other US 24 hour news stations are just a joke. No one cares about the news, they all just report scandals. That's where the ratings are! Also, when people make fun of Fox News on the air, all they do is raise their ratings even more. Again, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

It is our fault though. We've convinced ourselves that what is newsworthy is who fucked who, who was having an affair with their secretary (male or female), what was Snookie wearing to the MTV music awards or who is "The Situation" fucking at the time, etc. We don't care about knowing what is actually going on politically and how it affects us, we care more on what Sarah Palin said about Paul Revere and junk like that.

Hopefully we will open our collective eyes one day and stop politicians from working towards advancing only their own interests and not the ones of the people who put them there.

I can only hope!
Hopefully we will open our collective eyes one day and stop politicians from working towards advancing only their own interests and not the ones of the people who put them there.

I can only hope! Originally Posted by Grecco
I can only think of one or two politicians who've ever done the right thing for the right reason and not to bank political capital. They didn't last very long either.

Excellent post Grecco.
Well said Grecco. The danger, of course, is that Americans may become even more uninformed and isolated from the events that are shaping and influencing our future. Could this be part of an agenda? Possibly. Could the dumbing down of our citizens be a threat to the future of our Great Nation? I would say we have all certainly seen examples of that, whether we recognize it or not. For education to come under such attack, is really a multi-faceted danger, and make no mistake, education in this country is under attack.
From without and within.

In nearly 6 decades in Texas, I can 't remember a time when it was cool to be smart.

Now, people wear their ignorance as a medal of honor and their ignorance as a sign of social acceptability.

I experienced a lot of that at my 40th HS reunion.

I mourn the future of our country.

What's it going to take to return to real American values?