If you happen to be dining in Dallas soon....

Just like you cant prove you're actually smarter than protected classes that you exclude out of fear. It's just like sports records the majority accomplish by excluding minorities -TAINTED.

Personally I find that high GPA's at State and Ivy League colleges easily disproves your silly assertion of what cant be proven. It also tells me you think I took a job from you when me being smarter than you is really all that it is. ;-) Perhaps you could have made that case 30yrs ago.

Further when I delve a bit deeper from an academia perspective I find that by way of comparison Affirmative action vs. Legacy based admissions prove that affirmative action is nothing but a test that proves most people belong. I dont have empirical evidence but I dont necessarily need it. For example, kids benefitting from affirmative action not only have to get the grades but they have to keep the grades otherwise they're out. However, kids benefitting from legacy based admissions (rich family donating to their alma mater) can get poor or failing grades with no penalties.

If I'm not mistaken George Bush (who I liked in some ways) benefitted from this arrangement. My point is that despite your contentions about Affirmative action it doesn't dumb down curriculum's like donor admissions which are really prevalent.

I like chopping it up with you. To easy. Lol Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
I can't believe you think the passing rate of minorities in the Ivy League proves your point. The only way to fail, once you get there, is not show up and take the tests....they are famous for bragging about their graduation rates.

Plus, if minorities failed out at a higher rate, you would just blame racism. I'm all for eliminating legacy admissions - so why don't you then advocate for eliminating affirmative action?

The fact is very few coloreds would be admitted to the Ivy League without affirmative action. You people just can't cut it. You could prove me wrong, though. Put a bunch of black Ivy Leaguers in charge of Detroit and save the joint!!
Ouch. Links please. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Ask and ye shall recieve!

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1283039&page=10
The fact is very few coloreds would be admitted to the Ivy League without affirmative action. You people just can't cut it. You could prove me wrong, though. Put a bunch of black Ivy Leaguers in charge of Detroit and save the joint!! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Are you still living in the 1950s? Or wish it was still 1950 when "coloreds" knew "their place"?
I can't believe you think the passing rate of minorities in the Ivy League proves your point. The only way to fail, once you get there, is not show up and take the tests....they are famous for bragging about their graduation rates.

Plus, if minorities failed out at a higher rate, you would just blame racism. I'm all for eliminating legacy admissions - so why don't you then advocate for eliminating affirmative action?

The fact is very few coloreds would be admitted to the Ivy League without affirmative action. You people just can't cut it. You could prove me wrong, though. Put a bunch of black Ivy Leaguers in charge of Detroit and save the joint!! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

Lol are you done with your hissy fit now. After MGM84 so throughly spanked your ass one would have thought you learned your lesson. Its clear you're uneducated and literally have no clue as to the construct, rationale, and basis of affirmative action. I run into people like you many times before its all a facade because you give the appearance you're educated but your views confirm the opposite. You're actually defeating your own arguement with silly assertions and pure conjecture.

Now that its clear you've reached your intellectual capacity, it's highly likely I wont spend too much more time on you other than to say affirmative action rocks!!!!!

It's given me the opportunity to get the upper hand on the self proclaimed dead beat dad lawyer.

Did you just say "coloreds" ?

And did did you just say "you peole"?

Ok last question before you go on your extended vacay, are you an old school Southern Democrat?

Can you kindly keep that kind of shit off my thread.

Ask and ye shall recieve!

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1283039&page=10 Originally Posted by bigtex
Thanks.

I'm gonna read it while I grocery shop this morning.
what exactly is the difference between saying "people of color" or "colored"?

never have figured that one out

not that I call people colored, I don't call them black either, just another person

maybe the difference is , as most things are in racial matters, is to have a ready cudgel to use against those you see fit to use cudgels against
No clue. I've never liked either one. Maybe it's my generation. One seems derogatory and one seems pretentious.
what exactly is the difference between saying "people of color" or "colored"? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
two words .... both are ambiguous as descriptive terms anyway.

I've never met a "black" or a "white" person.....as "colors" go.
.... the construct, rationale, and basis of affirmative action. ..... Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Inquisitive not argumentative:

. what is your "take" on the .....

......... "construct, rationale, and basis of affirmative action" ?

I've never met a "black" or a "white" person.....as "colors" go. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Crayola changed their "flesh" color crayon to peach in 1962

now they have a box of eight "skin tone" colors

As predicted, JLIdiot is planning a big, envelope-pushing day for us.

Expect objectionable posts that may violate ECCIE standards of behavior, along with some of the nastiest racial and anti-American comments to spring forth from this idiot's festering gob until he invents a way out of keeping his word.

Book it Danno!
what exactly is the difference between saying "people of color" or "colored"?

never have figured that one out

not that I call people colored, I don't call them black either, just another person

maybe the difference is , as most things are in racial matters, is to have a ready cudgel to use against those you see fit to use cudgels against Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Maybe this will help.

Source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/...eople-of-color

Safire continued in that 1988 essay:
"Colored people (which in South Africa means 'people of racially mixed ancestry') has in the United States a connotation different from people of color. ... Colored is often taken as a slur, even when not so intended, and so this term — first used with this meaning in 1611 by the historian John Speed as 'coloured countenances' — is better replaced by its synonym as noun and adjective, black. People of color, on the other hand, is a phrase encompassing all nonwhites. ... When used by whites, people of color usually carries a friendly and respectful connotation, but should not be used as a synonym for black; it refers to all racial groups that are not white."

And from the same article:

"People of color explicitly suggests a social relationship among racial and ethnic minority groups. ... [It is] is a term most often used outside of traditional academic circles, often infused by activist frameworks, but it is slowly replacing terms such as racial and ethnic minorities. ... In the United States in particular, there is a trajectory to the term — from more derogatory terms such as negroes, to colored, to people of color. ... People of color is, however it is viewed, a political term, but it is also a term that allows for a more complex set of identity for the individual — a relational one that is in constant flux."

"People of color explicitly suggests a social relationship among racial and ethnic minority groups. ... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
There are "social relationships" among all groups in our society (meaning the U.S.) ... some of those "social relationships" are good and some are bad .. and some are "neutral" in the sense of lacking in "cooperative communication" and/or "mutual assistance."

It seems like every 10 or so years, labeling of people gets changed to smooth over some ruffled feathers... with a new "politically and/or socially acceptable" term.

I suspect that very few people in this country refer to persons with ancestry from oriental countries as "people of color" ... and the same with folks who have brown skin with ancestry from the Latin American countries .... or even the Native Americans ("Indians") with a darker shade of skin color.
Maybe this will help.

... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
doesn't help, just more racial politics
doesn't help, just more racial politics Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Yeah, and JDIdiot and JLHomo are happier than pigs in shit to be discussing it!